Seeing Harry Potter at Midnight in DTD

momof2intx

DIS Veteran
We're going to go to the midnight showing of Harry Potter at DTD on 7/15. We are staying at POR....but we will also have a car.

Do we use our car or will the boat from POR to DTD still be running at the time the movie is over?

How is the movie theater at DTD?? Just like any other AMC? Do you think we will be able to purchase our tickets in advance online?

Thank you!!

I doubt the boat will be running since the rest of DTD closes at 11 pm and the movie probably won't end until 2:30 or 3 am, but you could also take a taxi back.

It is a particularly nice AMC, all stadium seating, etc., but essentially an AMC.

Couldn't tell you about online tickets, the days I used to go regularly were pre-Internet. :rotfl: (not really, but pre-Internet movie ticket sales).

It is a nice theatre. You're so lucky to be seeing it opening night in Disney!! I'm going, but it will be up in crappy Jersey lol. Have fun!!

You should be able to buy them online before you go. I'd check now :-) Have fun!

We're going to go to the midnight showing of Harry Potter at DTD on 7/15. We are staying at POR....but we will also have a car.

Do we use our car or will the boat from POR to DTD still be running at the time the movie is over?

How is the movie theater at DTD?? Just like any other AMC? Do you think we will be able to purchase our tickets in advance online?

Thank you!!

The boat definitely won't be running - bus might be possible but I would definitely plan on taking your car.

It's a huge nice theatre.

Liz

Absolutely, get your tickets well in advance. The last time Harry Potter opening night sold out really fast at PI.

For online ticketing, I personally use www.fandango.com

You have to pay a $2 service charge, per ticket. You can also print out the ticket right from your computer at home, although I believe there's another option if you don't have a printer, etc.

I will be seeing Harry Potter at midnight a week before going to Disney... as my bachelorette party! We are dressing up (so nerdy, I know). I'm so jealous that you get to see it at WDW! I LOVE that AMC.

I am also going to be in Disney when HBP premires. I am not able to do the midnight release because I have a 8:10 ADR for Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast the morning of the release date. (I made the reservation when the movie was scheduled to be released July 17...) My friend and I were planning to see it at 3:45 that day though. Do you think I'd need to preorder the tickets?
Thanks in advance.

I am sure you can get tickets now from fandango.We too are going to the midnight show on vacation but at the Universal cineplex theatre and I just bought our tickets.

I was just at the AMC Pleasure Island Theater at DTD today and there was a sign that says the buses stop running at 2am. Taxi's might still be available though.
I'm going to wait until the next morning to watch the movie though :thumbsup2
So excited to see it....they had the best preview yet today before my movie started!!!

LUCKY!!!

I wish I was going to see HP at DTD.

I also wish I could go see it in IMAX but since Transformers will have the rights to the IMAX screens until the end of July, I have to watch it on a regular screen :(

Stupid Transformers.

Happy viewing though, I am really jealous you get to watch it in WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter