See you @@ the Finish Line- Our Dark Side Half Marathon Weekend Adventure

Joining in! I absolutely love your opening Star Wars-esque crawl, the custom ears and shirts are so cute, and I have that same Raw Threads Dole whip shirt (so comfy!). It sounds like you had some really great CM encounters (so refreshing to hear) and I wish I had your endurance for the 4-park challenge; DH and I did it years ago on a day trip to Disney (what were we thinking?) but not so sure we could do it now. Thanks for posting the information about the express transportation, too, sounds like it was well worth the cost! Looking forward to the rest of your TR!
So happy to have you join in! That shirt is sooo comfy. I actually got it as the April Fool's Mystery deal which worked out perfect for our trip.

Yay for lantern shots! I am so green with envy right now - DH and I were going to do those back when they were supposed to only be temporary, and then I asked a CM about them while we were in MK last Monday, but we ended up going to the Star Wars fireworks instead, so sadface. Yours are really wonderful!

Awesome day! I have yet to do 4 parks in one day. The express bus would be a must for that.
You can most definitely accomplish it, and you already have used the express bus, so you know where to be! What was so much fun besides our crazy selfies was that (almost) every CM we saw was really excited about our challenge and they really got into it! I'm so proud of us for seriously doing every single thing and more that we could cram in! :love::hyper:

The boys rode barnstormer a couple times.
They were so proud to be doing a ride all alone!

Liam and Me and the photo bomber :rotfl:
Killian is going to crack up knowing his hand made it all the way to the disboards LOL! Only downside to this pic was that they both had to try and recreate it ALL. TRIP. LONG.:faint:

e stopped to meet Ariel and then headed to BTMRR. Liam wanted to ride 7D but it was still a crazy 70 minute wait :scared1: BTMRR was maybe 10 and it was so awesome to ride in the dark.
Ariel and her handlers were pretty much done with being there by the time we went through, but luckily the photographer was happy and Killian 100% didn't notice. But BTMRR was awesome at night!! and fun to actually walk through the queue!

Elena was so great.
She was pretty much amazing, and I'm pretty sure she was really surprised Killian knew SO much about her world. He was spouting out some random factoids and she just rolled with it after a few surprised pauses! I love that Killian was "meeting Elena for his younger sister" bahaha riiiight. He legit has Disney Princess crushes.:rotfl:

How did I not get any pictures of Rapunzel!?
Oh, easy, because we got the pictures of the awkward dude behind us!!! Your magic band was the key to strangeness on photopass!!!!

We also did a lot of pin trading on this trip. I have to give Becky and Killian the credit for that one, Liam really enjoyed it and it helped him interact with others.
:goodvibes He did awesome! I'm so glad we had that whole bag of random pins that we could trade!!!

So I walk over, pull back the curtain and there they were. Mousekeeping had decorated with them! When the cast member came back on the line Becky told them where we found them and they cracked up. It was definitely time for bed!

It was like this: :confused::confused3:eek::sad1::sad2::faint::rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: Seriously. I was such an idiot. BUT in my defense, we had almost no reason to approach our room from the direction that would have let us see our windowfront. And I totally didn't. Obviously.

@MommaoffherRocker's DH and mine might not let us keep taking trips together, we're nothing but trouble :cool: (some chairs spin to raise back up)

Wow, this sounds like the best trip ever. I can't believe how much you all did in one day! Can't wait to hear more.
I feel like it's important to note that we by no means are reporting everything we did...Melanie is a beast at TRs and I'm awful. Even while we were there, I was like, how in the WORLD are we going to remember even half of this for the disboards?! :)

That is one heck of a day...and isn't that bus boarding time for the races??
Yes! We joked about that on the way back to POP, in a couple days we would be waking up at that time.

How fun for the boys! Quite the adventure.
::yes:: They had a blast. The only problem is now the other 8 can't wait for their turn :scared1:

I can't believe how much you all did in one day!
I know!! Luckily the crowd calendars were wrong, it was nowhere near as crowded as we had planned for.

how in the WORLD are we going to remember even half of this for the disboards?!
oh man it is difficult but pictures help alot!

I'm like 95% sure I follow that friend of Elena's on instagram!
How neat princess: She really was one of the best princesses I've ever met and it was like 2am so major props to her!

DH and I were going to do those back when they were supposed to only be temporary
I was worried they were going to stop before we arrived so I was happy that they extended it (don't they always do that).

That lantern shot is awesome!
Thanks! I love the way it turned out.

I'm exhausted just reading about that day. Holy cow!!!
Yeah it was crazy! @wehrengrizz and I have a problem for sure :rotfl2:

A Breakfast with Character

Hope you guys are ready for a photo bomb :D

We had reservations at Tusker house at 10:15am on this morning. We did a Rivers of Light dining package so we didn't have to wait in a crazy line to see that later in the night. Understandably we were slow moving. So after a sprint across the parking lot we made it to Tusker house around 10. We checked in and sat down for a minute before we were called back. On the way to our table they gave us light up lotus flower popcorn buckets. We saw later they were selling these in the park for $16. They told us we could get them filled for $1.50 at the popcorn carts.

light up.jpg

I loved this character breakfast. The food was good and most of the character interactions were awesome.

First we saw Daisy and she was very sweet.
daisy all.jpg

Then Donald, he was upset that Killian's book had Mickey on the front because he was #1. He even signed the book Donald #1.

all donald.jpg

Next was Mickey. At first he would just peek at us from behind the wall. Killian was so excited he could barely contain himself. Then Mickey ran into someone and he was so embarrassed.
mickey shy.jpg

mickeyboys.jpg mickey.jpg

He loved that he was on the front of Killian's autograph book.

Last was Goofy.

goofy.jpg

Goofy was in a hurry and I am probably lucky to have gotten this picture. He was gone before we could get the four of us in one picture. It was disappointing after all the other characters were so great.

Before we left, Daisy came back by and we snapped one more picture.
daisy kiss.jpg

The service was also excellent, our server was on top of everything and even made sure we had to go drinks.

After breakfast we headed to the drum area. The boys played the drums and we browsed the pin cart that was next to them. Liam told me at breakfast that his was disappointed he didn't have an autograph book so I picked one up for him at the cart. From there we decided to go to the expo to pick up our race bibs, so we headed for the car. On the way we saw Russell from Up with no line.

russell.jpg

And then we needed a shot of us in front of the tree.roar.jpg

I love this picture!! Becky is very much into it and the boys are like are you sure you want us to roar?

Up Next: Expo time!

You did it! I can't believe how much you were able to do in each park too... you all are awesome!

Ha! Love this! This is one of my favorite memories of going to WDW as a kid- I'll never forget seeing my stuffed animals in the windows! :D
LOL!! Well we decorated our own window last time I was at Pop, and Killian even had an idea of what he wanted to put there this trip. But, we forgot. Also, any time our things were used for decorating they were on the beds! :rolleyes1 Unprepared LOL

A Breakfast with Character

Hope you guys are ready for a photo bomb :D

We had reservations at Tusker house at 10:15am on this morning. We did a Rivers of Light dining package so we didn't have to wait in a crazy line to see that later in the night. Understandably we were slow moving. So after a sprint across the parking lot we made it to Tusker house around 10. We checked in and sat down for a minute before we were called back. On the way to our table they gave us light up lotus flower popcorn buckets. We saw later they were selling these in the park for $16. They told us we could get them filled for $1.50 at the popcorn carts.

View attachment 234934

I loved this character breakfast. The food was good and most of the character interactions were awesome.

First we saw Daisy and she was very sweet.
View attachment 234944

Then Donald, he was upset that Killian's book had Mickey on the front because he was #1. He even signed the book Donald #1.

View attachment 234938

Next was Mickey. At first he would just peek at us from behind the wall. Killian was so excited he could barely contain himself. Then Mickey ran into someone and he was so embarrassed.
View attachment 234939

View attachment 234940 View attachment 234941

He loved that he was on the front of Killian's autograph book.

Last was Goofy.

View attachment 234942

Goofy was in a hurry and I am probably lucky to have gotten this picture. He was gone before we could get the four of us in one picture. It was disappointing after all the other characters were so great.

Before we left, Daisy came back by and we snapped one more picture.
View attachment 234943

The service was also excellent, our server was on top of everything and even made sure we had to go drinks.

After breakfast we headed to the drum area. The boys played the drums and we browsed the pin cart that was next to them. Liam told me at breakfast that his was disappointed he didn't have an autograph book so I picked one up for him at the cart. From there we decided to go to the expo to pick up our race bibs, so we headed for the car. On the way we saw Russell from Up with no line.

View attachment 234953

And then we needed a shot of us in front of the tree.View attachment 234952

I love this picture!! Becky is very much into it and the boys are like are you sure you want us to roar?

Up Next: Expo time!

I keep noticing when Killian poses w/ a character, he kicks a foot up too just like them. I think it's been one of his poses for a while, since he knows how much fun it is to have those pictures...but it's cracking me up! It's his dream to be an Imagineer and has already talked about being in the Disney College Program :)

Your trip is awesome so far, 4 parks in 1 day and with 2 kids till wee hours in the morning, you guys rock! That lantern shot is so cool, I totally forgot about it and the carriage too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter