Secrets & Little Known Facts about rides

I think I shared this one here before but...

In the beach scene in Pirates of the Caribbean with the skeleton bones (right in the beginning of the ride), if you look at the skeleton closely, you're recognize that the frayed shirt it is wearing is actually an old Jungle Cruise costume. :wizard:

The source was my parents(including aunt&uncle and cousins). They were there when it happens and it was on the news. I can't believe no one else heard of it...

sorry 4 people was a typo it was 2*... That's what happens when you use your phone. And yes the 2* people (teenage girls)were hopping from buggy to buggy and they got dragged under. My family(this was before I was born) went to HM and was wondering why it was closed and were pissed off they went back to their hotel and saw it on the news.

If it had happened, every single person on here would know about it. That would be the biggest thing that ever happened in a Disney park. I think they were messing with you.

ArielletheMermaid said:
20+ years ago in WDW, 4 teenagers died on the HM by going in and out of buggys, so there actually is 1,003 ghosts in HM.

I call baloney on this one. Sounds like something your parents and relatives would tell you so you didn't do anything stupid.

There have been some (very few) deaths in the park, but 4 guests at a time. No way.

Sorry I forgot a detail, it's not like my parents always tell me the story in their spare time. But I just talked to my mom and dad about it(in separate rooms also) and they told me the same exact story. My mom went the previous year for the first time and was excited to go on HM again, when my parents saw HM it was dead and a cast member told them to turn around. When they both went back to their hotel(Polynesian) they saw it on the news. They BOTH told me it happened in April 1988, 2 teenage girls were involved. Sorry for the error in people but it's not like my parents always tell the story... I don't think they told me to "spook me" they told me around 3 years ago(15) when I have been on the ride at least 20+ times and not a lesson for a kid to keep in their seat at all time(once again I was 15).

Also, why in gods name would my parents make a story about that, that's just plain cruel.

This is an awesome post!! Thanks for posting and adding to it!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

There was a 17 year old who died in DL in 1967 trying to move from car to car on the PeopleMover, and another in 1980 for the same thing. Perhaps that is what they are thinking of?

I can't recall any deaths on any of the omnimover-based rides. There is an urban legend about a teen trying to get out in the Madame Leota scene and falling into a pit, but no evidence to corroborate (and I understand there is no such pit).

Actually, if you have Comcast On-Demand, you can watch a series on the Disney Travel section called Fact or Fiction, and there's a piece about the Matterhorn basketball court. There really is one. They actually show it.

Just pulled these up on YouTube! Thanks!:thumbsup2

Whew....can't believe i just read this entire thread !!!! Glad someone brought it back to life....very interesting fun facts. I started a fun fact of the day as a countdown to my next trip in September....some of the things I read on here are in my countdown, and some are not. Good reading. Hope it keeps going.

Here's one I found....

Mickey Mouse has more than 290 outfits, ranging from a scuba suit to a tuxedo....Minnie Mouse has a wardrobe of 200 outfits, ranging from a cheerleader to evening gowns.

I haven't read through all 50+ pages, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but I read the following:

1. Walt’s Apartment

Because Walt wanted to ensure that everything would be as magical as possible when Disneyland was being built in the early 50s, he had an apartment built in the theme park, which was an hour from where he lived in California. Employees would know when he was in the apartment, above the fire station on Main Street USA, when the light was on in the window at night. To this day, more than 45 years after his death, a light is left on in the window in his memory and supposedly the room has been left untouched since he passed away. Perhaps Mickey’s Ears are not the only things you could ever see at Disneyland.

http://www.toptenz.net/10-disney-facts-oddities.php

Sorry I forgot a detail, it's not like my parents always tell me the story in their spare time. But I just talked to my mom and dad about it(in separate rooms also) and they told me the same exact story. My mom went the previous year for the first time and was excited to go on HM again, when my parents saw HM it was dead and a cast member told them to turn around. When they both went back to their hotel(Polynesian) they saw it on the news. They BOTH told me it happened in April 1988, 2 teenage girls were involved. Sorry for the error in people but it's not like my parents always tell the story... I don't think they told me to "spook me" they told me around 3 years ago(15) when I have been on the ride at least 20+ times and not a lesson for a kid to keep in their seat at all time(once again I was 15).

Also, why in gods name would my parents make a story about that, that's just plain cruel.

Sorry this one is not true. I was a CM in Fantasyland in April 1988 (worked there most of 87 and all of 88) and I would know about this if it happened.

Clare Voince said:

I think at least one fell between the cracks because I remember an episode of that medical examiner show where a man died after riding a ride at a local park. It showed primal whirl in the show and talked about him having a severe headache after riding it. The next morning or something he was dead. Perhaps she couldn't rule it as cause? I recall it so vividly because we had rode it and had someone complain of a headache the rest of the day.

I think at least one fell between the cracks because I remember an episode of that medical examiner show where a man died after riding a ride at a local park. It showed primal whirl in the show and talked about him having a severe headache after riding it. The next morning or something he was dead. Perhaps she couldn't rule it as cause? I recall it so vividly because we had rode it and had someone complain of a headache the rest of the day.

The post was specifically about deaths, or lack thereof, at Haunted Mansion. Primeval Whirl has definitely been directly involved with at least one death, I think two.

There have been a number of post-ride deaths due to undiagnosed medical conditions, etc. on a variety of attractions.

doconeill said:
The post was specifically about deaths, or lack thereof, at Haunted Mansion. Primeval Whirl has definitely been directly involved with at least one death, I think two.

There have been a number of post-ride deaths due to undiagnosed medical conditions, etc. on a variety of attractions.

I was just reading from the links. Scary huh? I still rode it. Hard to think of deaths on haunted mansion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter