Second guessing everything in a matter of minutes

DISNEY1975

DIS Veteran
I had my ADR list prepared for weeks. My 180 was a few days ago. I got up bright and early and reserved everything I could. One restaurant I wanted was not available the day I wanted, so I did a quick swap on the spot. I finished all my ADRs, took a quick look, was satisfied and signed out. 30 minutes later, I was back in, changing a few times by 15 - 30 minutes. Every day since, Ive been changing times and restaurants. Will someone please change my password to keep me from second guessing everything for the next 6 months? !! Am I the only one doing this? Please tell me this is normal!

I think there are two schools of thought on it. It is perfectly normal if you are of the school that books that far out. Then there is the second school that books on the fly and gets what is available. I'm the second school, I like play ADR roulette and discovering new places.

I had my ADR list prepared for weeks. My 180 was a few days ago. I got up bright and early and reserved everything I could. One restaurant I wanted was not available the day I wanted, so I did a quick swap on the spot. I finished all my ADRs, took a quick look, was satisfied and signed out. 30 minutes later, I was back in, changing a few times by 15 - 30 minutes. Every day since, Ive been changing times and restaurants. Will someone please change my password to keep me from second guessing everything for the next 6 months? !! Am I the only one doing this? Please tell me this is normal!
I crazily do the same thing, but sometimes hours change, plans change, etc. So my 180 day is a rough draft. I probably stick with 75% of my original choices. But if I can snag a better time I'll do it. Right now I'm crazy about this whole AK night entertainment RoL thing. I definitely want to see it with a dining reservations and so far, nada!!!
You're fine, you'll get busy with something else and then you won't play at it again for awhile!

I do check on my reservations when I have time so I can see if there is a better time, or that one reservation I didn't get. I'm doing that now with FP and got FPs for 7DMT:worship:

Sometimes I obsess, other trips I book a few places and I'm good. One trip a couple years ago I particularly obsessed over, booked and cancelled ADRs dozens of times, and even changed an ADR, and consequently a whole park day, during the trip. I'm glad I obsessed over it, because it was one of the best trips ever, one that my family continues to reference today for the sheer craziness of it all, even if I felt completely neurotic beforehand.

I do check on my reservations when I have time so I can see if there is a better time, or that one reservation I didn't get. I'm doing that now with FP and got FPs for 7DMT:worship:
Tell me how you got 7DMT. We've been locked out of it. No fp's on our day. Did you just keep looking or split your party down to single riders overlapping times? I've tried the single riders and no luck there either. We are going week after Thanksgiving and seems unusually busier this year.

Why are you second guessing everything?
I can understand if there's something in particular that you didn't get for the day/time you wanted so you are checking for availability otherwise just leave things alone!

I've changed things around more than once but not just because.
There were reasons why.

I crazily do the same thing, but sometimes hours change, plans change, etc. So my 180 day is a rough draft. I probably stick with 75% of my original choices. But if I can snag a better time I'll do it. Right now I'm crazy about this whole AK night entertainment RoL thing. I definitely want to see it with a dining reservations and so far, nada!!!
You're fine, you'll get busy with something else and then you won't play at it again for awhile!

I am doing the same thing with ROL. Since there obviously is not anything for ROL now, I decided to book a restaurant at Epcot. Then I thought, if they are running a show and I cant get a package, maybe I should book an AK restaurant and hope for a fast pass....which is what Im also doing for Fantasmic which hasnt seem to open up yet for late March/April. Now Im afraid if there is no ROL show, Ill be stuck at Tusker House, which Im not a huge fan of instead of my beloved San Angel Inn :( !!!!

Why are you second guessing everything?
I can understand if there's something in particular that you didn't get for the day/time you wanted so you are checking for availability otherwise just leave things alone!

I've changed things around more than once but not just because.
There were reasons why.
Because I review the times and think...will we really be hungry by then? Will that really give us enough time to get there? Do we really want to hop to that park that night? Ugh...how can you plan 6 months out?? Sadly at Disney during peak you have to or you end up at QS every day. Yes, Im crazy.

Because I review the times and think...will we really be hungry by then? Will that really give us enough time to get there? Do we really want to hop to that park that night? Ugh...how can you plan 6 months out?? Sadly at Disney during peak you have to or you end up at QS every day. Yes, Im crazy.

I can plan 6 months in advance because I don't keep thinking those things.
I know where I like to eat and generally when I like to eat while at the parks.
I look at menus and decide and just stick to it unless there's a reason to change it.
For example... I intended to go to AK one evening just to ride Dinosaur so I planned where and when to eat based on that. Then I found out Dinosaur would be closed during my trip so I said forget going to AK just to eat and changed it up.
Also Skipper's Canteen started taking ADR's after I had chosen my ADR's so I switched a couple things around so I could eat there.
If there's not a specific reason I don't change .

How about you put all your ADRS into a spreadsheet by day and time and location, then write notes in the next column. It's helped me from going too crazy. I put down most of the ADRS I am sure of then I put down an ADR and time that I want, but I didn't have yet and I highlighted that. I put the reasoning as to why I wanted that ADR on the column next to it, and then I looked at my list as a whole.

I know you already have all your ADRs but having the reasoning why you want to go to that restaurant and why at that time, really helped me. I hope it can help you!!

I am doing the same thing with ROL. Since there obviously is not anything for ROL now, I decided to book a restaurant at Epcot. Then I thought, if they are running a show and I cant get a package, maybe I should book an AK restaurant and hope for a fast pass....which is what Im also doing for Fantasmic which hasnt seem to open up yet for late March/April. Now Im afraid if there is no ROL show, Ill be stuck at Tusker House, which Im not a huge fan of instead of my beloved San Angel Inn :( !!!!

You can also make your SAI ADR, just make it for an hour before or after your TH. Unfortunately we have to play that game! But when you find out more, you can then choose.

OP you aren't nuts at all. I tweaked a few of mine due to FP+ and certain parades...and I'm still trying to move my SciFi lunch one 1/2 hr earlier. I am just lucky I got Hoop earlier this spring when there were no fall openings. Counting my blessings I got everything I wanted... so no, it's not unusual to waffle.

I have made so many changes since my 180 days. Our trip is at the end of the month and I am still making changes. I think they have all been improvements to our plans though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter