Second All in One Disneyland TR Thread - Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout Review 5/30-6/2

Last Installment on the Trip Report

Day 2 – May 31, 2015 – Part 1

Late Day but we were to Ride RSR and get FP’s
After a nice first day at the DLR where we were able to see the new Paint the Night Parade and Disneyland Forever Fireworks. It was also fun to have my cousin and her BF joined us during the trip which made it even more better where they have stayed with us during the stakeout for the parade and fireworks. Now it is just the two of us and enjoy our second day during the Diamond Celebration.

The parks were open at 8am and the original plan was to go first thing to Disney California Adventure to get FP’s for both Radiator Springs Racers and World of Color – Celebrate!. We were quite exhausted from the other day that we slept in longer. It was nice to sleep in longer that morning instead of going first thing. Even though I like to go to the park first thing in order to go on some rides with short wait times but it was nice to relax and not rush it just yet. DAW was still exhausted from the plane trip along with the staking out that day while I was also tired from the flight and the staking out including being at the parks almost till midnight with my cousin and her BF.

We got up around 8am that morning and we didn’t leave the hotel around 9:00am which was a little late that morning to the DLR.

While we were walking on over to the security check point, a new text for the Diamond Days sweepstake was “Bug” for that day.

We went on in DCA to get FP’s for both RSR and WoC – Celebrate. Since I had the telephoto lens attached to my camera, I got some up close shots of the decorations during the Diamond Celebration. I was able to get most of the decorations during my earlier trip so this time it was up close shots.

The Carthay Circle Theater is all decorated as well.

A look at the top of the theater which shows a diamond top just like the turrets on Sleeping Beauty Castle.

We head on over to the RSR FP queue and we were able to get the FP’s which we were able to get a good return time from 10:50am to 11:50am which was not that bad return time that afternoon. Then we head on over to Grizzly River Run to get WoC FP’s and we were able to get the blue section for the 9pm show.

After that, we didn’t have breakfast so we looked at what restaurants to eat on-site. But when I showed DAW the menu on my iPhone, she was not impressed with the menu so we decided to eat off-site again and this time we decided to go back to the same restaurant that we first ate during our trip which was at Mimi’s Café. To have it two times during the trip was kind of unusual but DAW loves that restaurant a lot that it did makes sense it was not that crowded where the other restaurants on Harbor Blvd were all busy due to being breakfast time at the latest.

After having breakfast at Mimi’s Café, we head on out of the restaurant and back to DCA in order to use our FP’s for RSR. It wasn’t a long wait time since we took our time eating at Mimi’s that morning and timed it just right when our FP’s were good that morning.

Still long wait time for RSR at 90 minutes through the stand-by queue.

We only waited about 15 minutes through the queue since there was a long queue in the FP queue and we had to go through the handicapped loading area since DAW was using the ECV. But now it is time for a drive to the world of “Cars”.

Radiator Falls

Howdy, it’s a big race.

We are all visitors on this Planet.

We got Luigi’s side which is my favorite side.

Whitewall tires look very nice.

Time to race

Our victory photo

After we got off RSR, I asked DAW what she wanted to do and the next ride she asked if we could go on the Little Mermaid ride. I had no problem with it and that was our next ride at DCA that afternoon.

Continue on to the Next Post​

Day 2 – May 31, 2015 – Part 2

Going Under the Sea and Into the World of Monsters​

After riding RSR, we head on over to Paradise Pier in order to ride The Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Undersea Adventure that afternoon. We didn’t have much to do at DCA that afternoon where we were able to go on RSR that afternoon and now this time the Little Mermaid ride.

It was also a good opportunity for me to take pictures on the ride with the telephoto lens where I wanted to get some up close shots of the characters on the ride which I don’t get to often.

Pictures with the telephoto lens on the Little Mermaid ride.

After we got off the Little Mermaid ride, DAW wanted to go on Monsters Inc. While we were walking on over to Hollywood Land, DAW stopped at a few stores on the way to look for some merchandise to buy for her friends and family during the trip. She mostly never buys merchandise during the trip unless it is for other people.

We went from different store on the way over to Hollywood Land from the Elias & Company at BVS and others and she found something was very interesting. These were the Disneyland Resort 60th Diamond Celebration bands which you can have your engraved named on them. She thought that this would be a nice gift to some of the people that she will give to them after we get back to Sacramento.

Then we head on over to Hollywood Land in order to ride Monsters Inc. The Mad T Party made its return after Frozen took most of the land during the off-season from January to May.

Now off to ride Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!.

The wait time to ride Monsters, Inc. was at 10 minutes which is usually the high peak time to go on the ride but it didn’t last 10 minutes.

Once again, I used the telephoto lens on the ride to get up close shots of the characters which doesn’t need a telephoto lens but since I had the lens it made sense to use it on the ride.

After we got off Monsters, Inc. we had some time to kill until it was time to come back to DCA that night and see World of Color – Celebrate at 9pm. So we decided to head on out of the park early around 2pm.

The Crown Jewel Theatre is still up at the Muppets 3D building which hasn’t been taken down after the Frozen Fun event at DCA.

One more look at the top of the Carthay Circle Theater with the Diamond Celebration decorations.

We left the park around 2pm to rest up that night since we were still a little tired from the other night. It was a good thing we did that since we plan on going back to DL the next day and it is quite busy that afternoon at DCA.

That is it and stay tune what else we did that night at the DLR before World of Color – Celebrate.

Last edited:
Your dark ride shots are so sharp and clear! Even with the zoom! Since I'll be there in a couple of months, your pictures are really getting me excited!! :hyper:

So many people don't like the Monsters Inc and Little Mermaid rides but we always enjoy them and hit them many times (especially with the short waits!)

Your dark ride shots are so sharp and clear! Even with the zoom! Since I'll be there in a couple of months, your pictures are really getting me excited!! :hyper:

Thank you Denise. Some of the shots were good while there were some were hit and miss. But overall they were not that bad. I am also getting excited for you as well since your trip won't be to long.

So many people don't like the Monsters Inc and Little Mermaid rides but we always enjoy them and hit them many times (especially with the short waits!)

Definitely. Monsters Inc. and the Little Mermaid ride has one of the shortest wait times. Even during the busy hours, they can go as much as 20 to 30 minutes.

Sounds like a relaxing day so far. Nice pictures from the dark rides.

We did had a nice relaxing day at DCA. We did quite a lot on a short day. Thank you Alison.

Great looking day so far.

Thank you PiO.

Here is my PTR link to my Riding Down to Diagon Alley with Food as Wine as Well PTR Oct. 16 - 23, 2015 Just finished in time until I leave for SoCal on Wednesday for Anime Expo (AX for short). I will be gone from July 1st to July 6th.

I just got back last night after being in SoCal since July 1st. I was there during Anime Expo 2015 at the Los Angeles Convention Center where I was working as a vendor. It has been a long 6 days in SoCal where I was able to meet up with Alison @franandaj during the trip. I spent a few days at the DLR before and after Anime Expo. There were days where it was good while there were days where it was bad for sales. But it was nice to go down and work at Anime Expo which was my first time. I don't know if I will do it again in the near future.

Here are some pics from Anime Expo this past week.
19297826150_6dc7bc1ff8_b.jpg

19485399715_f207af5923_b.jpg

19299268088_52fe4658ec_b.jpg

19299266018_2403f6318c_b.jpg

19300708009_d7abae7935_b.jpg

18866213273_fe9ff4df95_b.jpg

I went to the DLR after Anime Expo on Sunday and stayed until the afternoon on Monday until I head on home to NorCal. Here are some more random pictures on Sunday where I was able to meet up with Alison.

19299275240_870e6ab419_b.jpg

The new Disney hand sanitizers are now at the DLR.

Cinderella Enchanted Windown on MS

I watched Disneyland Forever fireworks from IASW Plaza which showed the projections on the facade.

Later that night, I was able to meet up with Alison and Fran to see the 11pm Paint the Night parade that night. It was nice to watch the parade with them that day where we were able to get plenty of pictures of the parade.

I will continue on my last trip report with World of Color on another day so stay tune for it.

Lucky you going back to DLR again! Nice job on the Cinderella window pictures. That was through glass, right? So hard to get a decent picture through glass, at least for me. :goodvibes: I love the Small World light show. That was during the fireworks?

Welcome back!

DS isn't home right now...but I am going to get him to take a look at the Anime Expo shots of yours.
Looks like you're right back in the zone of taking nice pictures at DLR. Looking forward to seeing some more of the D60 celebrations.

I may hold off on looking at your WoC pictures until after I get to see it. Which will be on 7/22, unless we get a villa with a WoC view next week. I didn't make any requests so we will see.

Lucky you going back to DLR again! Nice job on the Cinderella window pictures. That was through glass, right? So hard to get a decent picture through glass, at least for me. :goodvibes: I love the Small World light show. That was during the fireworks?

It was nice to go back to the DLR after Anime Expo in LA. Thank you Denise. The Cinderella Enchantment Window is through the glass. I had trouble getting pictures that I just waited until the nighttime to get better shots. The projections on IASW during Disneyland Forever fireworks is nice but I will have to see it from SB Castle during DF fireworks.

Welcome back!

DS isn't home right now...but I am going to get him to take a look at the Anime Expo shots of yours.
Looks like you're right back in the zone of taking nice pictures at DLR. Looking forward to seeing some more of the D60 celebrations.

Thanks PiO.

Hope DS saw some of the pics from Anime Expo and I know he will enjoy them.

After working for 5 days at Anime Expo, it was play time.

I may hold off on looking at your WoC pictures until after I get to see it. Which will be on 7/22, unless we get a villa with a WoC view next week. I didn't make any requests so we will see.

I can understand your situation Alison. It makes sense to see it in person before seeing it online or videos. Hope you will be able to see it. It is not as great as the original WoC, but it is worth seeing with some new technology added to the show.

The next updates will be up shortly.

Day 2 – May 31, 2015 – Part 3

Dinner at Tortilla Jo’s & Waiting for World of Color – Celebrate
After getting a nice afternoon rest after a short morning/afternoon at the Disney California Adventure, it was now time to head on back to the Disneyland Resort. We had a 5pm reservation at Tortilla Jo’s that night. This is DAW favorite sit down restaurant at the DLR. I made the reservations a few days ago which we were able to get the 5pm which is our favorite time to have dinner where we will have enough time to get to DCA that night and get our spot for World of Color – Celebrate.

We left around 4:30pm from our hotel so we would have plenty of time to go through the Esplanade and over to Downtown Disney.

DAW ordered the Enchilada combination plate

I ordered the Steak Ranchera

After dinner, we head on out of DTD and back on over to DCA so we can catch the 9pm World of Color – Celebrate.

Before we head on over to Paradise Pier, we walked through Grizzly Peak Airfield on the way.

We got to Paradise Pier about 7:45pm which was an hour and 15 minutes until WoC started at 9pm. We did that so we can get our usual spot at the green fire hydrant at the blue section. I knew that we didn’t need to be there super early to get the spot since it doesn’t require a lot of wait time which getting closer in the viewing area.

When the crowds were let in the viewing area, we had to wait since DAW was using an ECV but we were able to get our spot that night. We had the option of sitting in the handicapped section but we always enjoy watching WoC from our spot. When I went earlier in May, I was able to get an up close spot which was nice and this time it was all back since I was planning on using the telephoto lens for the show.

Some random shots until it was time for WoC.

The newest addition to WoC is the new Mickey shape projection screen on the façade of Mickey’s Fun Wheel which is nice addition where another projection is good for the show.

Now it is time for the 9pm World of Color – Celebrate. DAW was excited to see the new version of WoC while I was seeing it for the second time in a few days which is crazy since I was at the DLR a few days ago and now I am back and seeing it all over again.

Day 2 – May 31, 2015 – Part 4

World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney Part 1​

Here are pictures from the 9pm World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney. This is dedicated to Walt Disney’s legacy. It is different from the previous version of WoC shows from the regular and Winter Dreams. The hosts for this show are Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse.

Day 2 – May 31, 2015 – Part 5

World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney Part 2​

Here are pictures from the 9pm World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney. Once again, Disney has added the Frozen “Let It Go” scene in WoC – Celebrate. I was disappointed that Disney added that scene to the show since it is already on the WoC Winter Dreams version during the holiday season. But since it is so popular even today, Disney had to add it again just like Disneyland Forever Fireworks.

There were smoke scenes around the viewing area which plus it during the Frozen scene.

I thought this was neat to add attractions as part of the show. Enchanted Tiki Room

Splash Mountain with Song of the South

Radiators Springs “Life is a Highway”

Pirates of the Caribbean

Haunted Mansion

It’s a Small World

Star Tours
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/558/19108877006_b0b738f06f_b.jpg[/img]

There was even clips of the new Star Wars movie: Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens

Day 2 – May 31, 2015 – Part 6

World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney Part 3

Here are pictures from the 9pm World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney.​

At the end of WoC – Celebrate, they showed a lot of classic videos of Disneyland.

The show was over and there were some scenes going on.

It is bed time

After the ending part of WoC – Celebrate is over, we headed on out of the park and back to the room. DAW was tired from that night as well as I was. Disneyland Forever fireworks was going on when we were leaving DCA that night.

On the way, I got a few pics of the Carthay Circle Theater at night.

We head on out of DCA that night and back to the room and called it for the night which we got back around 10pm. I know that it is early but we were tired from that night.

This concludes the second day of the trip and the next day which is always the saddest which is the last day. Stay tune for the next update.

I skipped the WoC, but will come back to see it after I see it either next week or the following. We're having dinner at Tortilla Jo's next Thursday night.

We usually have dinner at TJ on every trip. I've really enjoyed seeing things I missed in May through your pics and videos. I'm so looking forward to October now.

I skipped the WoC, but will come back to see it after I see it either next week or the following. We're having dinner at Tortilla Jo's next Thursday night.

It won't be to long until you see World of Color - Celebrate. Have a good time at Tortilla Jo's next Thursday.

We usually have dinner at TJ on every trip. I've really enjoyed seeing things I missed in May through your pics and videos. I'm so looking forward to October now.

Is that your tradition every time you go to the DLR Angela? Thank you. It won't be to long until your trip to the DLR in May. It will be very interesting to see what the DLR will be like during the 60th Diamond Celebration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter