Seattle Goobers' January '12 Trip! UPDATE 1/30: The TR has begun! :)

I am saving my new pajama pants for Christmas too! We are both dorks :rotfl:

They are so stinking close! I can't believe time is passing so quickly!

I'm glad you're having a good birthday. :) I need a Disney case before the trip. Can't wait to see it!

:yay: YES ANOTHER SEATTLEITE! I am pretty excited about this! Haha. It's a long flight but I totally love Disney World so much! Are you going in January, too?! I'm glad you are here for my PTR, as it's never too late to join!

I'm always late to the party, but kind of don't mind because it provides entertaining reading for awhile. :)

Yes, it's a long flight but so worth it. At least Alaska has a direct flight to Orlando. Makes a HUGE difference. I like the red eye going over, that way I feel like I get an extra day at Disney. I fly to FL for work a few times a year w/ connecting flights.... ugh.

Jan 21st-30th, staying @ SSR and BWV. So excited :banana:

I am saving my new pajama pants for Christmas too! We are both dorks :rotfl:

They are so stinking close! I can't believe time is passing so quickly!

I'm glad you're having a good birthday. :) I need a Disney case before the trip. Can't wait to see it!

Woohoo! It was a great birthday. I got lots of wonderful gifts, including a brand new pair of TOMs. :)

I had planned out a post for today during work, buuuut ended up helping my manager make something for a photobooth we are doing this Friday at a work party! I just can't seem to find time lately to sit down and write an update around here. Hmph. Fingers crossed for tomorrow because I NEED an update about our trip. I miss talking about it. :rotfl:

Yes, it's a long flight but so worth it. At least Alaska has a direct flight to Orlando. Makes a HUGE difference. I like the red eye going over, that way I feel like I get an extra day at Disney. I fly to FL for work a few times a year w/ connecting flights.... ugh.

Jan 21st-30th, staying @ SSR and BWV. So excited :banana:

Totally! We are doing the same direct red-eye flight, because we have the same thought process as you; give ourselves an entire extra day at Disney! We leave the night of the 18th and arrive in the morning of the 19th, then head back the 29th. We almost stayed at BWV, but BCV came through for us. :thumbsup2

I am really excited another Seattleite is going to be there at the same time as us!

Woohoo! It was a great birthday. I got lots of wonderful gifts, including a brand new pair of TOMs. :)

I had planned out a post for today during work, buuuut ended up helping my manager make something for a photobooth we are doing this Friday at a work party! I just can't seem to find time lately to sit down and write an update around here. Hmph. Fingers crossed for tomorrow because I NEED an update about our trip. I miss talking about it. :rotfl:

Yay for new shoes! :cool1:

Hopefully you can find time to post today. I miss talking about your trip too! :rotfl:

Holy frijole. Guys, life has been crazy! From last Wednesday until around today, it's seemed like I've had zero time to focus on anything Disney-related! Okay, let me modify that with.. Disney TRIP-related. I've definitely participated in a few Disney-related things, one being seeing the MUPPETS last Wednesday! :love:

I loveloveLOVED that movie so much. I can't wait til it comes out on blu-ray so I can watch it like 3409803 times. I don't think I stopped smiling during the entire movie, I really don't.

Thursday was Thanksgiving, Friday was Black Friday (ugh I should've just stuck with shopping AFTER work that day, considering I got my best deals during the afternoon on Friday! Go figure :rolleyes:). We also spent hours upon hours decorating our entire outside and inside of our house and got it done! By the time I went to bed I was so sore and exhausted (did I mention I only got 3 hours of sleep due to Black Friday shopping? :scared1:)..

Saturday involved running errands then getting our house ready for my birthday party. While I'm super happy we had some friends over and played board games, I was so so tired and felt like I'd had no time to relax that my day of relaxation on Sunday just did NOT feel like it was enough. Monday came way too fast, but I've been surviving since then. Thankfully work has slowed down a bit now that this big project I've been working on is pretty much done until I get feedback on it...

ANYWAY! So that's why I've been pretty MIA as of late. I told you guys before that life gets nuts around this time of year. My Mom is coming to visit this Friday and is staying with us, so that should be fun, but again, will probably be time-consuming. The GOOD thing about being busy is that time is going by so much quicker. I can't believe that we are literally 50 days until our trip. It's seriously throwing me off and I know that before I know it, we'll be in Disney World, checking into the Beach Club and walking around Epcot. So weird, but SO EXCITING.

That being said, I DID get a Disney trip-related present! One of my presents from Matt (he spoiled me a bit with lots of gifts, including a new pair of TOMs AND a new iPhone case which I'll talk about in a few) was the book "The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World" by Susan Veness!

I was super excited about this because I've seen that book mentioned here on the DIS and thought it sounded really neat (even if some of the things mentioned are out of date). Matt said he thought about getting me the Hidden Mickey book but thought I'd like this one more. I think Hidden Mickeys are fun to spot, but I'm not an avid hunter of them... but this book is really neat, just to hear about all the fun Easter Egg type things (which I LOVE finding in movies, books, TV shoes, etc.) Matt is probably going to want to read it after I'm done, since I think he'll find a lot of it pretty cool. I've already started telling him about some of them while I read it before bed, hahaha. He enjoys hearing about it, and it's fun telling him new things that he doesn't already know about Disney World, since usually it's him telling ME (or well it used to be that way until I became a bit obsessed with Disney)...

I also got a new iPhone case that I've had my eye on for awhile, and it's BEAUTIFUL!

58b29089.jpg

It's from the movie Tangled, and someone painted that scene and well.. I just love this case so much. :)

One last fun thing. I just HAVE to show off this adorable Christmas wrapping paper. I found it at Target and just totally adore it. Wrapped up some of Matt's presents last night. :lovestruc

661c6d44.jpg

I mentioned ages ago posting about the snacks I'm looking forward to the most, so here it is! Now, this is probably only a partial list, since I feel like I have way more things I'm missing and would probably love, so feel free to tell me about your favorite snacks that I very well may be missing. Oh, and Dole Whip is not on the list for 2 reasons. Number one, I'm not sure it'll be hot enough for me to WANT ice cream while in a park (Beaches and Cream is an exception, outside of the parks and we're eating dinner there), and number two, I'm just not sure how I feel about pineapple-flavored ice cream! If we get some nice hot weather though while we'rei n the parks, I might just jump on the Dole Whip bandwagon. ;)

Schoolbread from Norway
Okay, call me crazy, but this just looks delicious to me. I've heard of people who love it and would marry it if they could, and I've heard of people who hated it and thought it was dry. I figure we will try it and split one, in hopes that one of us will enjoy it. I'm a huge fan of coconut and custard so I'm thinking it will be tasty, but we will find out!

ANY cupcake from Starring Rolls and Boardwalk Bakery - Butterfinger has my name on it!
Ummm, this is self-explanatory. I just love cupcakes. We had them at our wedding, though I might be spoiled by having my cupcakes usually from a bakery that is home of Martha Stewart's favorite cupcake (Trophy Cupcakes)... I don't care, I love cupcakes and I will have at least one from Starring Rolls, and probably one from the Boardwalk Bakery!

Jalapeno Cream Cheese Pretzel
We got these last time while we were at Animal Kingdom and loooooved them. They're so tasty, I am definitely going back for another one!

Mickey ice cream bar
It's tradition to have one, I mean, come on. Here's me enjoying mine during our honeymoon. I realized I look like a 5-year old, but who cares?

167105_301920224943_512794943_1172549_3786339_n.jpg

Carrot cake cookie sandwich
THESE LOOK SO GOOD! I think they're at HS, so I'll be looking out for these as I know both Matt and I will love these.

Strawberry Shortcake from Sunshine Seasons
This is like half the reason I'm wanting to eat at Sunshine Seasons. I've seen this one time and time again and am looking forward to eating it!

Funnel Cake in MK
I LOVE FUNNEL CAKE! I haven't had one in forever, I'm totally due and there's no better place to enjoy a funnel cake than at Disney World!

Something from the caramel shop in Germany
I have no idea what I'll get from here but all I know is I'm buying some delicious item and eating it. I <3 anything caramel-related. Suggestions are welcome!

Chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich from Main Street
I have heard that these are no longer a snack credit but I don't care, I'm getting one even if it means paying out of pocket. I looooove chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches. They make life heavenly.

You guys have to realize that by eating healthier, my snacks are not anywhere like this kind of stuff, except for sometimes on the weekends. I will probably make myself sick with all of these amazing snacks, but I'll be on vacation, so I'm SUPER looking forward to enjoying snacks! I keep hearing how wonderful the popcorn is in Disney World, too, so that is also a possibility!

I'm really glad I wrote this post about snacks on our trip, because every single item brought me to a specific spot in Disney World and made me really really happy and excited for our trip. :) I can't wait to be back in one of my favorite places in the world, with my best friend/husband by my side. 50 days left! :) :) :)

I adored the Muppets. I saw it yesterday, and it was so cute. Not enough Beaker though. He's my all-time favorite. :lovestruc

I've been considering getting that book, but I've been scared that it'll just be a bunch of stuff I've read already on the internet. Is it good? Should I go ahead and get it?
I LOVE that phone case! It is beautiful, and I've never used the word "beautiful" to describe a phone case haha! That wrapping paper is adorable too! Did you see the Charlie Brown Christmas wrapping paper at Hallmark?! They have two different patterns and it's so cute. Today when I was there it was buy one roll at $4.99, get the 2nd for 99 cents. They were big rolls too.

On to snacks...
Coconut is icky to me so I'll be skipping the school bread, but I hope you guys like it!

Cupcakes = win. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've heard the Butterfinger is overrated and that the red velvet is the way to go. I want to try that one and the Cappuccino Toffee one that has been spotted at Pizza Planet. Ooh and the Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary is supposed to have good flavors too!

I've heard good things about the jalapeno pretzels too. I like the cinnamon sugar ones. :)

Mickey bar is a must.

Carrot cake cookies from the Writer's Shop look amazing!

I am so excited for Sunshine Seasons' strawberry shortcake too! It always has good reviews.

Funnel cakes and the Karamel Kuche store are also on my list. PirateKate and her husband love the chewy caramel bars there so that's probably what I'll try.

Ice cream sandwiches are also on my list! We have similar sweets tastes. :rotfl:

You should really check out the Disney Food Blog if you haven't already. It's drool-worthy.
I'm looking forward to all of the above plus more that I can't think of right now. If you like pineapple you should try a Dole Whip! So good. :)

OH I want to see the Muppets movie SO BAD! I think it looks so good! :goodvibes I'm hoping we can find time to go see it before we leave!

Sounds like you've been super busy lately! Me too...but I guess that's why time is flying like it is! You're trip will be here before you know it!

I LOVE your iPhone case! I've been looking for a new iPhone case. (disney style) At walmart they have the little green aliens from TS...but it was for a iPod. SO BUMMED!!

LOOOOOOOOVE YOUR WRAPPING PAPER! :goodvibes :santa:

OHHH I want to try schoolbread, a butterfinger cupcake, and a dolewhip AND a Mickey ice cream bar! I'm not sure if I'll like school bread...but I'll give it a try. :confused3

I am really excited another Seattleite is going to be there at the same time as us!

I met someone from Spokane on a WDW bus once, that's as close as I've come to ever encountering ANYONE else from our area. It's funny having to explain that I'm from WA state not DC :rotfl: Happens every trip.

Schoolbread from Norway
Okay, call me crazy, but this just looks delicious to me. I've heard of people who love it and would marry it if they could, and I've heard of people who hated it and thought it was dry. I figure we will try it and split one, in hopes that one of us will enjoy it. I'm a huge fan of coconut and custard so I'm thinking it will be tasty, but we will find out!

ANY cupcake from Starring Rolls and Boardwalk Bakery - Butterfinger has my name on it!
Ummm, this is self-explanatory. I just love cupcakes. We had them at our wedding, though I might be spoiled by having my cupcakes usually from a bakery that is home of Martha Stewart's favorite cupcake (Trophy Cupcakes)... I don't care, I love cupcakes and I will have at least one from Starring Rolls, and probably one from the Boardwalk Bakery!

Jalapeno Cream Cheese Pretzel
We got these last time while we were at Animal Kingdom and loooooved them. They're so tasty, I am definitely going back for another one!

Mickey ice cream bar
It's tradition to have one, I mean, come on. Here's me enjoying mine during our honeymoon. I realized I look like a 5-year old, but who cares?

167105_301920224943_512794943_1172549_3786339_n.jpg

Carrot cake cookie sandwich
THESE LOOK SO GOOD! I think they're at HS, so I'll be looking out for these as I know both Matt and I will love these.

Strawberry Shortcake from Sunshine Seasons
This is like half the reason I'm wanting to eat at Sunshine Seasons. I've seen this one time and time again and am looking forward to eating it!

Funnel Cake in MK
I LOVE FUNNEL CAKE! I haven't had one in forever, I'm totally due and there's no better place to enjoy a funnel cake than at Disney World!

Something from the caramel shop in Germany
I have no idea what I'll get from here but all I know is I'm buying some delicious item and eating it. I <3 anything caramel-related. Suggestions are welcome!

Chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich from Main Street
I have heard that these are no longer a snack credit but I don't care, I'm getting one even if it means paying out of pocket. I looooove chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches. They make life heavenly.

Your snack list looks AMAZINGLY YUMMY!!! I'd have to swap out the pretzel for a rice crispie treat. I don't know what kind of magic Disney works on those delicious blocks of marshmellow goodness, but :lovestruc uh, I think I'm in love. Ooh, ooh! and a frozen choco covered :banana:. I'm getting hungry...

I'm very envious that you have all your dining, even snacks, figured out. That's always the hardest part for me. I've got a list a mile long of all the places I love to eat, places I would like to eat, even the places I want to relax and have a drink. Just can't make up my mind. lol.

Great news! My wait list came through!!! No more split stay between SSR and BWV, we are now entirely at BWV. Now I'm just hoping we get our room request.

Have you stayed at BCV before? If not, you will love it.

Sounds like your birthday was fabulous and I *love* that wrapping paper. Might have to make a target run myself.

BTW, that micky bar pic is way too cute!

I adored the Muppets. I saw it yesterday, and it was so cute. Not enough Beaker though. He's my all-time favorite. :lovestruc

So cute, right?! I LOVE BEAKER! He is my second favorite, only to Fozzie Bear. Have I shown you my Beaker ornament?! We just got it this year at Hallmark! You HAVE to watch the video of it here, it's so cute. We also have ones of Animal and Swedish Chef from previous years!

I've been considering getting that book, but I've been scared that it'll just be a bunch of stuff I've read already on the internet. Is it good? Should I go ahead and get it?

I think it depends! I mean, for example, I didn't know about some of the names and stuff that you can see on Main Street of people who helped create Disney World, or about Walt's office, etc. I'm only like 20 pages in, but there is a LOT I didn't know about. I'm sure there are going to be some things I run across that I already heard about, but so far I'm really enjoying it! You can get it for relatively cheap off of Amazon!

I LOVE that phone case! It is beautiful, and I've never used the word "beautiful" to describe a phone case haha! That wrapping paper is adorable too! Did you see the Charlie Brown Christmas wrapping paper at Hallmark?! They have two different patterns and it's so cute. Today when I was there it was buy one roll at $4.99, get the 2nd for 99 cents. They were big rolls too.

I am so in love with it. :love: The website I got it from has some amazing cases because they're all pieces of original artwork. I just love that it's totally Disney-esque, but not over-the-top in your face.

I saw that wrapping paper! We have two rolls of Charlie Brown paper, but I'm thinking if we need to get more wrapping paper we will go back to Hallmark. They have the best wrapping paper for any occasion!

On to snacks...
Coconut is icky to me so I'll be skipping the school bread, but I hope you guys like it! - I LOVE COCONUT! But I know a lot of people who don't, so I totally get it! I love when people don't like it, especially with boxes of chocolate. I love the coconut-filled ones! :lovestruc

Cupcakes = win. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've heard the Butterfinger is overrated and that the red velvet is the way to go. I want to try that one and the Cappuccino Toffee one that has been spotted at Pizza Planet. Ooh and the Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary is supposed to have good flavors too! - Okay so I have totally heard the same thing about the Butterfinger cupcake, and that the red velvet is amazing. Lucky for me, I LOVE red velvet (it was my birthday cake!), so I'll give it a shot! I'm really excited to try cupcakes from lots of places.

I've heard good things about the jalapeno pretzels too. I like the cinnamon sugar ones. :) - OMG soooo good. Love them! We were getting hungry but didn't want to get lunch at AK so we got the pretzels and they were a perfect snack! Cinnamon sugar sounds delicious, too!

Mickey bar is a must. - Heck yes it is. I can't wait to get mine and eat it while I'm wearing Mickey ears like a 5 year old.

Carrot cake cookies from the Writer's Shop look amazing! - Ah yes the Writer's Shop is the name of the place! TOTALLY going there!

I am so excited for Sunshine Seasons' strawberry shortcake too! It always has good reviews. - I don't think I've ever seen a bad review of it, seriously!

Funnel cakes and the Karamel Kuche store are also on my list. PirateKate and her husband love the chewy caramel bars there so that's probably what I'll try. - Oooooh boy, so excited for that. I might have to do the same thing then!!

Ice cream sandwiches are also on my list! We have similar sweets tastes. :rotfl: - Haha are we twins here? I will probably force Matt to eat part of the sandwich with me, though I've got way more of a sweet tooth than he does. He enjoys more savory types of food!

You should really check out the Disney Food Blog if you haven't already. It's drool-worthy.
I'm looking forward to all of the above plus more that I can't think of right now. If you like pineapple you should try a Dole Whip! So good. :)

Okay I am totally going to that blog! It'll give me more ideas for food items that I might've missed. I do love pineapple, so maybe I will give it a shot... as long as it's not cold out. :lmao:

OH I want to see the Muppets movie SO BAD! I think it looks so good! :goodvibes I'm hoping we can find time to go see it before we leave!

Sounds like you've been super busy lately! Me too...but I guess that's why time is flying like it is! You're trip will be here before you know it!

I LOVE your iPhone case! I've been looking for a new iPhone case. (disney style) At walmart they have the little green aliens from TS...but it was for a iPod. SO BUMMED!!

LOOOOOOOOVE YOUR WRAPPING PAPER! :goodvibes :santa:

OHHH I want to try schoolbread, a butterfinger cupcake, and a dolewhip AND a Mickey ice cream bar! I'm not sure if I'll like school bread...but I'll give it a try. :confused3

You totally have to go see it. It's so so good and made me really excited to see them again when we're in Disney World. I loved it so much! :lovestruc

We have been super busy! But like you said, it makes time go by faster. I just can't believe how close you are to your trip! I get so excited for other people to go, too! Hahaha.

And thank you! I love it, too! It's hard to find a good case. I remember seeing some at the stores in Disney World during our honeymoon but ended up not getting one. Glad I waited because this one is awesome!!

That's how I feel about schoolbread; it LOOKS delicious, but I'm also aware that I might totally hate it. I think Matt will like it though, so I figure our first go-round with it we'll just split one and hope that one of us likes it! If not, no sweat, we just won't get any again. :laughing:

I met someone from Spokane on a WDW bus once, that's as close as I've come to ever encountering ANYONE else from our area. It's funny having to explain that I'm from WA state not DC :rotfl: Happens every trip.

Your snack list looks AMAZINGLY YUMMY!!! I'd have to swap out the pretzel for a rice crispie treat. I don't know what kind of magic Disney works on those delicious blocks of marshmellow goodness, but :lovestruc uh, I think I'm in love. Ooh, ooh! and a frozen choco covered :banana:. I'm getting hungry...

I'm very envious that you have all your dining, even snacks, figured out. That's always the hardest part for me. I've got a list a mile long of all the places I love to eat, places I would like to eat, even the places I want to relax and have a drink. Just can't make up my mind. lol.

Great news! My wait list came through!!! No more split stay between SSR and BWV, we are now entirely at BWV. Now I'm just hoping we get our room request.

Have you stayed at BCV before? If not, you will love it.

Sounds like your birthday was fabulous and I *love* that wrapping paper. Might have to make a target run myself.

BTW, that micky bar pic is way too cute!

I don't think we ran into anyone on our last trip from Seattle! But whenever you tell people you're from Washington, they definitely assume DC when on the east coast. :lmao: Welp since we have a 10-day trip, and 10 days of snacks.. I am most DEFINITELY getting a rice krispie treat! They are so good there! Literally as I made this list, I was like, "Why am I torturing myself right now with this?!" :rotfl:

We have our ADRs set in stone, and I definitely have places I want to go to for CS/snacks, but honestly we're so flexible that I would not be surprised if we end up eating at wayyyy different places. That's just kind of how we roll. Last time we ended up switching reservations, too, so it'll be interesting to see where we end up!

That is SO exciting about BWV! We originally had our 10 days there, but then got switched to BCV. I still would love to check out BWV at some point! I have never stayed at BCV, so I am REALLY excited about it. I just hope we have a littler nice weather so we can do some swimming.

My birthday was seriously amazing. My husband did everything he could to make it a great experience as a whole. I'm a pretty lucky lady. :love: AND YES GO TO TARGET! The wrapping paper is adorable and pretty sturdy!

So cute, right?! I LOVE BEAKER! He is my second favorite, only to Fozzie Bear. Have I shown you my Beaker ornament?! We just got it this year at Hallmark! You HAVE to watch the video of it here, it's so cute. We also have ones of Animal and Swedish Chef from previous years!
OH MY GOODNESS! I must get that immediately! Thanks for showing me, that's so awesome. I'm hoping to find some good Beaker stuff at the Muppet store in HS.

I think it depends! I mean, for example, I didn't know about some of the names and stuff that you can see on Main Street of people who helped create Disney World, or about Walt's office, etc. I'm only like 20 pages in, but there is a LOT I didn't know about. I'm sure there are going to be some things I run across that I already heard about, but so far I'm really enjoying it! You can get it for relatively cheap off of Amazon!
I think I'll probably get it soon, or ask for it for Christmas from someone. :)
I am so in love with it. :love: The website I got it from has some amazing cases because they're all pieces of original artwork. I just love that it's totally Disney-esque, but not over-the-top in your face.

I saw that wrapping paper! We have two rolls of Charlie Brown paper, but I'm thinking if we need to get more wrapping paper we will go back to Hallmark. They have the best wrapping paper for any occasion!
Would you mind sharing the site? You can email it to me or post it here. I'd love to see what all they have. Don't need a new case though. :laughing:

Okay I am totally going to that blog! It'll give me more ideas for food items that I might've missed. I do love pineapple, so maybe I will give it a shot... as long as it's not cold out. :lmao:

It is the best blog! We really are food twins!

OH MY GOODNESS! I must get that immediately! Thanks for showing me, that's so awesome. I'm hoping to find some good Beaker stuff at the Muppet store in HS.

Yes, yes you do! It's totally cute. I am hoping to find some great stuff at the Muppet store as well!

I think I'll probably get it soon, or ask for it for Christmas from someone. :)

You should. I think we're going to bring it with us on the trip so we can look through it when we're relaxing in our room. Kind of a fun way to get ready for whatever park we're heading to next!

Would you mind sharing the site? You can email it to me or post it here. I'd love to see what all they have. Don't need a new case though. :laughing:

Oh dur, I thought I'd posted it. :laughing: It's society6.com... They have TONS of cases you can go through. This one popped up as one of the more popular cases!

It is the best blog! We really are food twins!

Um thanks to this blog, I now know that a S'mores cupcake exists at Boardwalk and it looks AMAZING! My absolute favorite cupcake here in Seattle is a S'mores cupcake, soooo I'm pretty stoked about it! Thank you for posting a link to that blog!

I saw the post about the S'Mores cupcake at BW! I think I'll probably try to walk over there sometime when we are in Epcot!

Thanks for the link, I'm about to go look at cases now. :)

Just posting to let you all know that yes, I am still alive. :lmao: My mom was visiting and stayed with us at our house, so that kept me really busy since last Friday. We took her down to this awesome thing that a zoo down in Tacoma does called Zoolights, where they light up the entire zoo with Christmas lights and you walk around. It's absolutely beautiful! :lovestruc

A few photos from our walk through Zoolights (I took them on my iPhone so they're not AMAZING, but you get the picture :laughing:):

381215_2799477424605_1188618150_33292048_256588303_n.jpg

389796_410224889943_512794943_1478054_970074913_n.jpg

374829_410221309943_512794943_1478023_1103419511_n.jpg

386488_410224169943_512794943_1478046_1107457847_n.jpg

378879_410221179943_512794943_1478022_554309277_n.jpg

Other than that, we did a lot of Christmas movie/special-watching, did some shopping, and relaxed! It's always nice to see my family since they all live in Boston, so I don't usually get to see them more than once or twice a year.

We're only 43 days away from our trip, which is just totally unreal to me. Matt keeps bringing up how once we hit Christmas, we'll be 25 days away from our Disney World trip. It's like we have a 25 days til Christmas.. and then 25 day countdown til our trip!

I can't even begin to think about how excited I am for our trip. I've been really focused on Christmas, so when we do think about our trip, it's so much closer because our focus is elsewhere. Time goes by way quicker when you're not constantly thinking about your trip. :rotfl:

I've seen a few friends post photos on Facebook while they're in Disney World and I get jealous then remind myself that I'll be there really soon, enjoying the parks and being back in my favorite place.

Funny enough, I found out my manager here at work is ALSO going to be going to Disney World... at the same time I'll be there! :scared1: She will only be there for our final weekend, but I thought it was hysterical she was going to be there at the same time I am, considering we're out here in Seattle and she's never been to Disney World. I guess her sister has a conference there and they have a friend who works for WDW, so free tickets means they'll be hanging out in the parks in their free time. I think we'll make an effort to meet up with them for a bit depending on their schedule/our schedule, since I actually don't mind my manager. She and I are the same age and have certain similar interests, so I don't mind showing them around a park for a bit or going on a few rides with them...

Outside of that though, I'm kind of hoping it's just a quick hang out at a park or getting food, and then going our separate ways. I find doing Disney with more people is when things get... well, strained. :upsidedow We were invited on a big family trip with my in-laws and SIL and niece but opted out for a trip on our own, mainly because we didn't want to be dragged around and forced to do things that we didn't want to do. They sometimes have a hard time of letting people do their own things vs. making everyone stick together, which just isn't my cup of tea. I mean, if we're paying good money for our trip, I want to be able to enjoy my vacation instead of being stressed out and not doing it the way Matt and I like to do things, right? :confused3 Maybe I sound mean but I just want to enjoy my time in Disney World! So yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens with my manager while we're there, but I thought it was pretty amusing. Guess I can't get away from work afterall! :laughing:

I've gotta cut this off since work just got interesting, but hopefully I'll be back soon with another update! Things are kind of slowing down since we're just at a countdown phase, but I'm sure I'll find fun things to post about as we get closer and closer. :cloud9:

Zoolights looks so pretty! I was wondering where you had disappeared to, in fact I just sent you an email before I saw you had updated. :)
I cannot believe our countdowns are getting so small! 44 days for us.
I can't believe your manager is going to be there the same time as you. :rotfl:

Zoolights looks so pretty! I was wondering where you had disappeared to, in fact I just sent you an email before I saw you had updated. :)
I cannot believe our countdowns are getting so small! 44 days for us.
I can't believe your manager is going to be there the same time as you. :rotfl:

It was beautiful! Ugh yeah, I have been soooo busy, just no time to sit and write, and work was slow, but now it is totally insane. Goooo figure, though I think after tomorrow it will relax again which is nice. I saw your email but then saw your reply here so I figured I'd just reply here, haha. :)

I can't believe how close we are either. It's unbelievable and sooo exciting. I can't wait to get on our flight and prepare for a wonderful vacation!

And yeah, how funny is that? I'm sure it'll be fine but it is just hilarious.. She asked me what dates we would be there and then suddenly was like, "OMG we will be there that second weekend!" I think my eyes nearly popped out of my head. Hahaha, but I don't mind. Disney World is big enough, plus again, I'm sure it would be kind of fun to show her some of the attractions and stuff. At that pint we'll have been on everything we wanted so it'll be the more relaxed part of our trip. :thumbsup2

Glad I'm not the only one who's been busy! I hadn't checked in for a while, and was looking for an update ;) Time has been flying by... 42 more days until we leave and I don't even have any ADR's :scared1:

Loved Society6.com. I ordered a hoodie, "her daily motivation". Totally sums me up.

Isn't ZooLights so pretty?!?!? I have not been in years, but absolutely love it. Maybe and idea for this weekend... Another Seattle thing I love are the christmas ships on lake washigton :love:. Oh memories. Sounds like you had a great visit w/ your mom. Too bad it's been so cold here... but the sun is SHINING!

You will absolutley love BCV. It's smaller so you don't have to walk forever and a day to get to your room. There's a really good size quiet pool, but you also have storm along bay!!! We lucked out the last two times staying at BWV where the main pool was being refurbished so we were able to hop over to SAB. Hate that scary clown. I also love Cape May for Bfast. I just love the entire Epcot resort area.

Gotta go!

Zoolights looks so awesome. I wish there was something around here like that, it would be fun.

I don't blame you AT ALL for wanting your vacation to go the way you want. I don't like vacationing with other people for that very reason. It doesn't feel like a vacation when your worrying about your inlaws/family/whoever. :thumbsup2

Glad I'm not the only one who's been busy! I hadn't checked in for a while, and was looking for an update ;) Time has been flying by... 42 more days until we leave and I don't even have any ADR's :scared1:

Loved Society6.com. I ordered a hoodie, "her daily motivation". Totally sums me up.

Isn't ZooLights so pretty?!?!? I have not been in years, but absolutely love it. Maybe and idea for this weekend... Another Seattle thing I love are the christmas ships on lake washigton :love:. Oh memories. Sounds like you had a great visit w/ your mom. Too bad it's been so cold here... but the sun is SHINING!

You will absolutley love BCV. It's smaller so you don't have to walk forever and a day to get to your room. There's a really good size quiet pool, but you also have storm along bay!!! We lucked out the last two times staying at BWV where the main pool was being refurbished so we were able to hop over to SAB. Hate that scary clown. I also love Cape May for Bfast. I just love the entire Epcot resort area.

Gotta go!

Ugh yes, totally busy! I'm just looking at it as a good thing because it's really making time go by soooo fast and I'm loving that! You don't have ADRs?! Haha, I would be freaking out just a little bit... though honestly I don't think you'll have a problem due to the time of year we're going. Last trip we made some last minute ADRs and got in every place we wanted, outside of a few of the more popular choices like Le Cellier.

That's awesome that you ordered a hoodie from there! I get so many compliments on my iPhone cover, so I'm really happy I got it for my birthday. :)

You should totally do Zoolights this weekend, just make sure you get there early! We arrived around a half hour early and that worked out really well for us, because by the time we left it was getting really insane in terms of the traffic leading up to the parking lot. I LOVE those Christmas ships! They're so pretty. :love:

I'm super super excited for BCV. I am hoping the weather is warm enough for at least one day of swimming at SAB. We're pretty okay with coldish weather and jumping in the pools, but if it's in the 30s-40s, I'm not going in, haha. I'm also just really happy about the location, too! I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time in Epcot in our free time. We're doing Cape May but for dinner since we love seafood, but I'm really excited for it! CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS TRIP! (Have I mentioned that already? :rotfl:)

Zoolights looks so awesome. I wish there was something around here like that, it would be fun.

I don't blame you AT ALL for wanting your vacation to go the way you want. I don't like vacationing with other people for that very reason. It doesn't feel like a vacation when your worrying about your inlaws/family/whoever. :thumbsup2

Okay I am so glad you posted because I've been wondering where you've been! I started to get a little worried over here, haha. Hope everything is going well. :hug:

Zoolights is fabulous! We are also going to head over to this upscale mall to see something called Snowflake Lane, where they make it snow and there's a little celebration every night at 7 for it. I lovelovelove Christmas lights. We also have a tradition of walking around downtown Seattle with all the lights and the star up with our friends. I think this will be our 4th year doing it. It's funny now that I work in downtown Seattle, I get to walk through all the lights every night on my walk to the train, but I don't mind doing it on the weekend, too! :)

And THANK YOU for understanding where I'm coming from with the whole vacationing with others thing. I felt kind of mean saying it, and felt somewhat bad about telling my in-laws that we were going to pass on the "family" trip, so we could have our own trip, but at the same time, I know exactly how the family trip would turn out and I'm pretty sure it would end on a really bad note with people getting angry at each other. I just like having the freedom to do things how Matt and I want and I know that wouldn't be possible on that trip. Maybe one day we can do a family trip, but there'd have to be some serious ground rules set in stone before I attempted that. :laughing:

Okay I am so glad you posted because I've been wondering where you've been! I started to get a little worried over here, haha. Hope everything is going well. :hug:

Zoolights is fabulous! We are also going to head over to this upscale mall to see something called Snowflake Lane, where they make it snow and there's a little celebration every night at 7 for it. I lovelovelove Christmas lights. We also have a tradition of walking around downtown Seattle with all the lights and the star up with our friends. I think this will be our 4th year doing it. It's funny now that I work in downtown Seattle, I get to walk through all the lights every night on my walk to the train, but I don't mind doing it on the weekend, too! :)

And THANK YOU for understanding where I'm coming from with the whole vacationing with others thing. I felt kind of mean saying it, and felt somewhat bad about telling my in-laws that we were going to pass on the "family" trip, so we could have our own trip, but at the same time, I know exactly how the family trip would turn out and I'm pretty sure it would end on a really bad note with people getting angry at each other. I just like having the freedom to do things how Matt and I want and I know that wouldn't be possible on that trip. Maybe one day we can do a family trip, but there'd have to be some serious ground rules set in stone before I attempted that. :laughing:

I'm still here! I've been so busy getting ready for Christmas and what not that I haven't had time to post much or update my PTR but I actually have something to update this weekend! Yayaya!

Our tradition is to go drive around and look at Christmas lights. It's something that I did growing up with my family and now Marc & I do it together. It's one of my favorite things of the season. I need to look into if there are places to walk around for lights in our area.

Don't feel mean, you work hard to pay for your vacations and it should be something that you enjoy. I have a feeling I will be attempting family vacations in the future, especially with Violet coming to be and it's going to be very hard but I agree, GROUND RULES are important! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter