Seattle Goobers' January '12 Trip! UPDATE 1/30: The TR has begun! :)

Happy Monday everyone! :rotfl2: Aren't Mondays just your favorite? Sure aren't mine, but that's okay. I was talking to Matt this morning about how even though it's Monday and another loooong week ahead of us, we have some short weeks coming up, and between Thanksgiving, Black Friday, my birthday (woohoo! :yay:), decorating for Christmas, enjoying the Christmas season, Christmas, New Year's, and of COURSE, Disney World... We've got so much to look forward to for the next 2 months that I could explode from happiness! Looking at things that way makes it way way easier to get through each work day, seriously! :thumbsup2

That being said, we had a great weekend. It involved buying a new Keurig machine, which was long overdue. I've always wanted one, especially after working as a barista where we sold Keurigs and I knew how magical they are. It took awhile to convince Matt, but he ended up being the one pushing us buying one! We got a great deal at Costco and have been enjoying the heck out of our coffee ever since.

We also had a birthday party gathering for my MIL and SIL, and enjoyed my MIL's amazing homemade chocolate cake, playing board games (Pit and Ticket to Ride, in which me and my niece won, and she fell in love with that game), and just having a nice evening together.

After everyone left, we continued our Harry Potter marathon, working on watching #2 (we'd watched the first one Friday night). We've seen all of them, but LOVE having marathons at this time of year, and now that all of the movies are out on DVD, we're doing an 8-movie marathon. Sunday was our lazy day, in which we literally spent all day watching Harry Potter, cruising through movies 3, 4, and 5. Tonight we are watching 6, and later this week 7, parts one and two. At the latest, we'll be done this weekend. Matt and I love Harry Potter a whole lot. :)

Anyway, that was my weekend in a nutshell. Also did some fun shopping for Christmas, as we're trying to get it all done early this year. Less stress is nice!

I thought I'd use this update to talk about the top places I want to do CS meals at! After reading other people's TRs and experiences at all sorts of CS restaurants, I think I've gotten my top one for each park down, though we'll obviously be eating more than just these few places.

Magic Kingdom
Last trip I know we went to Pecos Bill's a few times and we enjoyed it both times. The seating situation could be kind of a pain in the butt though. My main pick for this trip will be the Columbia Harbor House. I've seen the food they offer and it looks delicious! RIGHT behind CHH is Cosmic Rays. We had food there and really really enjoyed it, so I'm sure we'll be making our way there at least once during out trip.

Epcot
I've read it time and time again. Sunshine Seasons is where it is AT! We didn't eat here last time but I keep reading people's experiences there and it seems to be generally positive. That and oh man, that strawberry shortcake-looking dessert just looks too good to not try! I also muuust go back to the Mexico CS, which I can't remember the name of off the top of my head. Seating can be a pain in the butt during lunch sometimes, but I thoroughly enjoyed the nachos we had. They were kind of ginormous, so we might have to split that for lunch this time.

Hollywood Studios
Okay, this place has the least amount of good choices for CS. Last trip I remember going to the CS place right near RnRC and ToT and really enjoying my burger there. There was plenty of seating during the evening and I'm pretty sure we ate there twice. I'm sure we'll eat there again, but I have my eyes set on Starring Rolls this trip. Why? The sandwiches sound pretty tasty, but I'm REALLY there for the cupcakes! They. look. AMAZING. So yes, we will be having a lunch CS there (though I know you have to get there early for more choices).

Animal Kingdom
Another place where there aren't a TON of CS options, but last time we only ate in this park once and it was at Pizzafari. The pizza is pretty okay, Matt doesn't like it much, but I don't mind getting it once or twice. If we end up doing a CS here at all, which we probably won't, I'm thinking the Yak and Yeti CS sounds like a good option. That honey glazed chicken looks really tasty! If we don't have lunch at AK, I can tell you one thing I am 100% getting again: The jalapeno cream cheese pretzel! SO GOOD, we both really loved it last trip.

Downtown Disney
We've never eaten a CS meal here but I know exactly where I'm going for some sweet CS food! Earl of Sandwich. This is one of those places I have never heard anything bad about... Nothing but sweet, sweet whisperings of how delicious their sandwiches are. Between reading about people's love affair with their sandwiches and seeing some photos, I MUST eat here! No interest really in Wolfgang Puck's Express, as we have one of those here in Seattle, so EoS it is... And I cannot wait!

Okay, so, there you have it. My top CS choices for our trip in the 4 parks and DTD. I'm thinking next update will be the snacks I'm most looking forward to. Though we've stayed true to eating healthier, we made a deal that vacations are off-limits and we're allowed to eat what we want. I have a feeling though, in comparison to last trip, that with the amount of weight we've both dropped and eating smaller portions in general, we'll be splitting some of these CS meals this trip. :thumbsup2

Feel free to post about your favorite CS meals. I want to know what I should be looking out for at all the different restaurants! :)

I'm glad you got the time to update. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend.
I really want a Keurig, but I think I'm going to wait until our current coffee maker bites the dust.

MK - I am so excited to eat at CHH too. I want clam chowder and the shrimp! Make sure you go upstairs to eat. :) I love Cosmic Ray's too, and I also enjoy stopping by Casey's. I have read so much about the mini corn dog nuggets at Casey's that I have to have some! We have eaten at Pinocchio's Village Haus many times, but it's been several years since my last visit.

Epcot- I am most looking forward to Sunshine Seasons as well. That strawberry shortcake is calling my name! I remember eating there in the 90's a lot with my family. As far as WS goes, I'm with you on the Mexico CS! Yum! I also like to get fish and chips in England. I've been to the CS in Japan and it was good, but that was probably 5 years ago so who knows how it is now.

HS- So everyone says HS stinks as far as counter service. The places down near ToT and RnRC are Fairfax Fare, Catalina Eddie's and Rosie's. I like them. Starring Rolls looks yummy, but I'm more interested in the sweets than the food! I personally like Pizza Planet, but that's just because of the Toy Story theme and the nostalgia. Disney pizza is the same in all four parks. :rotfl:
If you want a quicker meal at DHS with better food you should go to the lounge/bar attached to 50's Prime Time. They serve the whole restaurant menu at the bar and you don't have to worry about a reservation.

AK- Flame Tree BBQ!! I am so excited to go there, and I've heard nothing but great reviews. We will probably only visit AK once, so this is my top pick. If we eat more than one meal there we might try Yak & Yeti CS.

Whew! Sorry I rambled on so much! I love talking Disney food though! Can't wait for your favorite snacks update.

I'm glad you got the time to update. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend.
I really want a Keurig, but I think I'm going to wait until our current coffee maker bites the dust.

MK - I am so excited to eat at CHH too. I want clam chowder and the shrimp! Make sure you go upstairs to eat. :) I love Cosmic Ray's too, and I also enjoy stopping by Casey's. I have read so much about the mini corn dog nuggets at Casey's that I have to have some! We have eaten at Pinocchio's Village Haus many times, but it's been several years since my last visit.

Epcot- I am most looking forward to Sunshine Seasons as well. That strawberry shortcake is calling my name! I remember eating there in the 90's a lot with my family. As far as WS goes, I'm with you on the Mexico CS! Yum! I also like to get fish and chips in England. I've been to the CS in Japan and it was good, but that was probably 5 years ago so who knows how it is now.

HS- So everyone says HS stinks as far as counter service. The places down near ToT and RnRC are Fairfax Fare, Catalina Eddie's and Rosie's. I like them. Starring Rolls looks yummy, but I'm more interested in the sweets than the food! I personally like Pizza Planet, but that's just because of the Toy Story theme and the nostalgia. Disney pizza is the same in all four parks. :rotfl:
If you want a quicker meal at DHS with better food you should go to the lounge/bar attached to 50's Prime Time. They serve the whole restaurant menu at the bar and you don't have to worry about a reservation.

AK- Flame Tree BBQ!! I am so excited to go there, and I've heard nothing but great reviews. We will probably only visit AK once, so this is my top pick. If we eat more than one meal there we might try Yak & Yeti CS.

Whew! Sorry I rambled on so much! I love talking Disney food though! Can't wait for your favorite snacks update.

The Keurig is awesome! We were using a french press but I didn't use it much and our other coffee breaker broker, so we went with a Keurig and now we both use it a lot. :thumbsup2

I've been hearing how the upstairs is a great spot to eat at CHH. I definitely am looking for some clam chowder! Their food always looks so tasty there, so I'm really excited to try it. I loved the chicken nuggets we had at Cosmic Ray's, plus I like having lots of options, so we will definitely return there. I've never been to Casey's but mmm, I do love corn dogs!

I'm excited for Sunshine Seasons! Their desserts look soooo good. I might have to try out the fish 'n chips in England, though I usually get fish 'n chips when we go to Raglan Road, so we will see! I love how there are so many choices in Epcot, you can pretty much find anything depending on what you're in the mood for.

HS, yeah, I think the name of the place we went was some Ranch Market? I cannot remember for the life of me. All I know is I had a burger with onions on it and it was surprisingly good. That and it wasn't insanely busy which was nice. I seem to remember sitting across the way from where Beauty and the Beast is done. I've heard about the sweets at Starring Rolls to be amazing, but someone said the sandwiches were tasty, too! One way or another, I am getting a cupcake from there! :lmao:

I forgot about Flame Tree! We might go there this time if we eat in AK. Matt enjoys BBQ, as do I, and I feel like I heard it has a great view of Expedition Everest if you can find the right spot.

Please, ramble away! I love having discussions with people and hearing opinions. Makes me feel like my updates are totally worth it and are actually being read. :) I can't wait for snacks either; I've got a decent list of things I want to try while we're there! :rotfl:

Please, ramble away! I love having discussions with people and hearing opinions. Makes me feel like my updates are totally worth it and are actually being read. :) I can't wait for snacks either; I've got a decent list of things I want to try while we're there! :rotfl:

You're really opening yourself up for Rachel's rambling overload. Haha! :rotfl: Between this and emails, I might write you a whole novel! :surfweb:
I think I could go a couple days and just eat snacks with no real meals.

You're really opening yourself up for Rachel's rambling overload. Haha! :rotfl: Between this and emails, I might write you a whole novel! :surfweb:
I think I could go a couple days and just eat snacks with no real meals.

Haha oh noes what have I dooooone? :lmao: It's at least good reading! And I agree, snacks could be lived off of for days. Nomnom.

I'm also adding an mini edit/update because I'm mad at myself for forgetting to mention Downtown Disney! That is home to the CS I've been most looking forward to! :lovestruc

Earl of Sandwich is amazing. My fiance went to school in Orlando for 6 months last year, and when I went to visit him this past January his friends kept telling him we had to go eat at this great place.....called the "Duke of Burger". :rotfl: DF was like, "Yeah, Nate said we need to go eat at this sandwich place called Duke of Burgers near Disney". Needless to say when Nate told us it was in DTD I wanted to slap them both because I knew Nate was thinking of EOS.
Anyways, we went to DTD and both had amazing sandwiches. Then I had to drag him out of the Lego store and he then rushed me through WOD. The end!

Earl of Sandwich is amazing. My fiance went to school in Orlando for 6 months last year, and when I went to visit him this past January his friends kept telling him we had to go eat at this great place.....called the "Duke of Burger". :rotfl: DF was like, "Yeah, Nate said we need to go eat at this sandwich place called Duke of Burgers near Disney". Needless to say when Nate told us it was in DTD I wanted to slap them both because I knew Nate was thinking of EOS.
Anyways, we went to DTD and both had amazing sandwiches. Then I had to drag him out of the Lego store and he then rushed me through WOD. The end!

Duke of Burger?! :rotfl: :lmao: That literally made me laugh out loud. Too funny, I could see "Duke of Sandwich" but Burger? I can't WAIT to try a sandwich from there though! Also, Matt and I spend way too much time looking at the Lego store AND World of Disney! I love shopping at DTD, there's so much good stuff down there! :love:

You are torturing this pregnant lady with food talk! :laughing:

Magic Kingdom: My favorite hands down is Casey's Corner because of three little yet delicious words. Corn Dog Nuggets! YUM!. They are seriously the best. Yum Yum YUM!

Epcot: I'm going to go with Sunshine Seasons here. There is such a good variety and the strawberry shortcake is DELICIOUS.

DHS: I don't know if I have a favorite to be honest. We don't really eat CS here, we usually eat lunch at Brown Derby.

Animal Kingdom: Flametree BBQ. Have you been there yet? Really yummy and worth a shot if you don't have a favorite AK CS place yet.

Downtown Disney: Wolfgang Puck's. We love all the different variety they offer. We have been to Earl of Sandwich but we can't always eat bread with our lapbands so we haven't been back.

I know that I'm a little late, but I'm subscribing too! I'll be at WDW with my daughter and daughter-in-law in January also!! :cool1: I just booked everything last week, so I'm just starting to plan!!

I'm enjoying reading your ptr. Thanks for sharing!

You are torturing this pregnant lady with food talk! :laughing:

Magic Kingdom: My favorite hands down is Casey's Corner because of three little yet delicious words. Corn Dog Nuggets! YUM!. They are seriously the best. Yum Yum YUM!

Epcot: I'm going to go with Sunshine Seasons here. There is such a good variety and the strawberry shortcake is DELICIOUS.

DHS: I don't know if I have a favorite to be honest. We don't really eat CS here, we usually eat lunch at Brown Derby.

Animal Kingdom: Flametree BBQ. Have you been there yet? Really yummy and worth a shot if you don't have a favorite AK CS place yet.

Downtown Disney: Wolfgang Puck's. We love all the different variety they offer. We have been to Earl of Sandwich but we can't always eat bread with our lapbands so we haven't been back.

Okay, I'm feeling kind of cruel over here. It's like I'm taunting you with this delicious food! :lmao: Honestly it's kind of like torturing myself! We've been eating so healthy and having all of this food on our vacation is just killin' me. I have had a burger in forever, so I totally plan on getting one when we go.

These corn dog nuggets are kind of intriguing me now! I love corn dogs, so I'm thinking we maaaay have to make a trip to Casey's. ;)

I'm really excited for Sunshine Seasons. Totally getting that strawberry shortcake and am totally taking photos, haha.

DHS is such a weird place for food! We did enjoy our burgers we had there though, so I wouldn't mind going back there, and also have to try at least a cupcake from Starring Rolls!

Flametree does sound really tasty! I'm thinking if we are in AK and want lunch, we might go there. My only problem with Yak and Yeti is that I have to be in the mood for that kind of food. Though I suppose the same could be said about Flametree... so we'll see where we end up! I don't have my heart too set on any CS restaurant there, to be honest.

DTD, yeah I can totally see why WPE would be a big hit! We have one not even a block or two away from where I work so it wouldn't be a big change. I have been dying to try EoS! I love a good sandwich. That's a bummer about not being able to eat the bread, but at least you have plenty of other TASTY options! :thumbsup2

I know that I'm a little late, but I'm subscribing too! I'll be at WDW with my daughter and daughter-in-law in January also!! :cool1: I just booked everything last week, so I'm just starting to plan!!

I'm enjoying reading your ptr. Thanks for sharing!

No, come on and join my fun! I get super happy when I have a new reader, so I am really thrilled you commented! :yay:

Are you going the same weeks as us?! Have you ever been in January before? It's so so awesome. And planning is part of all the fun! Thanks again for commenting, I really love new readers. :)

After getting an e-mail from my e-mail pen-pal, okw19 from the DIS, she mentioned updating my thread and I sat there and thought... Man, every time I've considered writing here, I have to remind myself that I'm not 100% sure everyone wants to hear me talk about things that aren't trip-related! :lmao: But then I remembered that I totally enjoy reading people's PTRs full of not-necessarily-related topics, so what the heck. I do know I promised an awesome post about the snacks I'm most looking forward to, so be on the lookout for that this weekend.

Not too much has changed on the trip front though. I made a change to our ADR at Cape May, pushing it from 5pm to 6:25pm. I realized that we're planning on going to AK in the morning and then doing HS in the afternoon, and I really don't want to have to rush out of the park to make sure we're at our 5pm ADR. Plus, our plans for after dinner are either EMH at Epcot (open til midnight) or going to DTD, so doing a later dinner is really no big deal.

We are literally only 2 days from being 2 months out now! 2 months from tomorrow night, we'll be getting on a plane and flying to WDW overnight. I can't even believe how close it is. It doesn't feel real.

While we are absolutely THRILLED for our vacation, we've been really focused on planning for the holidays. It's both our favorite time of year, so we don't want to completely overshadow our favorite time of year with our trip. I know Matt really wants to enjoy focusing on the holidays, and in addition to our trip being pretty much completely planned out and nothing else to worry about, things have just been kind of quiet on that front.

I did order some really awesome Kermit pajama bottoms aaaand I may or may not have ordered adult pajamas with footies that have Mickey Mouse all over them. :laughing: Okay don't make fun of me but I really wanted to have some awesome pajamas for Christmas morning (it's a tradition that we wear new PJs for Christmas morning) and the only ones left in my size happened to be the ones with Mickey all of them. I guess it was meant to be! :lovestruc Anyway, they should be here in a few days, so as long as they fit I will totally show them off. I'm a total child sometimes; I just couldn't say no to footie pajamas.

Our weekends are booked pretty solid nearly up to our vacation; it's amazing how quickly the holidays just take over our weekends (not that we mind one bit). This weekend is one of the few that we don't have any plans for any friends, so we're planning to watch Harry Potter 7, part one on Friday night.

Saturday is going to be the usual trip to our favorite breakfast spot, then if the passes are open (they've been hit really hard with snow this week), we're going to try to go up to Snoqualmie Pass with our dogs and let them play in the snow! If the pass is closed or the roads are a mess, we're going to just run some errands, including a trip to PetSmart to shop for Christmas stuff for our dogs. Theeen hang out at home, watch Harry Potter 7, part two, and play some video games (yes, we both love video games)...

Okay, we really really love our dogs; they're like our children. So every Christmas, we have "Puppy Christmas" and tell the dogs (I talk to my dogs all the time, I'm a weirdo, I know) that Santa Paws is coming for them. Then the night before, one of us sets up all of their toys and treats under the tree, and the next morning we let the pups run down the stairs and see all their gifts. Last year Matt waited downstairs to video tape it while I let them out of our bedroom. We figured they would just run past the toys so they could go outside. They ran down the stairs, and it seriously was like seeing two kids just stop to look at all of their gifts! SO CUTE. :cutie:

They were SO excited for their new toys and treats. Milo started squeaking this huge stuffed animal dog that had to be twice his size. We had to pull them away to get them outside, but it was seriously super cute. So we're doing it again, of course. Is it totally weird that I'm actually EXCITED to get gifts for our dogs?! :rotfl: Haha, if we get this excited about getting our dogs gifts, I can't even imagine how we'll be when we have kids. I can't wait. :)

Speaking of which, does anyone know of where you can get fun stuff at Disney World for your dogs? All we could find last trip were maybe 3 items to bring home for our dogs... The choices were seriously lacking and it was kind of sad (this was at World of Disney). If I totally missed it someone please let me know because I would LOVE to bring home some better toys/gifts for the doggies this time. All we had last time was a bandana for our big dog (which was pretty cute, I have to admit) and some hard plastic toys for Milo that he totally hated... and I think my in-laws' dog ended up destroying all of the toys anyway. Ohhhh Goldendoodles! :rotfl:

Okay, I'm done rambling, but look out for another update this weekend, probably Sunday!

I'm glad you took my advice. ;)
I can't wait to see your pajamas, I'm totally jealous! I want footie pjs.
I think it's adorable that you have doggy Christmas, and it means that your future children will be spoiled rotten! :) Which is a good thing as long as they're appreciative.
I have no idea where to get doggy stuff. :( Hopefully someone else will know.

Aww Santa Paws! Too cute! :goodvibes :santa: My DBF's dog loves to open his Christmas presents! Its so much fun to watch! :rotfl: I never really thought about it before...but yeah, I love when he gets to open his gifts! Pets are very much family in both of our families. When we go to his grandparents for a holiday everyone brings there dogs! :rotfl2: I guess its a little crazy.

I'm glad you took my advice. ;)
I can't wait to see your pajamas, I'm totally jealous! I want footie pjs.
I think it's adorable that you have doggy Christmas, and it means that your future children will be spoiled rotten! :) Which is a good thing as long as they're appreciative.
I have no idea where to get doggy stuff. :( Hopefully someone else will know.

Haha, I'm glad you told me to write! I sometimes forget about other fun things to write about.... I am really excited about the pajamas, too.. I hope they fit me well enough to show off! Footsie pajamas were always the best.

We love puppy Christmas, and I think our children will be happy with their presents. However Matt and I have discussed that while it's okay to get them gifts, etc., we also don't want them to be so spoiled that they end up expecting things versus being thankful for them. I've seen it first-hand in our family of kids being spoiled and I refuse to let our kids end up being that way. They need to learn to appreciate gifts.

I'm hoping someone knows, though I have a feeling there isn't a whole lot for dogs. :(

Aww Santa Paws! Too cute! :goodvibes :santa: My DBF's dog loves to open his Christmas presents! Its so much fun to watch! :rotfl: I never really thought about it before...but yeah, I love when he gets to open his gifts! Pets are very much family in both of our families. When we go to his grandparents for a holiday everyone brings there dogs! :rotfl2: I guess its a little crazy.

Haha, whenever we go to Matt's parents' house for holidays, there are always a LOT of dogs! In fact, in total there are 9 dogs amongst the families. We just had a birthday celebration at our house and we had 5 dogs total (one of which hasn't been neutered yet, but don't even get me started on that because it's a frustrating situation and I'm not a fan of that dog due to his constant humping, ugh :headache:).. Needless to say we are not allowing all of those dogs over at the same time. The one that hasn't been neutered tends to cause an absolute ruckus and peed twice in our house. Never again. :sad2:

But we do love our doggies! I think I will post the video from puppy Christmas this year so you can see it. :thumbsup2

Just checking in to let people know that I haven't forgotten about the PTR! Things have been a bit hectic lately between work, family stuff, and then of course Thanksgiving and my birthday coming up! I am hoping I'll have some time tonight to write an update, as I'd like to get something in before the craziness of getting ready for Thanksgiving/my birthday celebration, etc. :)

Okay, it's a little bit quieter here today at work (YAY!), so I have some time for an update on how things are going over here. :) Life has been crazy, as expected, so I honestly haven't had as much time to write! Well, that's sort of a lie. I have actually put some more time into my blog, as I made an adorable ornament from my wedding invitation. If you're at all interested, you can read my little how-to here (Disclaimer: My blog is mostly just about me losing weight, life, recipes, crafts, etc., but I haven't been as great about updating as of late, because I haven't really wanted to write about anything weight-related, but that's a whole different story!)

Anyway, last weekend we went and played in the snow with our dogs! It was so much fun, as the mountains here have gotten a ton of it, so we drove the hour, listening to Christmas music, drinking our Starbucks holiday treats, and being happy. Once we got there, we (especially the dogs) had a blast!

9477b5f0.jpg

snowmilo.jpg

b9671937.jpg

58871225.jpg

We also finished up our Harry Potter marathon, which was pretty delightful. I love those movies a whole lot, and I'm glad we can re-watch them whenever we want to now.

Anyway, the other thing I wanted to show off are my new Mickey Mouse and Kermit pajamaaaas. They are pretty awesome, and ridiculous at the same time, especially the ones with footies (they're also huge, but PJs are made to be loose and comfy!). Matt told me I look cute in them (while also calling them a onesie, but I told him he's just jealous. :laughing:)

a8a43034.jpg

The Kermit pajamas are so comfy, too!

3e0b0090.jpg

I am looking forward to wearing the Mickey ones on Christmas morning! :thumbsup2

We are getting thrilled for our trip. We're in disbelief that tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and Christmas is almost a MONTH away! :scared1: We keep on smiling because we realize, when Christmas is over, it's okay because we'll be on our way to Disney World in a few short weeks after that. Matt brings up our trip a lot, which is nice since it was always me before. I will admit I was obsessing about it a bit since I was anxious to make sure we had EVERYTHING set in stone (like our flight, resort, ADRs, etc.) Now we are both just as excited for our trip. Just this morning we were talking about how excited we are to fly first class and not have to worry about paying for bags, being able to get through security faster, and I told him we should go hang out in the Alaska Airlines board room just to feel fancy. :rotfl: We're total dorks!

I'm still compiling my snack list for our trip. There are so many things I keep forgetting about that I want to try on our trip! That update might happen this weekend/next week, though my weekend is pretty packed since we are celebrating my birthday and decorating for Christmas. Maybe I'll have some time on Sunday though (plus, is it so wrong I want to show off all our decorations, too? ;))...

One last funny story before I end this update. I was on my elevator, leaving work two days ago. I work 33 floors up in downtown, so it's pretty high up! Anyway, I get on and push the "Door close" button, and the elevator seriously ZOOMED us (me and one other guy) down. As in, I started to think, "um, this elevator is moving WAY faster than it normally does!"

I immediately thought of Tower of Terror, and how I am even going to deal with that because I'm evidently still a little scared of elevators. Even though it was fine and nothing happened, I was still a little freaked out because the elevator was going super fast and it was loud! I think I am in a real treat for Tower of Terror; but I thought it was funny that ToT was my first thought as I'm flying down in this stupid elevator. :rotfl:

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!!! But count me in :thumbsup2

Seattle: check!
DVC: check!
Jan Vacation: check!
WDW Obsessed: check!

Can't wait for more :)

I don't know why I'm just reading this, I swear I've checked my User CP since Thanksgiving and I hadn't seen your update. Anyways, no worries I'm still here! :)

I just read your ornament blog post, and I love that idea! It turned out awesome.
Your snow pictures are making me so jealous. Would you mind sending me some? :laughing:

I'm loving the PJ pics too! Our trips are getting so close. I'm so excited!
And your birthday is tomorrow! Yay!

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!!! But count me in :thumbsup2

Seattle: check!
DVC: check!
Jan Vacation: check!
WDW Obsessed: check!

Can't wait for more :)

:yay: YES ANOTHER SEATTLEITE! I am pretty excited about this! Haha. It's a long flight but I totally love Disney World so much! Are you going in January, too?! I'm glad you are here for my PTR, as it's never too late to join!

I'm always late to the party, but kind of don't mind because it provides entertaining reading for awhile. :)

I don't know why I'm just reading this, I swear I've checked my User CP since Thanksgiving and I hadn't seen your update. Anyways, no worries I'm still here! :)

I just read your ornament blog post, and I love that idea! It turned out awesome.
Your snow pictures are making me so jealous. Would you mind sending me some? :laughing:

I'm loving the PJ pics too! Our trips are getting so close. I'm so excited!
And your birthday is tomorrow! Yay!

Haha I was a little sad because no one seemed to comment on that update! But it was also okay because I've been INSANELY busy around here and haven't had much time to even look at the DIS, nevermind update/reply to people (until now). Glad you're still with me though!

The ornament came out awesome and it looks fabulous on our tree. It was also really easy to make!

Playing in the snow was a lot of fun. I am hoping we can do it again soon, if not, at least around New Year's. I'll send you a little, I'm sure I can manage something. :laughing:

And thanks, the pajamas are sssoooo comfy! I've been wearing my Kermit ones all the time! Keeping the Mickey ones for Christmas morning since I'm a total dork like that.

When you mentioned our trips getting close, I looked up the days and I can't even BELIEVE how close we are now! I feel like just yesterday I was getting excited because we were 75 days away. Now? Just 52 days away! :scared1: :banana: :yay:

Oh and yes, today is my birthday! It's been a GREAT birthday, mostly because my husband is amazing. But yeah, I'm planning on writing a new update either today/tomorrow, depending on how I'm feeling. I got a new iPhone cover that is amazing and has to do with Disney, so I'm feeling like I need to show it off to some people who will understand how great it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter