seasonal vs annual pass

martin33

Mouseketeer
Hi there,
Can anyone tell me if a seasonal pass is good for 12 months from activation?(we go in late Feb each year) ? Is the main difference between it and the "annual pass " options just more blackout dates?
I am looking to book on site hotels (RPR) and potentially use the annual passholder rates, which leads to my next question, can you use an "annual" passholder rate with a "seasonal" pass. If you scroll down the website comparisons at UO it would appear you can.
Any insight appreciated

All APs are good for one year from activation and all give the room discount. You just have to look at the blackout dates to see which would be best.

Also, I just called to renew our Power Pass Aps. It appears from the website if we were to get the Seasonal Pass Aps, in addition to the black out dates listed, we also cannot go to Universal Studios on any date when there is a concert. The customer service rep first told me that was not the case-- that there were no black out dates listed in February so we could go to both parks anytime in Feb-- then said we would not be allowed in either park if there was a concert. Concerned that perhaps I had a clueless representative, I politely hung up and decided to call back later. I believe with a seasonal ap you cannot go to Universal Studios on the day of the concert. The major problem is that Universal does not release their concert dates in a timely fashion. For instance, we are going in about 2 months-- and the Mardi Gras concert line up is not posted yet. Assuming there is one, we would be blocked out of at least one park for the whole day though we have no intention of going to a concert. I believe the solution is to pay the extra money for the power pass which does not black out the concert dates. But would love confirmation before I purchase.

Also, I just called to renew our Power Pass Aps. It appears from the website if we were to get the Seasonal Pass Aps, in addition to the black out dates listed, we also cannot go to Universal Studios on any date when there is a concert. The customer service rep first told me that was not the case-- that there were no black out dates listed in February so we could go to both parks anytime in Feb-- then said we would not be allowed in either park if there was a concert. Concerned that perhaps I had a clueless representative, I politely hung up and decided to call back later. I believe with a seasonal ap you cannot go to Universal Studios on the day of the concert. The major problem is that Universal does not release their concert dates in a timely fashion. For instance, we are going in about 2 months-- and the Mardi Gras concert line up is not posted yet. Assuming there is one, we would be blocked out of at least one park for the whole day though we have no intention of going to a concert. I believe the solution is to pay the extra money for the power pass which does not black out the concert dates. But would love confirmation before I purchase.

They do block out only Universal during concerts. Unfortunately every weekend in Dec was a concert date so it was supposedly locked out for the entire holiday season. Because of this we took my niece/nephews to Busch Gardens for Christmas Town. However, I had heard from some that they did go to Universal during a weekend with a concert during the day, and then tried to get back in later and were denied. They explained blackout date wasn't on the calendar on the website and they did let them in. So it is YMMV on whether they will uphold this or not. I thought it was rather dumb and was originally looking forward to seeing Macy's and Grinchmas finally but we had a good time at Christmas Town.

Also worth noting that if you actually aren't planning to go to a concert you could also just get the Seasonal and if for some reason you end up going during a blackout concert you can always pay the extra money to upgrade the ticket to the Power Pass at the later date.

That's what we plan on doing. We upgraded our UT 4day p2p tickets to seasonal before our last day. Didn't cost us a penny:) if we decide to go back during a blackout time we will upgrade at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter