Seasonal Pass and Mardi Gras

pjeanes

Earning My Ears
I really need some clarification! I am a first time visitor and we will be going from March 11 - March 15th. I bought seasonal passes because we will be going for 4+days. Will we be able to enter the parks on Sunday March 12th? It is a Mardi Gras concert day!! There were no blackouts that day, but now I see posts saying we will not be allowed in on concert days. Does anyone know how much it would be to upgrade? This throws a wrench in my plans!!

I really need some clarification! I am a first time visitor and we will be going from March 11 - March 15th. I bought seasonal passes because we will be going for 4+days. Will we be able to enter the parks on Sunday March 12th? It is a Mardi Gras concert day!! There were no blackouts that day, but now I see posts saying we will not be allowed in on concert days. Does anyone know how much it would be to upgrade? This throws a wrench in my plans!!

I *think* it means you cannot get into US the day of the concert. IoA is not affected.

This is what the website says for seasonal passes under "details"...

Blockout Dates (apply to both Universal Studios Florida™ and Islands of Adventure™):
  • December 21, 2016 – January 3, 2017
  • April 8, 2017 - April 22, 2017
  • June 10, 2017 - August 13, 2017
  • December 21, 2017 - December 31, 2017
  • Any concert date (If there is a concert during a non-blockout date, Seasonal Passholders will only receive access to Universal’s Islands of Adventure™, but not Universal Studios Florida™)

The difference in cost between seasonal and power is $60.

The 11th and 12th you will only be able to do IoA. We upgraded tickets to Seasonal Passes last fall as the lady at guest services showed us the calendar of black out dates and we thought it was perfect to be able to go in March for Spring Break. Once I read the fine print I learned about the concert dates and it was difficult learning when those would be. I believe this is the first year they have been Saturday and Sunday, but in the past it was some Fridays.?.. We will be there 3/8-3/10 then moving over to WDW. Personally I think IoA has lots to do and it wouldn't ruin my trip and I wouldn't pay the upgrade unless you will use them again, but I also picked week days for Universal because of this. Hope you still have a wonderful trip!

I decided to call and cancel the season passes. Once refunded I will buy 4 day park to park tickets. We are going for 4 days and I don't want to be limited to where we can go and what day. Once there, after Sunday, I will upgrade to season passes. I am using to get APH discount at hotel, with the possibility of maybe going back within the year.

I decided to call and cancel the season passes. Once refunded I will buy 4 day park to park tickets. We are going for 4 days and I don't want to be limited to where we can go and what day. Once there, after Sunday, I will upgrade to season passes. I am using to get APH discount at hotel, with the possibility of maybe going back within the year.

That is the perfect way to do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter