Seasonal AP

Meech Loves Mickey

DIS Veteran
Seasonal AP question here.

We were planning on 4 days (two parks) the last week of June. The Seasonal AP appears to be cheaper than a 4 day two park ticket.

Aside from the blackout dates, is there any reason NOT to buy a Seasonal AP?

In comparing prices on the official site, it seems like a no brainer?

Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Thanks!

You won't get the same food, merchandise and parking discounts as the higher-priced APs, but for a 4-day visit, then yes, that is the cheaper option and there's no reason not to buy it over a 4-day ticket. By buying that pass you could also take advantage of passholder discounts for on-site hotels. And of course, if you come back in the next year after your pass is first used, you won't have to buy tickets again.

If you throw in an extra 100 dollars you can get one preferred pass. It gives you 10-20% off food and other stuff. 10% of all food in the parks. Seasonal pass holders dont get that discount.

Thats our plan for our upcoming trip. We will stay onsite for 2 whole weeks, so it will definitely be worth it. One preferred pass is enough - that person just needs to pay.

Do you mean buy a preferred AP for only a single member of your family and the rest get seasonal AP?

Interesting, I would never have thought of that.

I’m gonna have to crunch the numbers on that one!

Thanks!

Do you mean buy a preferred AP for only a single member of your family and the rest get seasonal AP?
Yes. But make sure you check out the Block-out dates for the Seasonal APs. And Seasonal AP holders can't get into the US park on the days they have an in-park concert that evening. They can still be used at the IOA (or VB park if you have a 3-Park AP) on the concert days. Just not the US park.

Yes. But make sure you check out the Block-out dates for the Seasonal APs. And Seasonal AP holders can't get into the US park on the days they have an in-park concert that evening. They can still be used at the IOA (or VB park if you have a 3-Park AP) on the concert days. Just not the US park.

Do concerts happen on days not listed on the website?
I see there are concerts listed in Feb. and March, but that is it.

Unfortunately, I don't think they list out (or maybe they just don't plan out concerts) that far in advance. So we may not find out concert dates for April/May until closer in to those months.

Unfortunately, I don't think they list out (or maybe they just don't plan out concerts) that far in advance. So we may not find out concert dates for April/May until closer in to those months.

So conceivably, there could be a concert the last week of June and we may not know it until we are already there? (and trying to get in the gates?)

Anyone know where I could find the concert schedule from 2017? Thanks.

Concerts are usually during Mardi Gras and Christmas. Occasionally an extra concert will be added but that doesn't happen very often. You need to watch their website for concerts. Separately ticketed concerts do not count as a block out event. https://www.universalorlando.com/we...nts&attraction_location=&attraction_interest=

That is one of the risks you take when you purchase an AP that costs the same as a multi day ticket.

Thanks, this is why I'm trying to do my research ahead of time so I don't get burned! :)

Concerts are usually during Mardi Gras and Christmas. Occasionally an extra concert will be added but that doesn't happen very often.
This matches my experience. I purchased Seasonal APs for the family last year and I don't remember any concert block-outs during our April or September trip last year. But I do remember have one during our December (Christmas) and our recent February (Mardi Gras) trips.

Is there anyway to get a discount on an AP, like AAA? I've been looking, but can't seem to find any.

Is there anyway to get a discount on an AP, like AAA? I've been looking, but can't seem to find any.
I don't know about that specifically, but they do offer a discount when its time to renew. This year it was 20%, and renewals through the end of April get 3 months free.

I don't know about that specifically, but they do offer a discount when its time to renew. This year it was 20%, and renewals through the end of April get 3 months free.
Ours expired last March, so we have to buy new ones

There are sometimes concerts (and of course HHN) in September. But that usually just means that Universal closes a little earlier.

We are looking at being there Dec 5-12 and I was considering doing the seasonal pass. I had a few questions if someone knows the answers that would be cool.

1) Is there any benefit to buying it early or can I wait to see what the concert schedule will be?
2) On days when it's blacked out for a concert it's just the one park right? So we could always just go to the other one. Am I understanding that right? And it wouldn't be blocked for several days in a row, just a random day or two, right?
3) If they do the Mannheim Steamroller series again, does that black out USO?

We are looking at being there Dec 5-12 and I was considering doing the seasonal pass. I had a few questions if someone knows the answers that would be cool.

1) Is there any benefit to buying it early or can I wait to see what the concert schedule will be?
2) On days when it's blacked out for a concert it's just the one park right? So we could always just go to the other one. Am I understanding that right? And it wouldn't be blocked for several days in a row, just a random day or two, right?
3) If they do the Mannheim Steamroller series again, does that black out USO?
I bought my Seasonal AP a week before, through the AAA South website. Yes, you can wait, but I found it confusing how to find out the blocked-out dates for concerts. I thought I was ok, but I learned that they added the concerts right after I had checked dates for concerts (like within the previous week).
Yes, just the one park is blocked out. But, it is blocked out for the entire day of the concert. It might be blocked out for two days in a row - I can't remember.
Yes, Mannheim Steamroller does block out Universal Studios on concert days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter