Search feature?

RedSox68

Retired 2021 -- All the Time to Travel Now!
Just logged in to see a whole new Disboards. It's probably right in front of me, but where are the search features (search this thread, search this forum, etc.)?

Just logged in to see a whole new Disboards. It's probably right in front of me, but where are the search features (search this thread, search this forum, etc.)?

Very good question....

And why if I hit "reply" does it quote the OP? (tried this twice)

Unable to post a regular reply.

Unable to post a new thread.

Sigh...not a fan....

Last edited:
Very good question....

Personally I think the new format is much much more difficult to read. I do a lot of scanning of thread titles--not easy now.

Too bad; have frequented these boards for 8 years. I don't think I will much anymore. Which is sad, valuable info. But difficulty navigating has taken me away from other boards (one that used a similar format to this one)

DIS was a lot like cruise critic--much easier to read, imo.

Agree totally. The new layout and colors and location changes of titles and bars, etc. has made it difficult to navigate and harder to read. And apparently they have removed the search features?!?

I'm with all of you. I had no idea this change was coming and I don't like it so far. Also, my avatar is gone.

they should have warned us -- and have a main thread with instructions, etc.

Has anyone figured out how to do a search? o_O If you have, please clue me in. However, at this point, I have now forgotten what it was I wanted to search for...I just love getting old (NOT).

And I hate change. Sorry guys, I wanted to love it, but I don't. I do not love it, not one bit. >:( I do love Magic Bands though, so I'm not generally a hater, LOL. :P

Search is supposed to be coming. It was just taking time to transfer all the old posts to the new server.

Until it gets going, just use your regular search engine, and put ", DISboard" after your search term.

I thought I was one of the lucky ones because my avatar and tag transferred, but I can't seem to post new threads.

Thanks - I should have thought of the Google search thing. Duh. That's what happens when I get frustrated. Brain just shuts right down. Still don't remember what I wanted to know in the first place. Argh. I'm going to get back to work (the paying kind), and maybe it will come back to me.

On the old boards there used to be a search feature that you could search all posts for something specific. Maybe I am just not seeing where it went but could someone please tell me where it went?

Thanks!!!:love1:

Edit - just saw the posting that said it will be unavailable for 48 hrs but now I don't know how to delete this post.

Thanks for the info! I kept looking all over the new site and thought that it had to be hidden somewhere. :confused3

so glad to see this, didnt want to ask, spent 1 hr last night thinking i was crazy!!!:worried:

what i just read in another thread said they are still working on this and to post in your normal search engine followed by DISboards. I looked last night for an hour!

Very good question....

And why if I hit "reply" does it quote the OP? (tried this twice)

1. Unable to post a regular reply.

2. Unable to post a new thread.

Sigh...not a fan....

1. If you go to the bottom of the page, there's a box with your avatar to the left. Just click in the box and start typing.

2. There's a new thread button on the upper right.

Same question: How do you search?

Search is temporarily unavailable. Apparently, it will take a little while to transfer all the posts to the new server. There's more information in the Technical Support forum:

http://www.disboards.com/forums/technical-support.43/

they should have warned us -- and have a main thread with instructions, etc.

They did. There were messages at the top of every page for days warning people that the boards were going to go down at midnight on February 1 so that they could switch over to the new format.

Last edited:
There were also warning on DISUnplugged that a new format was coming that would be more mobile friendly. I think we should all give them a month or so to get it all rolled out.

How do we search in a forum with new layout?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter