Sea Racer Rental at Epcot Resorts

disneyhorselover

Rebel Spy
My sister and I will be staying at BCV in November and are thinking about doing a boat rental for something different. We are 2 adults but have no boating experience so it would be fun even if they are slow. Has anyone does this? I've seen reviews for renting them on Bay Lake but not from the Yacht Club. Can you take them down towards Hollywood studios or do you have to stay in the resort area?

Any feedback or tips would be appreciated!!

I personally like them on Bay lake, much more space to explore.... while technically they're 'slow' they feel fast- lots of fun!

We rented them there once. It was fun but there's a lot of boat activity with the Friendship boats. It was the first time I ever rode/drove them so it was a little intimidating. And, as hsmamato2 mentioned, there's not as much space as in Bay Lake. There's some wide open water over there that just does not exist Crescent Lake.

I agree with the suggestion to rent from the Poly/GF/CR/WL over an Epcot resort. They're tons of fun and not too terribly expensive. :)

Don't feel nervous about the boating thing. Just be sure to be honest and frank about what is expected of you when you pilot one of the boats. The rule of thumb is the bigger vessel has the right of way! I have only done them from the docks at Wilderness lodge. There is lots to see and explore with at Bay lake, plus with the castle it is still Disney.

I have done the EPCOT fireworks cruise, and they navigate both lakes at the beginning. It seems more like driving on a road, get to the end, turn around and go back. Where as Bay Lake is like driving in an empty parking lot, just open it up, weave and swerve. If you feel adventurous take the water bridge by the contemporary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter