• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you listed the same names on MDE #2, then no, do not
merge/link them. If they are different names, you could merge/link them but it would have been easier to use fake names and only one MDE.

I was so worried that I would accidentally link the rogue bands in a way that would make them clones in the primary MDE that I decided to make two different ones.

I was so worried that I would accidentally link the rogue bands in a way that would make them clones in the primary MDE that I decided to make two different ones.
Then, leave the MDEs separate and use your phone app for your MDE with the DAS and use your wife's phone for her MDE on her app.

I know, no questions... but I read the entire 1st post twice and did ctrl+F and still don't felt confident in the answer to my question. Take pity on me?

I will be visiting WDW without my kids. They have magic bands from a previous trip that are not linked to tickets, but they appear as "managed" by me on my MDE profile, as they don't have their own MDE profiles. Can I use their bands for SFDP? I think yes, but would like to confirm :)

Thanks!

I know, no questions... but I read the entire 1st post twice and did ctrl+F and still don't felt confident in the answer to my question. Take pity on me?

I will be visiting WDW without my kids. They have magic bands from a previous trip that are not linked to tickets, but they appear as "managed" by me on my MDE profile, as they don't have their own MDE profiles. Can I use their bands for SFDP? I think yes, but would like to confirm :)

Thanks!

Sure, any magicband can be used for SDFP. Your kid's, your neighbor's, your chiropractor's, your congressperson's, Lin-Manuel Miranda's, etc.

Thank you! I just wanted to be sure that the fact that they were managed by me wouldn't be an issue.

If I had Lin Manuel Miranda's magic band I'd never take it off ;)

I read your primer multiple times and appreciate both the information and your sense of humor. I have a question that I am 99% sure was not answered in your post. If it was, please feel free to verbally flog me.

Regarding the TOS requiring the use of a ticket to enter a FP attraction needing to be used to enter the park you said this:

"Could I prebook FP 30 days prior on a ticket that I'm not using to enter the park, then (after using my own prebooked FP), transfer those FP (one at a time) to my own MDE? That way I could ride both Frozen Ever After and Soarin'?
So you're saying that your good friend or family member has been added as a friend on your MDE and that person has a valid ticket or AP. You're saying that this person will not be along on your upcoming trip. You will prebook FP for them, intending to use those FP yourself. You won't use their ticket for FP entrance. You'll just reassign their FP to your profile and use your own valid ticket for FP entrance. This should be perfectly legal, because the ticket you use to enter the FP queue will be the same ticket you used to enter the park, which is what Disney is requesting you do."

My question is, both FEA and Soarin are Tier 1 FP attractions. Will MDE allow you to transfer a Tier 1 FP attraction to a user who already rode a Tier 1 attraction if they have not yet used up all three of their original FP?

My question is, both FEA and Soarin are Tier 1 FP attractions. Will MDE allow you to transfer a Tier 1 FP attraction to a user who already rode a Tier 1 attraction if they have not yet used up all three of their original FP?
No; the system will alert you that all 3 FPs must be used prior to having a second Tier 1.

You can allow your Tier 2s to expire or tap them out at the FP entrances. Then, use "Change Party" to switch the FP.

I had two 6 day tickets assigned to phantoms and have now reassigned to myself and another guest for an upcoming trip. I have fastpasses made on these two tickets. We are only going to be there 4 days and I want to reassign the 6 day tickets back to phantoms and purchase the 3 day with extra day free for this trip. I am assuming I will need to make new fastpasses on the new 4 day tickets and the other fastpasses will stay with the 6 day tickets. Thank you for any support.

I also see that I can reassign the 6 day ticket from my name, but not the other. I am assuming it is because the other ticket holder has an MDE account. Their account is linked to mine and I hope I can go into theirs and reassign to me or the original phantom

Last edited:
I had two 6 day tickets assigned to phantoms and have now reassigned to myself and another guest for an upcoming trip. I have fastpasses made on these two tickets. We are only going to be there 4 days and I want to reassign the 6 day tickets back to phantoms and purchase the 3 day with extra day free for this trip. I am assuming I will need to make new fastpasses on the new 4 day tickets and the other fastpasses will stay with the 6 day tickets. Thank you for any support.
Purchase the new tickets and link them to the people who have FPs booked.

As soon as the new tickets are linked, reassign/move the 6-day tickets back to your phantoms - they'll stay safely there until a future trip.

Purchase the new tickets and link them to the people who have FPs booked.

As soon as the new tickets are linked, reassign/move the 6-day tickets back to your phantoms - they'll stay safely there until a future trip.

hiroMYhero, Just wanted to be sure that 6 day ticket won't be connected to my Magic Band after reassigning.

Last edited:
@Bravesfan ~ no connection at all because the tickets are on completely different Profiles/lines from where the MBs are linked.

Moving to phantoms is the safest way to protect extra tickets. It's safer than having Guest Relations' assistance. :)

Excellent comprehensive post, and I must beg your forgiveness for asking a question. It is in regards to this statement:

Can I use the Disney app or website to change the SDFP I've made at a kiosk?
No, but that's a good question. Once you book SDFP at a kiosk, you may be able to view your SDFP on your MDE. But you can only change SDFP by returning to a kiosk.

When I used this strategy in March, 2015, this statement was not true. Although I could not make changes to SDFP on the MDE app, I could make changes if I logged into the website via a browser on my phone. I kept my browser open to the MDE account with phantom magic bands, and I kept the app open to the account with ticketed magic bands. [I might have directed my phone's browser to the desktop website instead of the mobile website, but I cannot recall for sure.]

Is it possible that your statement is in error, or has there been a change since 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter