• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can book for phantoms but will need MBs at the FP tapstiles.

The plastic tickets remain linked to the originals and provide the link to the data in the originals' Profiles.

What you can do is change the original names to phantoms names and add on a new set of correctly named people for the new reservation so that the "new" people receive the MBs and the old/phantoms use the plastic tickets.

This won't work if you've already customized or received your MBs.

Yuck. I think this would make me worried about CMs combining people/tickets/FPs. More than anything, I want to make sure the 5-day tix remain untouched and available for a future trip.
Last option: can I reserve FPs for the phantom people on the 5-day tix, then buy new MBs and associate them to these FPs?

reserve FPs for the phantom people on the 5-day tix, then buy new MBs and associate them to these FPs?
Yes. Link MBs to the phantoms to access the FPs at the FP tapstiles.

When you are ready to actually use the entitlements for a future visit, reassign them to the original people in your MDE account.

I have a question that I am 99% sure I know the answer to but figured I'd ask in case I'm mistaken. If I have two MBs for my 2 year old, they are still clones, correct? So if I make SDFP with one of his MBs, his other MB would also access those same SDFP selections?

If I have two MBs for my 2 year old, they are still clones, correct? So if I make SDFP with one of his MBs, his other MB would also access those same SDFP selections?
Hi Ariel! Yes to both questions because MBs linked to the same Profile/line in MDE are clones.

I did a room only reservation May 2016 precruise stay. I didnt receive bands, just used the cards. But since I booked the room only under my current MDE, those cards are still part of the "collective hive" correct?

Also, I purchased 8~ 10 day MYW tickets with DVC. Currently, those tickets are assigned to members of my family but havent been used so I could change who they are assigned to.

My question: 2 of the 8 people are going to Disney in October. Could I request bands for all 8 people and take the "extras" along- Making sure to only use the 2 primary for park entry and the remaining for making additional Same Day FP?

OR: Option 2.... I have 2 rooms booked in October. Each room has 2 adults booked. I plan to purchase the dining plan for 1 room only and share the credits between the rooms- as this is allowed now. BUT ..... Could I put 2 phantom guests in the other room and use those two for SDFP?

ONE MORE QUESTION- if you dont mind. Of those 8 ~10 MYE tickets I have. My second room travel companions havent purchased their tickets yet. Can I "temporarily" assign 2 of my tickets to them for the purpose of making 60 d FP reservations and when they purchase their tickets, load the new tickets to my account and reassign which ticket their name is associated with and not lose our primary FPs.

I am confused by 1 scenario described in the FAQ about NBFP...

"Let's say you have one day left on a non-expiring hopper. You can use that ticket to prebook FP for one day for one guest in your group. You can then reassign the same ticket to another person on your MDE and also book for that person. And a third time, a fourth, etc. etc. "

I'm not following how the assigning works. If you have some days left on a non-expiring ticket, doesn't that mean some days were already used and the ticket is now non-transferable? We bought 10-day non expiring hoppers and have used 4 so far. In my MDE, I don't see any way to reassign these tickets to someone else and it doesn't seem like I should be able to anyway.

Can you clarify the example? Do you mean if you have an unused 1 day non-expiring hopper?

Thanks!

But since I booked the room only under my current MDE, those cards are still part of the "collective hive" correct?
Correct.

OR: Option 2.... I have 2 rooms booked in October. Each room has 2 adults booked. I plan to purchase the dining plan for 1 room only and share the credits between the rooms- as this is allowed now. BUT ..... Could I put 2 phantom guests in the other room and use those two for SDFP?
This is the best option and the phantoms should be children and not over age 17.

Can I "temporarily" assign 2 of my tickets to them for the purpose of making 60 d FP reservations and when they purchase their tickets, load the new tickets to my account and reassign which ticket their name is associated with and not lose our primary FPs.
Yes. You can reassign after you have linked up the newly purchased tickets and FPs remain intact.

I am confused by 1 scenario described in the FAQ about NBFP...

"Let's say you have one day left on a non-expiring hopper. You can use that ticket to prebook FP for one day for one guest in your group. You can then reassign the same ticket to another person on your MDE and also book for that person. And a third time, a fourth, etc. etc. "

I'm not following how the assigning works. If you have some days left on a non-expiring ticket, doesn't that mean some days were already used and the ticket is now non-transferable? We bought 10-day non expiring hoppers and have used 4 so far. In my MDE, I don't see any way to reassign these tickets to someone else and it doesn't seem like I should be able to anyway.

Can you clarify the example? Do you mean if you have an unused 1 day non-expiring hopper?

Thanks!
You're right, that's a mistake.

Reassigning aplies to an unused ticket.

Sorry for the confusion.

So I have read everything multiple times but I have a question about purchasing used bands from Ebay. I have seen several Ebay listings for bands that are unlinkable with names inside of them. If I buy these that were obviously linked to other MDE accounts, does the band still have to be active on the other person's account for me to be able to use them for SDFP? Is there a way to check if a band is active on a MDE account?

Is there a map anywhere showing the location of the kiosks in each park? I don't see them on the maps in MDE. I have never used them before so haven't looked for them in the past.

So I have read everything multiple times but I have a question about purchasing used bands from Ebay. I have seen several Ebay listings for bands that are unlinkable with names inside of them. If I buy these that were obviously linked to other MDE accounts, does the band still have to be active on the other person's account for me to be able to use them for SDFP? Is there a way to check if a band is active on a MDE account?

You'd have to sign in to the owners MDE to see the band. It doesn't seem to matter if the band is active it not. Marcie, are you still finding that to be the case?

You'd have to sign in to the owners MDE to see the band. It doesn't seem to matter if the band is active it not. Marcie, are you still finding that to be the case?
I'm not an expert on bands but my thought is that any that were ever linked would work for SDFP. Obviously you wouldn't be able to view them on your MDE so I'd just recommend taking pics at the kiosk. I can say that I've used multiple cards that were assigned somewhere else and inactivated (For example, I got one ticket for a friend who was a big scrapbooker so we asked for an specific ticket photo and they deactivated the original card at the ticket window. It still works for SDFP). I know people have warned about buying old bands from ebay but I can't see how one wouldn't work. If it was linked elsewhere, you just use it for SDFP. If it wasn't, you might have to link it to a phantom (which I'd try before leaving home to save time). But even if they've been deactivated they should still scan at the kiosk.

I'm not an expert on bands but my thought is that any that were ever linked would work for SDFP. Obviously you wouldn't be able to view them on your MDE so I'd just recommend taking pics at the kiosk. I can say that I've used multiple cards that were assigned somewhere else and inactivated (For example, I got one ticket for a friend who was a big scrapbooker so we asked for an specific ticket photo and they deactivated the original card at the ticket window. It still works for SDFP). I know people have warned about buying old bands from ebay but I can't see how one wouldn't work. If it was linked elsewhere, you just use it for SDFP. If it wasn't, you might have to link it to a phantom (which I'd try before leaving home to save time). But even if they've been deactivated they should still scan at the kiosk.

I guess the only real concern is that if they were stolen they wouldn't work for SDFP.

I guess the only real concern is that if they were stolen they wouldn't work for SDFP.
Ah, that makes sense. I hadn't thought of that. If they hadn't been set for "link it later" and just taken from a shelf somewhere they wouldn't work. Ones with a name on them would be a way to know they had to have been active at some point. Good to know!

Hello all- just wanted to check in and make sure that the first hypothetical, buying extra bands and linking them to the account, still works. November trip upcoming. Is it really so easy as just buying an extra set of bands at Disneystore.com and then linking them to my primary MDE account, using other names, and then selecting FP's for those bands once we enter the park @ the kiosks?

Hello all- just wanted to check in and make sure that the first hypothetical, buying extra bands and linking them to the account, still works. November trip upcoming. Is it really so easy as just buying an extra set of bands at Disneystore.com and then linking them to my primary MDE account, using other names, and then selecting FP's for those bands once we enter the park @ the kiosks?

Everything is as described on the first page of the thread, including the pitfalls that make the whole process less than easy.

First page is updated when system updates occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter