Screened Shelter Pros and Cons

carebee21

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a screened shelter, such as this one: http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-10-In...403633208&sr=8-1&keywords=coleman+dining+tent What are your opinions on it? Do you like it? Do you think it is worthwhile? I am thinking about getting one for our camping trip, primarily to keep the bugs off of us as we eat and play cards in the evening, but I don't have much camping experience (the fort is the only type of camping we do, and it is only because my son loves it so much) so I don't know if it will really help or if it's going to be more trouble to set up and use than it is worth :)

Does anyone have a screened shelter, such as this one: http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-10-In...403633208&sr=8-1&keywords=coleman+dining+tent What are your opinions on it? Do you like it? Do you think it is worthwhile? I am thinking about getting one for our camping trip, primarily to keep the bugs off of us as we eat and play cards in the evening, but I don't have much camping experience (the fort is the only type of camping we do, and it is only because my son loves it so much) so I don't know if it will really help or if it's going to be more trouble to set up and use than it is worth :)

I have this one and i am glad i got it free with points from work
10x10 is the base not the top. it is very easy for one person to set up and take down but i would not buy it look for a straight side screen room. i will be at FW tomorrow thru sat and have it with me.

Set up shouldn't be a problem. Zipping & unzipping the side getting in & out bothered me! If everyone gets what they need, gets in the shelter & zips yourselves in, it's not a big deal.

I recently was in the market for a screen room. I was thinking about this product, but in the end, went with the Coleman 10x10 Canopy with LEDs and the screen room add on. More expensive, but here is what made my decision.

With this product, the footprint is 10x10, but the room isn't, so you get a lot less room on the inside. That means you also aren't getting 10x10 of shade, as well. The screen goes all the way to the top, so that's a lot of sun it will let in. With the canopy, you get 10x10 all the way up to head height. I also didn't like how thin the poles are compared to the canopy. They also make a 10x10 canopy without the lights that will fit the screen room add on, and that will save you so money, but I preferred not having to string light up if I don't have to. Now, I just have to buy a new c-gear 10x10 mat for it, and I'll be all set for camping in mosquito season.

carebee21 said:
Does anyone have a screened shelter, such as this one: http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-10-Instant-Screened-Shelter/dp/B00339C3G4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403633208&sr=8-1&keywords=coleman+dining+tent What are your opinions on it? Do you like it? Do you think it is worthwhile? I am thinking about getting one for our camping trip, primarily to keep the bugs off of us as we eat and play cards in the evening, but I don't have much camping experience (the fort is the only type of camping we do, and it is only because my son loves it so much) so I don't know if it will really help or if it's going to be more trouble to set up and use than it is worth :)

Yes I have this one however mine was from Target which is the bigger size. I was going for the 10×10 originally. However, wanted a little more ground coverage and went with the larger one 12x12 Set up is fast and easy. I have had no problems from mine.

caribbeandrifter said:
Yes I have this one however mine was from Target which is the bigger size. I was going for the 10×10 originally. However, wanted a little more ground coverage and went with the larger one 12x12 Set up is fast and easy. I have had no problems from mine. We will be at the Fort at the end of August and will bring ours too.

We have the Coleman 15 x 13 Instant Screened Shelter. It is the hexagon-shaped screen room. Super easy to put up. DH does it on his own. We used to have a different one that required two people for set up. To be honest, I hate it. Because of the slanted walls, even in a small drizzle, the picnic table benches and table get wet. We like to use the screen room for card/board games or coloring when rain rolls in. Unless you're sitting directly in the middle of the bench, you get wet. That said, I love having a screen room and as soon as this one kicks the bucket, I'll be getting another. :goodvibes

We have the Coleman canopy and the screen wall attachments. We love it. It's easy to set up, provides shade, keeps the bugs off of us. I couldn't camp without it. We use it at the beach without the walls all the time too, so it does double duty.

We love our and we set our over the picnic table so we don't have to deal with bugs while trying to eat.. Very easy to set up...

I had one installed on my RV a few years back. I think the cost was 900. It was so cumbersome I removed it. Hard to get around dining area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter