• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scottie Scheffler & Nelly Korda

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
Are they "ruining" your enjoyment of Golf or do you enjoy seeing them dominate week after week?

I can't really respond to the LPGA since I don't watch much of it but it doesn't bother me in the least to see Scottie kicking butt. A little like Tiger back in the day when he dominated. If you want to win and take home the big paycheck/Majors then you need to step up your game.

Kinda no different when Gretzky, Jordan and Brady dominated. Enjoy the ride

Didn't know Korda was dominating. Kind of interesting that she's a top tier athlete in a different sport than her dad though.

Sebastian Korda plays tennis. He did remark once about his sister doing better at golf than he was at tennis.

I don’t really follow golf so it doesn’t bother me if one player is dominating.

Most top golfers on either tour go on hot streaks where they play really well, perhaps win a few tournaments and get a lot of attention. The ability to sustain that over a period of years is what makes someone truly one of the best.

Didn't know Korda was dominating. Kind of interesting that she's a top tier athlete in a different sport than her dad though.
She has won 5 in a row.

Only been done twice before.

Scheffler has won 4 of 5 and finished second in the other.

Unprecedented for these kind of streaks to be happening simultaneously on both Tours.

Scottie changed putters shortly before this run. Was missing a lot of 3 to6 foot puts and Rory in interview said he should try mallet putter. Not sure if that why Scottie switched but boy he was right.

Scottie looks and acts like your local insurance agent who's out for his weekly outing with his group--then he kills it. It's fun watching him win.

I agree, Scottie seems like a very likeable/genuine person. Some of the other pro golfers seem very arrogant or say things to the media just to get more attention. They have this phony persona and say what the media wants to hear even if it isn't true. The ones who act/say things to try to be 'social media' stars I find VERY annoying. If you follow pro golf, you likely know who they are !!!

Last edited:
For comparison. Max Verstappen has now won 4 out of 5 grand prix this season and 19 out of 22 last season. Hasn't hurt viewership.

For comparison. Max Verstappen has now won 4 out of 5 grand prix this season and 19 out of 22 last season. Hasn't hurt viewership.
F1 is weird in that having a skilled driver at the top of their game is important, but I think the car and the tech inside of it is actually the critical component.

The LIV tour tainted golf for me. It used to be I’d be watching the final round most every Sunday afternoon. It’s just not as good. Not to discount how well Scottie is doing. He’s tough to beat.

I haven't seen how much Nellie has won over 5 tournaments, but Scotty has made $16,000.00 in his last 5 outings. Anyone that owns golf clubs can tell you just how difficult that would be to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter