• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sci Fi Review Jan 4

DCDisney

On my way...
At Sci Fi Dine in we waited about 3 minutes to be seated. This trip we decided to try lots of new places and this was the kids top choice. We all really loved the atmosphere in this restaurant. Kiddos sat up front in the car, grandparents in the middle, and us in the back. The movie clips were entertaining to all and it was actually very quiet and relaxing in there. Our waitress was excellent. Happily answered questions, let the kids sub sides/desserts, explained dining plan options, and kept glasses full. DS had a cheeseburger and apples, DD had pizza and apples, I had chicken sandwich and onion rings, DH had salad and shrimp pasta. Kids inhaled their food. My chicken sandwich was moist and very fresh. Onion rings and fries very quite hot and crispy. DH's salad was fine but nothing exciting iceberg lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and ranch dressing. His pasta was very good and looked very fresh. For dessert we had one of just about everything and passed around. The cheesecake was the cutest, the apple crisp was the best overall, the chocolate tart was the richest, and the milkshake was great of course. The food here isn't fancy by any means but everything we had was decent quality, hot, and fresh. The waitress was the best we had all trip. We will go back.

Yvonne

We had a similar good experience in Nov. The waiter was very good and very nice about our kids substituting items on the kid's menu. My 2 youngest ordered cheeseburgers, but do not eat salad or soup, so he let them have fruit for apps. My oldest ordered the chicken strip plate and the waiter actually brought up getting him the sundae instead of applesauce for dessert since the other two would be getting ice cream with their meals. I loved being able to sit back and relax in the quiet. The boys were even quiet and focused on the movie clips. Everyone's food was good, nothing gourmet, but it was good. It was a favorite of my 3 ds and 2 nephews.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

We had a dinner at Sci Fi in December & it was great. The CM was excellent in pointing out the substitutions for the DDP for the kids, and kept checking in on us & brought everything promptly. Food was good, hot & fresh, but not gourmet, but we knew that going in. Milkshakes were very good too. Kids loved it & we will head back again for sure. It's gotten a lot of negative hype on the boards - I'm hoping from our experience & from reading this thread thay maybe it is turning around.

We are having lunch there in June and started worrying about all the negative reviews.

We are on a kick to try new places this trip, I can't wait!

Glad to hear the positive review. We will be eating there during our February stay. We aren't usually really picky about our food. All that I ask that it's hot if its suppose to be hot and that there are no hairs in it. ick right. I had that happen to me just recently. As long as its fun and it fills our stomachs we will be happy. Thanks.

Lynn

Hands down the funnest place we have ever eaten. We will always make it a point to go back!!

Thanks for the review. We are thinking of going here when we're at MGM for Star Wars Weekends (whenever they announce the dates for Star Wars Weekends! :confused3 )

Thanks for the positive review. We haven't been here in a while because dh wanted to try some new places, but dd has been begging for a return, so next trip, Sci Fi--here we come. I tell you, keeping the kids entertained for half an hour with those movie clips is priceless!

We love Sci Fi for food and atmosphere. I agree with the quiet and relaxing aspect, with the whole place riveted to the screen you can actually hear yourself think and hear your dining companions talk in there, something not easily found in WDW restaurants! It is the one and only place we have eaten at each of our seven trips to WDW.

Does anyone know if they serve bread or crackers here for dinner? DD5 will not like any of the apps but is fine if there is a bread or something while we enjoy our apps.

Thank you for your review - I agree 100%. We love that place and crave it while we are away. Thanks again!

Scifi was both my son's and my favorite place we ate last September (other CS we tried were Le Cellier, San Angelo Inn, O'hanas, and Teppanyaki.) It's the one place I'm sure we'll hit every time we're in MGM, though I think we'll go for lunch next time since the lunch menu has a burger on it.

We are planning our first trip to disney world next month. My family and I are not the smallest people in the bunch. I have a sister who is a size 24 and am a lil concerned that she wont be able to fit in the booth. Any one have any info on this?

princess: Me pirate: DS popcorn:: DMOM :moped: DDAD :shamrock: DSIS:hmghost: DBRO

We love the desserts at Sci-Fi. We usually split meals so we can get desserts. The atmosphere is great and it definitely cuts the heat on a hot summer day. This is definitely one of our favorite places to go. We've been so many times throughout the years that my sister and I have some of the amusing clips memorized. I would definitely suggest this restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter