Sci-Fi Drive In or Hollywood and Vine

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
Headed to WDW in 3 weeks! Have reservations at Hollywood and Vine and just picked up Sci-Fi. Our go-to place is Mama's but we wanted to try something new. DW is a plain/simple eater. I know Pete and the gang kill H&V often. It's free dining so cost isn't an issue. H&V has the characters and Sci-Fi has "character" H&V gets us a Fantasmic package seat. Any input on just the food at either place? TIA!

Breakfast at H&V is good. We really enjoy it and we're not huge buffet fans. Sci-Fi has very good burgers and shakes but that's about it and the atmosphere is great, despite scaring the pants off the kids (forgot about the scare factor of those old movies when we brought them).

I hate to throw another item in the mix but the best food, hands down in HS is the Brown Derby and I'm really sad we're not going to eat there on our upcoming trip because we hopping over to F&W instead and you can get Fantasmic with the Brown Derby as well.

If you are limited by table credits, it would give up both restaurants to have a truly AMAZING meal at the Brown Derby and wing it the rest of the day.

I didn't like Sci-Fi when we ate there in July.
I'd say H & V. We have eaten both breakfast and dinner there in the past.
Breakfast if a character meal. Dinner is not.
H & V is the only table service breakfast available in Hollywood studios.
They did a trial run of a TS breakfast in Sci-fi not long ago. I enjoyed it, but wasn't happy with dinner.

I actually am one of the rare people who likes H&V, but if I had to choose, I'd pick Sci-Fi every time.

I didn't like Sci-Fi when we ate there in July.
I'd say H & V. We have eaten both breakfast and dinner there in the past.
Breakfast if a character meal. Dinner is not.
H & V is the only table service breakfast available in Hollywood studios.
They did a trial run of a TS breakfast in Sci-fi not long ago. I enjoyed it, but wasn't happy with dinner.
dinner is a character meal now with the fab 5 in seasonal costume.

I just booked dinner for the Halloween character dine, I hope the food is not as bad as people make it out to be.

Did you make a choice? We have lunch res at Sci Fi which is fine with my two boys since we're a burger and shake kind of family and they will faint over sitting in a car. We are only going to HS for one day and that is our only add there if that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter