Saying hello LIVE from disney

dixonsontour

DIS Veteran
Well we're here.

Virgin flight friday was delayed by 2 hours and when we arrived we had to then wait on the plane as immigration was full - arrived at OKW about 3 hours late overall - absolutely shattered. DD 4 stayed awake throughout only to fall asleep at the last moment - missing us cheering as we drove under the disney world arch.

Got my room request, upper studio by turtle pond - in building 42. Love the resort and the renovated room. Pool just a few steps away and lovely and quiet - saw rabbits at night/early morning.

First night we had 15 inch pepperoni pizza and two huge bowls of icecream from POFQ foodcourt then bed. Good deal for 2 cs - pizza was cooked to order.

Awake 4am and couldn't sleep so were at chef mickey's at 7am. ADR was for 8 but they seated us no problem. Food was fine and character interaction good - my DD, dressed up as minnie and loved it.

Then Osceola Walmart. Pedicure for me at the nearby nails place and got some food for breakfasts, washing powder, beer etc. DH happy got his IPad.

Spent a few hours in the turtle pond pool then went to Epcot at 4.

Epcot was heaving as it was F & W. Got boat across to Morocco and watched bellydancer then did kidcot stops for DD at USA and Japan and got her an epcot passport to have stamped.

Dinner was at Teppan edo - our first time seated there. It was nosiy and busy but we loved the place and the food - would definitely eat again there next trip. Had steak and shrimp and chocolate ginger cake - cooked perfectly - dipping sauces were good aswell.

Walked slowly back to car - 'home' and asleep for 9.30. DD fell asleep enroute to room.

7am here now - off to MK today.

Not sure if will have internet again - paid for 24 hours as DH needed it for Ipad set up.

Just come back from dinner at whispering canyon cafe.

We started day 2 at MK - looking very nice all decked out for halloween.

Park was quiet first thing - did most of fantasyland very quickly then were first in line for Ariel at 10am - DD had her arial dress on so wanted to see her. Got fast pass for peter pan and it gave a 'free' one for philarmagic.

After 3 goes on flying carpets - no line. Then pirates again no line.

Had an early lunch at peco bills - shared 2 of the 1/3 lb bbq cheeseburgers and fries between the 3 of us with choc cake for dessert - 2 cs credits.

Did splash and BTMRR. Then back to fantasyland to use fast passes. Ended up doing philarmagic but passing on peter pan - all tired and ready for a break.

Again spent afternoon in turtle pond pool - weather has been lovely - mid 80's today.

Ate at WCC tonight - food and service good - we both had the skillet and DD a child's skillet. Desserts are in the fridge for breakfast.

Off to AK tomorrow.

Thanks for the updates, you are doing what we will probably do and sharing a few meals, just don't know how we're going to eat it all. One thing is for sure though we'll give it a good blooming go.

Enjoy the rest of your hol

Ali

Ohh I love reading live reports :cool1: But it's even better when I know I'll be there so soon. We'll be at MK on Wednesday :yay::yay::yay:
I hope the park stays as quiet for us as it was for you!

Luv Suzy

Mid 80's sounds good, I am freezing here this morning. Enjoying following you around.:goodvibes

Glad your having a great time sounds like a perfect time to go. Sat here shivering as I read wishing i was there in the sun aswell.:goodvibes

Mind and keep us updated, only wish we were there, mid 80s and we are sitting here freezing.

Have agreat time

Woooeeeeee! Been back a week and feels like 6 months :( so a live report is just what I needed to see right now :)

Sounds like a bit a long journey to get out there but you jumped in with both on arrival - sounds fun, I'm totally jealous!

If you're planning on doing the F&W at all while out there, be sure to stop by either the Welcome Center in Future World or ask at any of the DVC stands (there's at least one on the World Showcase) for a free F&W passport.

It has a little list inside of all the foods and drinks at each country in the Festival that you can tick if you try it, and present it when paying and you get a little stamp in it - very similar to the Epcot Passport thing so your DD will likely enjoy collecting those too.

Very autumnal here today in N Ireland so your live report has cheered me right up;)

Thanks for the live updates. Come on DH you know you need more internet time to play with the ipad ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter