Say it with me...I'm a snob

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having a conversations w/ my friend the other day (who, by the way, is "not a big fan of Disney, b/c of the commercialization :confused3 ) and we were talking about my florida trip, etc.
She said her family enjoyed museums, and such, but that she didn't like amusement parks.
I agreed with her, b/c I don't like amusement parks either. She looked at me like I was nuts.
"Oh, well," I said, "I don't consider Disney an amusement park. It's completely different." She just doesn't get it. :earseek:

My dad didn't want to come with us to WDW b/c he didn't want to stand on the hot pavement watching the kids ride the rides. Sigh. He just doesn't understand what it is. So I am still hoping to talk some relative to come with us in the future, but they all don't seem to get it either. But we do, so we'll just be able to do what we want without them. :flower:

We just went to SFOG Wednesday. We had two free tickets for the kids and we had to buy two. We arrived at opening as any good park person should, right? Wrong! Although we walked on the first ride, we waited 45 min. to an hour for the next and basically each one after this. We left at 3:30 and were happy to be gone. Beside being a dirty park, the workers were slow, slow, slow. The second group of riders would not leave the loading zone until the first group was parked behind them in most cases. They were the slowest people who seemed to care less about their job I've ever seen. Yes it was HOT and yes there were a lot of people but we found the workers, upkeep and general layout of the park to be lacking and confusing. I didn't go in with high expectations and that was good. They didn't even meet my very lowest ones.

We live 60 miles from Six Flags over Great America. Haven't been there in about 15 years and that was because we had some nephews visiting from D.C. who begged. Have no intention of every going back no matter who begs!

Loved your story. Sorry you had to experience it, but glad you shared it with us! Laughter is the best way to start out my day! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Now see, I will be using this post in a different way. DH is a willing, but reluctant visitor to WDW, and indulges the rest of the family when we absolutely must have a fix. But, he has been wanting to go to SF lately. So, seeing as we leave for WDW on 9/17, I need to insist that we go to SF before that date, so that it will be fresh in his mind when we get to WDW! I remember our last SF trip - lines of 60 min+ for each thrill ride (that lasts 60 seconds), not much shade to cool off in, OUTRAGEOUS food / drink prices. He seems to have repressed all of these memories. And, I did not even know about the added price for the haunted house. Ridiculous! :confused3

Six Flags over GA is the closest theme park to us. We used to go every year until I was about 13. Then I went last year w/a group .... I'm 22 now. It was horrible!!! The lines were long, people were rude. I refuse to go back. There were three major rides that were broken!!!! I absolutely hate it. I'll much rather drive 13 hrs to Disney!!!...which we are doing in 47 days!!!!!!!!! :)

Sorry you had such a bad day!!!! But thanks for posting... you really have a way with words (and smilies!) and I am going to steal shamelessly from you about the "losing the address to my happy place." Excellent line!

Enjoyed your story very much. I must be a Disney snob, too. I had a similar experience last year at Kings Island, just north of Cincinnati. We had free tickets that we got for changing our internet service. I am so glad that we didn't have to pay. I actually had described my trip on another board, where one woman took exception to the fact that I objected to people smoking as they walked along and throwing cigaret butts on the ground as they went. The park was so dirty, it was disgusting. To top everything off, one smoking couple thought it would be funny to squirt ketchup all over my son and me as they walked, smoking their cigarets. My son got the major ketchup soaking, getting ketchup all over his white Spongebob shorts. I just got a little splash on my leg. I got flamed for stating it was rude to squirt ketchup all over strangers while walking in a theme park (to say nothing of really low class).
If the situation were reversed, however, I would be totally mortified to squirt ketchup on another persons clothing, and would be there helping them to clean up, apologizing profusely. These dumb broads just kept walking, and laughing about it. It still makes me mad. I still haven't gone back to that other board.

We have a Six Flags less than 10 minutes from our house. The kids go to the water park section a couple of times a year, but I can't stand the place. Literally get a headache after about 20 minutes there.

Loved your story! We live 30 min from Six Flags- St Louis and we have not been in 3 years. We used to go a few times in the summer but now that the kids are older they don't even want to! When asked this year they decided to get a season ticket to Celebration City (added onto our Silver Dollar City ticket) in Branson for the price of 1 day at Six Flags. I was thrilled! Celebration is a nice little park that we all enjoy after a day on the water. Not big, but clean and fun. We still have free reading tickets to Six Flags but if no asks to use them they are staying in the drawer!

We are 100% Disney snobs and always will be! :earsboy: But, instead of just complaining about the prices, somehow I always manage to mention something similar to the following...."What? Are you kidding me...I wouldn't mind paying that if I was in Disney, but this place? Usually by this point my boyfriend pays the cashier and pulls me away. :rotfl2:

*NikkiBell* said:
We are 100% Disney snobs and always will be! :earsboy: But, instead of just complaining about the prices, somehow I always manage to mention something similar to the following...."What? Are you kidding me...I wouldn't mind paying that if I was in Disney, but this place? Usually by this point my boyfriend pays the cashier and pulls me away. :rotfl2:
That exactly what I should have done. Everyone here is mostly calm this morning, walking around the house glancing at each other as if we were all ashamed of where we were seen yesterday. :rotfl2: I'm glad everyone got a giggle and if just one person is saved by reading my <sniffsniff> horrible experience, :sad: it was worth it. SEE YOU ALL IN DISNEY :jumping1:

:rotfl: DISNEY SNOB HERE ALSO . . . AND DARN PROUD OF IT!!!

DH and I are going on a trip without the girls on 8/24 . . . my mother wants to know why we "just don't go to Great Adventure" (six flags in NJ) :earseek: !?!? OBVIOUSLY she has never been to WDW and refuses to go . . . her loss!!

Oh my goodness! Wow, what a terrible day! That had me giggling as I read it. :rotfl: It reminded me of my last visit to Tahquamenon Falls where my family and I were soaked (we got stuck on an island that you can row out to).

That was an extremely funny story and one that I can relate too. I have been to SFOG many times and have actually had lots of good memories from there but the last 2 or 3 times I went were horrible. I can tell you when I was in high school, my church youth group went during Halloween. Well, we were getting ready to leave on the bus and we were waiting on a couple of other kids to get out of the Nurses Station. (They were feeling sick and were getting checked out.) Well, they had to wait because some Hell's Angels came in wanting to make sacrifices for the Devil and were literally trying to kill people with chains and such. Then, I went one more time with a friend of mine who happens to be pretty large in size. He wasn't able to ride a lot of the rides because of his size and their employees were not interested in trying to help them.

As much as I love rollercoasters, I don't think I can ever go back to SF. Hopefully, one day they will improve the service and cleanliness standards there.

:love: ::MickeyMo :love:

disneyfreakjackie said:
DH and I are going on a trip without the girls on 8/24 . . . my mother wants to know why we "just don't go to Great Adventure" (six flags in NJ) :earseek: !?!? OBVIOUSLY she has never been to WDW and refuses to go . . . her loss!![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

:rotfl2: Live about 1 1/2 from Great Adventure and haven't been in almost 4 years.....its just seemed to get more dirty and expensive every time I went :p

Proud to say I'm a Disney Snob :snooty:

Msslaydbug said:
I mentioned to my DH a few weeks ago that maybe we should take our son to Six Flags (we have one here in Denver) and he just laughed and " He wouldn't even like it - we just got back from Disney !!" I guess he was right so since we bought season passes - it is back to Disney !! :cool1:

Hey we live in the Denver area too! My DH and kids went to Six Flags once because they went with Grandpa who had free tickets! DH said it was awful. That was like 5 years ago and we have never been back and don't intend to go. Our friends make fun of us for having AP's to WDW and sometimes DL too when we live so far. Oh well, you either get it or you don't! Proud to be a snob as well! Oh and one sad sidenote, met a friend's sister last night who lives in Orlando and has only been to WDW once and won't go back! I mean if we actually LIVED near WDW we would probably just sleep in the parking lot and not own a home since we would never be there!

I guess I still need to say that I am a Disney Freak or even fan. I have never been a fan of the word "snob" because it is so negative. But I do love Disney.

:love: ::MickeyMo :love:

I wouldn't consider myself a Disney Snob, DH and I ust don't enjoy other amusment parks as much asWDW, so why waste money on them when we can just save up and enjoy the place we love best! :love: :earsboy: :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter