Say it isn’t so...

This is us. Have plans for Friday through Tues morning. This is far from our first trip but little getaway after having SIX MONTHS of crappy and worst winter weather EVER. So the thought of schlepping through more rain - down pours -- and paying to do it makes me want to cry too. We do have some wiggle room to reschedule when there will still be potential rain -- but not down pours. Half of us want to do that, reschedule --again after a never ending winter we'd rather not pay tons of money to walk with heads down and wet feet. And half want to go for it regardless. UGH What are your latest thoughts JerseyJanice?

When I got up this morning I checked the forecast and one Orlando news outlet (sorry that I forget which) said it’s only a 20% chance that a tropical depression will form. So compared to reading yesterday’s forecast that had a 40% chance of a TD, I feel better today. :)

By lucky chance, most of our dining plans are Thursday through Monday so at the moment, I am thinking we will focus on our dining experiences and try to stretch them out.

We are taking my baby nieces to Chef Mickey’s for brunch Thursday afternoon. Even if it’s pouring rain, they will find that very entertaining. :)

Will never forget one spring trip when it rained like no tomorrow every single... night. Somewhere between 1am and 5 am, I would wake up to marvel that the heavens could dispense water that fast. Everything was steaming as the sun came up and by 7:30 or so, we could scarcely believe it had rained. We did get an occasional afternoon t-storm, and marvelled at how we could be in one park in the sun, while folks in another we’re getting doused.

Florida weather is amazing. I hope you get the rain you so desperately need, but the sun comes out enough to make tourists want to keep coming back!

I really hope all this rain I'm hearing about works itself out before we arrive on the 27th. I know it's Florida and pop up showers are the norm, but we were there during tropical storm Andrea a few years back and several days of our trip were nothing but torrential downpours. While we made the best of it, I would love to not have a repeat of that! :scared:

I really hope all this rain I'm hearing about works itself out before we arrive on the 27th. I know it's Florida and pop up showers are the norm, but we were there during tropical storm Andrea a few years back and several days of our trip were nothing but torrential downpours. While we made the best of it, I would love to not have a repeat of that! :scared:

We were there for Andrea as well.

When I got up this morning I checked the forecast and one Orlando news outlet (sorry that I forget which) said it’s only a 20% chance that a tropical depression will form. So compared to reading yesterday’s forecast that had a 40% chance of a TD, I feel better today. :)

By lucky chance, most of our dining plans are Thursday through Monday so at the moment, I am thinking we will focus on our dining experiences and try to stretch them out.

We are taking my baby nieces to Chef Mickey’s for brunch Thursday afternoon. Even if it’s pouring rain, they will find that very entertaining. :)

I hope your trip is going well!!!

After last October when we hit that freak cold snap and we got sick (not because of cold snap, just a happy coincidence), we decided we are done with Fall trips for a bit. We also picked May for 2020!

Safe travels!

We were on Sanibel Island during Andrea. It was hard to work around all that rain but we still squeezed in some fun between downpours. There was even a tornado in Ft. Myers. Crazy storm. Sure dredged up some cool shells though!

we were in Disney 2 years ago this August. in 8ndays we had one brief shower and another afternoon where we counted the drops and that was our only rain. because of other reasons August is only time we can go as a family
We must have been there the same week! No one believes me when I tell them it didn't rain except for one afternoon (and that was quick) during our 7 night stay.

I am leaving on Wednesday for 8 nights in WDW. Got up this morning and I looked at the news and saw a report by CNN that a tropical depression is lining up to hit Florida with massive rain the next few days.

Really? I can’t believe my luck. I was there for Matthew in October 2016 and just missed Irma in September 2017. Thought I would try going in May for better weather and now this.

Sigh! Next time there is a drought in Florida, someone needs to send me there for relief.

I completely feel your pain and will not try to make it sound like you just need to suck it up and have a magical time. The truth is there is a big difference in being there during a passing summer shower and a tropical storm. We were there during TS Beryl in May/June 2012. There were some miserable and disappointing times. If you have children, it is even worse. We had to ditch my nephew’s park stroller in the Japan pavillion and make him wade through the standing water with the rest of us to get out of the park, because the stroller was drenched and difficult to push. We had lunch in the castle and the windows were so rain-soaked, you could barely see Fantasyland! We are arriving this year on May 30th, so I too am now watching the speed of the new system that is forming in the gulf for Memorial Day weekend. I hope your trip has been salvageable!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter