Savor the Savanna at Animal Kingdom - Review (Photos in Post #20 on Page 1)

Thanks so much for this review; I had asked earlier in the summer if anyone had seen one. I thought there was a backstage care portion mentioned in the original press package for this tour. Did you have any time like that?

No, I didn't. The closest to that was getting to talk with some of the keepers while they were out in the savanna. The website description only says that the guide will share "insightful information about the wildlife and the special care they’re provided at Disney’s Animal Kingdom park." The Backstage Tales tour goes into the animal care/housing areas, though.

No, I didn't. The closest to that was getting to talk with some of the keepers while they were out in the savanna. The website description only says that the guide will share "insightful information about the wildlife and the special care they’re provided at Disney’s Animal Kingdom park." The Backstage Tales tour goes into the animal care/housing areas, though.
Thanks again for the review and your reply to my question. I'm just this morning seeing your photos-- just terrific.

I looked back at my earlier thread, and I think I had this tour confused with the "Sense" tour. There are just too many things with similar sounding names!

My husband and I did this in July. It was truly awesome! We did the 6:30 and got to see the sun beginning to set. So beautiful. We would definitely do this again.

We were booked and paid for a 6:30pm 2nd week of September. Got a call yesterday from AK Tours that they were not going to offer the 6:30 so moved us to 5:30pm. We had the option to cancel. Just glad they still were offering it! I know it will be great!

Any recent reviews/experiences of Savor the Savanna? I just booked this for my husband as a Christmas gift for Jan 5th. We are doing the 4:30pm tour, but I'm slightly worried about sunset time, and hopefully not being uncomfortably cold.

Very excited though!!! I was trying to decide between this, Wild Africa Trek, and Wanyama Safari. Opted for this because my husband -- who loves animals -- is a bit of a foodie and we also only have 2 days in the parks this trip... slightly shorter time commitment plus emphasis on food are what made me choose this tour over the others.

I know this thread is a few years old, but if going when sunset is at 6pm would you recommend 4pm or 515 start? Just wondering how much the sun would effect seeing things

Any recent reviews? I am considering trying for October. Is the food enough for dinner or more like a snack?

Ok I am soooo booking this for our next vacation. That looks amazing. My hubby's favourite thing is the safari, so this would just make his vacation one to remember. We own DVC at AKL because of his love of the animals and always eat at Sanaa so he can eat watching the animals. This would be a dream come true.
My only question would be could they accommodate a vegetarian?

For the record, I just called and YES they accommodate Vegans or Vegetarians on this tour. So we are totally booking this.

I know this thread is a few years old, but if going when sunset is at 6pm would you recommend 4pm or 515 start? Just wondering how much the sun would effect seeing things
I'm wondering this too. Although the sunset is pretty, after it gets dark the animals are much harder to see. We have done evening safari rides and didn't enjoy them as much as I thought we would because the animals were harder to see.

I looked on the Disney site about this and it says you should be in good health with not heart, neck or back problems. Is it that wild or rough?
I could understand about the back and neck problems. Since the seating is in a U shape, the sides of the truck hit you in the back on the bumpy roads. If you sit along the back you f the truck, instead f along the sides, it would probably be more comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter