• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saturday or Sunday in early December for MK?

misskitkat

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I am planning a quick trip to Disney in early December, 12/6-12/9, just to see it at Christmas. I only want to go to MK. My choices are Saturday and Sunday, which may be a MVMCP day if the party schedule is like last year. I want to make the most of the time I have but worry Saturday will be crazy busy and Sunday will be a short day. Also, I love the fireworks and projections, so I don't want to miss those. There will only be 2 adults.

I figure I have a few options:

1. Go on Saturday, knowing it will most likely be crazier than Sunday

2. Go on Sunday, hope there will be less people, and try and fit as much in as I can

3. Go Sunday, add on the party for an additional $200+, and hope the extra cost is really worth it.

I usually visit in January or February when it is slower so the crowd levels really worry me but I've always dreamed of seeing it at Christmas. Once the DH agreed to go I booked before he could change his mind. If it's really bad he may never want to go at Christmas again. One day, after we get jobs that let us take time off that time of year I want to go back for a longer Christmas visit.

Thanks for any help and advice!!

I would take Sunday, hands down. Even if you don't go to the party and miss fireworks completely. Saturdays in party season are way too crazy for my taste.

Personally I'd do both days.
Do Saturday all day and then Sunday just for the party.
This way you get it all and the cost will be about the same as if you chose the option of going Sunday and staying for the party.
I personally think the party is worth the money but that's just me.
If you don't want to spend the extra then I'd do Saturday as I prefer longer hours (I find that even if there are more people in the park the wait times don't always reflect that) and you'd see fireworks since its important to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter