Saturday after Thanksgiving...Were you in the parks today??

Babs1975

Loves Eeyore
If you were in one of the parks today, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, how were crowd levels and more importantly, ride wait times today? I've been watching the app to check ride waits, but was hoping for a first hand account as I know sometimes the app doesn't match up to what it's really like. We are there every other year the week after Thanksgiving, but don't hit a Disney park until the Sunday after Thanksgiving, trying to avoid the Thanksgiving week crowds. Next year, we may have to shift our trip by a couple days so trying to assess the crowds of the Saturday after Thanksgiving in case we need to use it as a park day. Any parks lighter today than others? Would you avoid this day if possible? Is it comparable to the rest of the Thanksgiving week? Thanks for input if you're in a park today or have been other years!

We were in Epcot this afternoon and evening, it was busy, headliners were averaging 2hour wait times. We had FP and dinner at Garden Grill, the WS was not horrible. I have seen it much busier especially around Easter.

Animal kingdom was packed today. Had dinner at Flying Fish and went to EPCOT afterwords and rode Test Travk single rider with about a five minute wait (at 9:15ish). Didn’t go to the other parks.

Hollywood Studios and EPCOT were packed yesterday. Went to EPCOT in the AM and then to Hollywood Studios for the afternoon/evening. Watched Jingle Bell Jingle BAM! and then went you EPCOT for Illuminations w/Holiday tag on it (always a show stopper - 100 times better than regular Illuminations and i love Illuminations).

We were in Epcot this afternoon and evening, it was busy, headliners were averaging 2hour wait times. We had FP and dinner at Garden Grill, the WS was not horrible. I have seen it much busier especially around Easter.

We were also at Epcot today. Rode the rides this a.m. without fast passes. Waits were quicker than posted. FEA was posted at 80 minutes. We were on in 45.

WS was busy, but we did all we wanted to do.

We had an amazing day - Test Track, FEA, Mission Space, Figment, Character Spot, and Le Cellier for lunch! We did some of the Chip and Dale search and looked around countries before it got a little too crowded for us around 2:00. We went back to the Boardwalk for a swim, ate dinner, then saw a Frozen holiday wish, went on 3 MK rides, saw part of the Tomorrowland Holiday show, did the HEA dessert party, saw the fireworks, took a bus back and we were at our hotel at 11:00. We figured we wouldn't get much done today, but it was amazing! We just needed to get up early and use FP+.

We were at HS this morning. It was crowded. I’d give it an 8 on a scale of 1-10. We were only doing kiddie stuff for the 2 year old, so I can’t say what the headliner wait times were. We hopped to Epcot and FEA had a 120 minute wait.

We got to HS around 1:00. Walked into Belle show and then saw Santa. Had fast pass for Star Tours. Watched Star Wars show and then did fast pass for Toy Story. Lined up for Frozen show and did that at 4:30. Checked in for dinner at Hollywood & Dine for Minnie's holiday dinner. Went over to see Tower of Terror with all the lights and music. Watched Jingle fireworks. Ran back to Star Tours and rode 3 more times before closing.

We were at universal on Saturday. Busy busy busy. We had express so we didn't have VERY long waits but the express lines waits were probably all at least 20 mins. Lots of people but lots of fun too

I was at MK yesterday afternoon/early evening. It was crowded. Like long line for the carousel crowded.
We had fun, we bought some ears, did our FP rides, had snacks (mobile ordering for the win), saw the castle lighting and headed out.
The good part about the crowd yesterday was the weather was pretty great, so while you might wait in long lines, you weren’t steaming in the heat.
One thing I did notice yesterday, if you are data conscious, I kept getting kicked off the WiFi, most likely due to the crowds. Not a big deal, but all the Disney stuff can eat a lot of data, so be aware.

Last edited:
I was at MK yesterday. Sure it was crowded. Wait times were about the same as they were 2 weeks ago

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter