Satellite Falls not "falling"?

Prose

DIS Veteran
On our recent Fantasy sailing, we went to Satellite Falls several times, but the water was never cascading over the satellite "ball." I know one day it was very windy, but don't know why it would have been turned off on the other days. Has anyone seen the waterfall on recently?

On our recent Fantasy sailing, we went to Satellite Falls several times, but the water was never cascading over the satellite "ball." I know one day it was very windy, but don't know why it would have been turned off on the other days. Has anyone seen the waterfall on recently?

It doesn't flow over the ball. It comes out of a little lip that's underneath the ball. And it ebbs and flows. Sometimes it's flowing hard, other times just dribbling. I did notice when the ship is in motion, and it's very windy, the flow seemed to be quite minimal.

You can kind of see where the water is coming from in this picture:
35bz23n.jpg

The only times I remember it being on was when we were stopped and it wasn't windy. :confused3

Ditto, don't know the exact schedule of it but it seems to be when in port and not windy, though I couldn't swear it is never on while at sea.

It was this way in July 2012 and again in July 2014 (sometimes days on, some days off).

MJ

Thanks for the photo - In my mind from the last time I saw the water coming down (October of 2013), it was coming from higher up. In any case, although the pool around it was full, we never saw any water falling on this sailing. On the Eastern sailing last year, it seemed like the water fell almost constantly.

It was fun one day this year to sit in the pool up there - the ship was moving so much with was like a little wave pool :-).

The fountain was also not working on the funnel puddle pool on the Fantasy when we were on a few weeks ago...and we went when we were stopped at port.

We have noticed that the "falls" are turned way down or off on windy days, as the spray seems to carry across most of the deck in all directions.

Understandable as it's a ship on the sea.

I'm just off of the Fantasy as well and the falls were off on Thursday but I remember them being on for most of the week. This was my first time on the Fantasy so I don't know how their timing is supposed to work, but they looked nice.

It was working the week before your cruise when I was on it. It did have bouts of being stronger than others however.

Hmmm - we were up there when we were in port in Cozumel, and it still didn't seem to be going. Oh well, it's still my favorite spot on the ship!

The view from inside Satellite Falls last week

satfalls.jpg

I miss it :)

Me too. I only got up there once and it was after we cut our time in San Juan short because it was hot, we were all melting. We had a great quiet afternoon just soaking there with our friends.
Mmmmmm...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter