Santa's Village is hoping to be open this year after being closed for a couple of decades.

Darkbeer1

Theme Park Reporter and TV producer
I was very excited to here this news...

http://www.pe.com/articles/thanksgiving-816757-crews-venue.html

>>
The return of Santa’s Village will create a new entertainment mecca for the western side of the San Bernardino Mountains.

The new Skypark at Santa’s Village will include an ice skating rink, a log cabin community of singing characters and actors, new restaurants — one with an electric train zooming above diners – and multiple adventure activities.

And the park will meld technology and nature as Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) will allow the Village’s Santa to know what children want for Christmas (because the parents write that down before entering the park), and customers of a log cabin bar sip their brews resting on oakwood.<<

Here is the official website.

http://skyparksantasvillage.com/

OMG! That is so cool. The only time I actually went to it was on its last day of operation. We had driven by it a couple times and always wanted to go and finally were able to squeeze in a visit right at the end of it's life. We had snow that day, too. So much fun. I can't believe all the cool stuff we have here in southern California. No reason to ever leave. :P

I remember going to Santa's Village once when I was about 5 years old. I loved it! Hoping I'll get a chance to share it with my kids. This is so exciting!

I've been following this off and on for a while. From what I can tell it's not going to be much like the SV I remember from my childhood and that I took my own kids to in the early '90s, meaning not really a 'theme park'. More of a 'sports park' with a North Pole themed gift shop, bar, and eatery that's expected to cost around $40.00 per person to enter and use the facilities.

From what I can tell it's not going to be much like the SV I remember from my childhood
I agree. It doesn't look like the cute little rides that they used to have. I am still interested in going to it sometime, though. It does look like a one and done thing for me.

Got an e-mail today from Santa's Village....

>>We want to keep you apprised of what's happening. We have decided not to sell Skypark at Santa's Village tickets at this time. We will sell them when we have a commitment on the issuance of a Temporary Use Permit from the County of San Bernardino. <<

Post a TR. I'm not local anymore l but I still 'go home' at times to visit family. Interested to know if it's worth a trip.

Hi, I just got back home from my vacation, and santas village was our last stop.

I would say, overall, my experience was negative, but that was mainly because it was too crowded, but it's also because there just isn't enough to do, for the price they are charging. The polar express train is cute, but its slow and only about 8 people can ride at a time. Wait time was at least 45 minutes, and we just gave up.

Same thing with meeting Santa. Line for me was shorter at DCA, and by luck we happened to meet Santa when he was on his way to lunch or something, so that was good enough for my son.

It's all very cute, but there just isn't enough to do. Also, they didn't have their liquor license yet, but they are advertising alcohol. I didn't care, but there were a couple people complaining.

They have plans for more stuff, so maybe when that happens it will be worth it.

I think they have more shops and eateries than actual attractions. My son wanted to leave at 3pm, so we didn't stay until the end.

Also, the traffic was horrendous getting there on highway 330. Took me at least an extra 30minutes to get there. Most of the traffic I assume was going to big bear, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter