Sandy Introducing herself

macsandy1957

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm Sandy. I will be returning to Disneyworld this fall with Eric, my adult mentally handicapped son (functioning age 10 or 11). I surprised him 3 years ago for his 30th birthday with a trip, but he knows about and is having lots of fun helping to plan this trip. His birthday is November 3rd and he wants to go again at that time because he loved loved loved all the cast members and other guests wishing him a happy birthday. (we were there for 11 days and he wore his birthday button almost everyday, haha) I wanted to go early October because on our one day at the beach in November it was too cold to get in the water. Will it be warm enough early October? Anyway, didn't mean to write a novel, just wanted to say Hi! and thanks for all the great info on this board!

Hi, I'm Sandy. I will be returning to Disneyworld this fall with Eric, my adult mentally handicapped son (functioning age 10 or 11). I surprised him 3 years ago for his 30th birthday with a trip, but he knows about and is having lots of fun helping to plan this trip. His birthday is November 3rd and he wants to go again at that time because he loved loved loved all the cast members and other guests wishing him a happy birthday. (we were there for 11 days and he wore his birthday button almost everyday, haha) I wanted to go early October because on our one day at the beach in November it was too cold to get in the water. Will it be warm enough early October? Anyway, didn't mean to write a novel, just wanted to say Hi! and thanks for all the great info on this board!

:welcome: As far as the "beach" question--- Would it work for you to consider the Gulf of Mexico side over the Atlantic? I know it's further, but I've found it warmer longer. If not, I have visited the Atlantic side but in Miami in the late fall and could get in the water. I guess it's really up to how the weather goes:confused3

It's a great idea to wear the birthday button every day while at WDW--we did that in January with DGS for 8 days and was impressed with how many CMs acknowledged him.

:welcome:Dis Friend & :thanks: for sharing your story..:goodvibes Love to hear about Magical Moments.

thanks for the welcome! Now I'm thinking of renting a car and driving further south than Clearwater Beach, which is where we went last time, and flying out of Miami or somewhere.

Welcome, Sandy! (That's my sister's name, too!) I hope you and your son have a wonderful vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter