Sanaa or Boma for dinner?

crazycatlady

DIS Veteran
My dad and I are going to DW in November and want to try one of these restaurants. Both menus appeal to us. We like the idea of a buffet so that we could try a number of different things, but my dad would really like to try Tandoori chicken or shrimp. We don't want to go to both because it is my dad's first visit and there are many other restaurants he wants to try. Opinions?

Boma for sure. The variety is fantastic. Didn't care for Sanaa that much did both last week. I would eat at boma for the salmon and coconut rice anytime

I would choose Sanaa. The atmosphere is better, and although the menu is more limited, the food is great. Boma is nice but too expensive and noisy for my taste.

I suspect if you did a poll, it would be 50/50 results.

Sanaa for us. Lots of great options on the menu. Boma is way over priced for a buffet.

For me, the difference is that Sanaa (delicious!) is more adventurous/ spicy eating. The atmosphere is great with the animals nearby. Boma has an enormous selection of foods that you may/ may not have the opportunity to eat depending on where you live. I love both!! :thumbsup2

Sanaa, but I really am not a big buffet person. I love the atmosphere and food at Sanaa and go every trip.

I personally prefer the variety at Boma, but that buffet line gets looooooong. Sanaa was just OK for me, but I wasn't that excited about the menu to begin with.

Boma is a buffet, and while tasty enough, much like any buffet the dishes are generally toned down or may not remain fresh for long. Sana'a is a la carte, so your selections will be more limited; however, as a general rule the spices and seasoning there are more prevalent, and the dishes are made-to-order fresh. I recommend either but prefer Sana'a. ;)

How spicy is the food at Sanaa? I really want to give it a try and have been looking at the butter chicken, short ribs or tandoori shirmp as options, but I really can't do anything spicy hot because my gums are super sensitive. Thanks!

We eat Indian food all the time. Butter chicken is not spicy I have yet to have spicy Tandoori anything unless otherwise requested. I can't speak for the short ribs there. I will warn you to stay away from the Vindaloo. That is usually the spiciest dish on the menu at our local Indian restaurants (and a favorite of mine!).

How spicy is the food at Sanaa? I really want to give it a try and have been looking at the butter chicken, short ribs or tandoori shirmp as options, but I really can't do anything spicy hot because my gums are super sensitive. Thanks!
Not all of the dishes are spicy hot, and your server will be able to help you with those that are. As mentioned, the butter chicken and the tandoori dishes tend to be well-seasoned but not particularly spicy as in hot. Do be aware that the sauces coming with the na'an can be hot, so again, check with your server. They're usually quite good at steering you away from hot dishes. :thumbsup2

Thanks Bree and Sleepydog25, I will leave it on the list and give it a try. As long as it isn't hot spicy, I am good. I really appreciate the responses! :wave2:

Thanks Bree and Sleepydog25, I will leave it on the list and give it a try. As long as it isn't hot spicy, I am good. I really appreciate the responses! :wave2:
Enjoy! Oh, on our last trip we were seated next to a window and saw several animals including some tall bird (crested ibis?) that peered in desperately wanting to eat off a nearby table. :thumbsup2

Thanks, everyone! My dad and I really like spicy, so I think Sanaa may be the right choice for us. We are going the week before Thanksgiving. If we have an ADR for 6:00, do you think it will be light enough to see any animals?

i much prefer boma. i have never seen any dish look like it has been out too long. it is always fresh.::yes:: we all love the soups.

we did not like the spicy food at sanaa. :rolleyes2 i like spicy but that actually burned my mouth. but the atmosphere and the animal viewing is fantastic.

we also love jiko in jambo house.:thumbsup2 beautiful and pleasant.

Thanks, everyone! My dad and I really like spicy, so I think Sanaa may be the right choice for us. We are going the week before Thanksgiving. If we have an ADR for 6:00, do you think it will be light enough to see any animals?
I think waiting until 6 p.m. would be a risk since you'd be a mere four weeks away from the shortest day of the year. I believe Sana'a opens at 5 p.m., and during that time of year, the park hours are shorter, too. If it were me, I'd work my schedule to have one of the earliest ADR times on a day when MK or another park had late EMH or make an earlier ADR on a day when all the parks close relatively early. Then again, others might have a better idea. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter