Sanaa - Bread Service TO GO???

jhammond3966

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if you can get the Indian Bread Service with all the dipping sauces from the Restaurant or Sanaa Lounge to go?

I will just say that generally speaking no WDW table service restaurant is set-up for take out.

We ordered it while at our sit down, didn't finish it and they kindly wrapped it to go. The bread was in foil and the dipping sauces were in small plastic condiment containers. It was so amazing we think about it often can't wait to have it again! Enjoy!

We ordered it while at our sit down, didn't finish it and they kindly wrapped it to go. The bread was in foil and the dipping sauces were in small plastic condiment containers. It was so amazing we think about it often can't wait to have it again! Enjoy!

Of course, if you dine in, you can take leftovers with you! The question was, I believe, about ordering it somewhere "to go". I wouldn't doubt if you are staying at the AKL you might be able to order it with room service (thinking of the 'Ohana dinner that can be delivered as room service for Poly guests) but everything I've ever read on these boards suggest that you cannot order carry-out from table service restaurants. I am very curious to read how the above poster (average Joes) managed it!

Of course, if you dine in, you can take leftovers with you! The question was, I believe, about ordering it somewhere "to go". I wouldn't doubt if you are staying at the AKL you might be able to order it with room service (thinking of the 'Ohana dinner that can be delivered as room service for Poly guests) but everything I've ever read on these boards suggest that you cannot order carry-out from table service restaurants. I am very curious to read how the above poster (average Joes) managed it!
Even though this is not referring to Sanaa, I have ordered "to go" at the Wave. We ate dinner there and loved a particular salad. We asked if there was a way to get one to go. We were headed into the MK for a bit and then returned to the bar area at the Wave a few hours later and they got it for me from the kitchen. (I will add that I do have dietary issues so maybe they went a little above and beyond.) I am not sure if all places will do this but it's always worth asking.

Even though this is not referring to Sanaa, I have ordered "to go" at the Wave. We ate dinner there and loved a particular salad. We asked if there was a way to get one to go. We were headed into the MK for a bit and then returned to the bar area at the Wave a few hours later and they got it for me from the kitchen. (I will add that I do have dietary issues so maybe they went a little above and beyond.) I am not sure if all places will do this but it's always worth asking.

Good to hear. I am hoping to be able to go over to the Sanaa Lounge and order it there, have a drink, then bring it back to our resort. As long as they have the little condiment containers, which it sounds like they do, then they should be able to sell anything that way. A little tip to the bartender probably would make it happen. Or at least that is my hope. I'll probably spend way too much time and money getting to/from Kidani Village to go get that Indian Bread Service than I want to spend, but I had to change our plans and can't make a meal there work with our schedule anymore. So, glad to hear that there at least might be a chance that I can do this.

I just went to the bar at lunchtime and ordered in my bathing suit and shirt. Classy :) It was just like walking in to any restaurant and ordering off the menu for takeout. The order came back as any takeout would. I would ask for extra of a certain sauce if you have a preference. Might not be enough as it comes in those regular shot sized containers I think. I can't recall specifically. I would also call ahead to order instead of having to wait.

I just went to the bar at lunchtime and ordered in my bathing suit and shirt. Classy :) It was just like walking in to any restaurant and ordering off the menu for takeout. The order came back as any takeout would. I would ask for extra of a certain sauce if you have a preference. Might not be enough as it comes in those regular shot sized containers I think. I can't recall specifically. I would also call ahead to order instead of having to wait.

That is so cool! I'll bet a lot of people will want to take advantage of this!

I did this on my last trip and took the bread home with me (literally, home...I put it in my luggage and ate it when I got home)!

I asked the bartender at Sanaa lounge this very question a few weeks ago and was told that yes, you can absolutely order the bread service to-go from the lounge.

Yes! I went to the lounge to order and picked it up tonight. My husband and I had a full Sanaa dinner in our room while the kids were sleeping. They put all of the sauces in to go cups.

I've read multiple reports on either the Dis or Disney blogs suggesting people do just this. So unless they stop doing it in the future, it will be possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter