Sanaa animal viewing at dinner..

Dizzytime

DIS Veteran
I asked this as a tag-along question a few days back but got no response, so if you don't mind I'll copy and paste it here on it's own, and hopefully get some advice from anyone who's been there lately:

For Sanaa, I see currently posted (if it's correct) that lunch is served 11:30am to 3:00pm and dinner is 5:00-9:30pm. Assuming that's true, at this time of year is there much of a chance of seeing animals if we were to get a 5:00 window table? Or is it too close to dark? Or maybe seeing them for an hour or so? I know nothing is ever certain when it comes to the animals, but we're debating lunch vs dinner and much prefer the dinner menu.... but of course would love to have a chance of seeing the wonderful animals while we eat!.

We're really looking forward to it, and any thoughts are much appreciated so thanks in advance!.
Hope you all are having a magical day. :goodvibes

at this time of year is there much of a chance of seeing animals if we were to get a 5:00 window table? Or is it too close to dark?
I live only a few miles from AKL. Sunset today is at 5:52. Right now its 5:35 and still plenty light out. However, you are right to be concerned as once it does get dark the windows are more like mirrors. So, if going soon, get the earliest time you can grab.

Get a ressie as early as you can. Also, when finished, you can walk over to Jambo House and look out on the Savannah for a little more nighttime viewing.

You will get some light before it gets completely dark at 5pm. I've only been to Sanaa for lunch and it was very good food!

This is true on all accounts. As PP's have stated, there is so much to do & see at these sister resorts. (Both are great & need ample time) to see everything...

I've been at Sanaa twice. both at around 530 or so. Once in November & the other was in either April or August *(can't remember that one) but for sure that trip we did see animals in bunches for most of the dinner. This past trip (Nov. )not so much.

Thanks very much for all of your replies. All good advice, and very nice to know your experiences/opinions, especially considering Dec/Jan are the shortest days of the year. Nothing wrong with an afternoon lunch instead of an early dinner if we want more animal viewing opportunities, or we may have lots of time for that before dinner in that wonderful AKL location. Either way, we'll enjoy every minute of it and know how lucky we are to be there.
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. :goodvibes

Thanks very much for all of your replies. All good advice, and very nice to know your experiences/opinions, especially considering Dec/Jan are the shortest days of the year. Nothing wrong with an afternoon lunch instead of an early dinner if we want more animal viewing opportunities, or we may have lots of time for that before dinner in that wonderful AKL location. Either way, we'll enjoy every minute of it and know how lucky we are to be there.
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. :goodvibes

Keep in mind, that the ambience is one of the draws here, because of the animals & stuff, but the food & staff are top notch as well.:thumbsup2 ENJOY

Depending on the size of your party, they give priority to 4+ at a table by the window. There are so many windows at AKL that you won't miss a chance to see the savannah.

The food is one of the best on property IMO. Once you start eating it will probably get dark and you won't see anything anyway.

Had a 5:50 ADR on 1/11. We got there early to check out the animals in their viewing spots and relax in their rocking chairs. We checked in early to our ADR, got a window view for our meal, and we were able to watch a few animals (including 4 giraffes) walking by, but I feel it would be hit or miss. By the middle of the meal it was dark outside, but afterwards we went and hung out by the fire pit to take in the atmosphere. They also had night vision goggles to use to view the animals.

We ate here on Monday and had a 5:00 ADR. It was plenty light enough to see the animals throughout our meal and started getting dark as we were leaving. I would do this time again in the winter.

Last edited:
I'm learning a lot with each post, and that's a big reason is why I love this place.

If we end up deciding on a dinner reservation, if we can swing it we're now considering spending a night or two at AKL, just to be relaxed and make sure we get our fill of all that wonderful setting has to offer.
Like most of the 'hard' decisions we all have to make when planing a trip to DW, I think, usually, even though there's always a LOT of options there are no wrong choices... so from time to time I like to remind myself the that whatever we decide it's going to be good!

Thanks again, everyone. Sure hope you are all having a magical weekend. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter