San DIego, Security & Disabilities

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
I know at our local airport there is a system to expedite passing through security for those with disabilities that create a problem with standing for long periods.
Does anyone know if San Diego Port security has anything like this?

I believe you’re sailing concierge? Most of your questions you would be best answered by phoning the shoreside concierge team. They’re going to be the ones to help and can probably provide some suggestions about security.

Given the track record, Disney has with their call-in services (you know the old ask 3 people, get 3 answers thing), I think I am at least equally and probably better off asking those on the forums who have personal experience in the port.

I believe you’re sailing concierge? Most of your questions you would be best answered by phoning the shoreside concierge team. They’re going to be the ones to help and can probably provide some suggestions about security.

I know at our local airport there is a system to expedite passing through security for those with disabilities that create a problem with standing for long periods.
Does anyone know if San Diego Port security has anything like this?

I would just wait and get on the ship after 1:30p. By then the crowds should have died down and you should just be able to walk through security without much waiting.

I have sailed from San Diego 3 times and I don't recall seeing a special screening area for those that are disabled or needing assistance. If you show up when they first open the port you will have a substantial line to wait in, not long but could affect you if you can't stand for long periods of time. I know you say you don't have a wheelchair. They may be able to offer you one to get you through the check in process. Once waiting for the ship they have plenty of seating. If they do have wheelchairs available you may want to keep it until you get on the ship as a line sometimes forms when waiting to be announced.

San Diego was the easiest security and boarding line we've experienced. The line was long-is, but kept moving. I was concerned, not so much for physical reasons, but because my son is autistic and 'waiting in a line' is not his specialty. It was a positive experience in terms of his needs. There were plenty of port CMs around. I'm sure if you asked them, they could accommodate your needs.

Thank you for this =)

San Diego was the easiest security and boarding line we've experienced. The line was long-is, but kept moving. I was concerned, not so much for physical reasons, but because my son is autistic and 'waiting in a line' is not his specialty. It was a positive experience in terms of his needs. There were plenty of port CMs around. I'm sure if you asked them, they could accommodate your needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter