San Angel Inn Reservation - Wait in Line?

SarahC97

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation for lunch at San Angel Inn next Friday at 1 pm. I know there's been a line to get into the Mexico Pavilion lately so I'm wondering if we need to make sure we have plenty of time to wait to get into the building for our reservation or if they allow people in with a reservation without waiting in line? How does that work now? Thanks!

You will go to the appropriate cast member (ours was found under the yellow umbrella) and they will direct you to an alternative entrance. They told us we could only arrive about 15 minutes before our scheduled reservation and when we did we had to show them our dining confirmation. Then we were walked right in - felt like a VIP :)

Same as disfoodie but we were allowed in 30 min before our res and check in the restaurant was 15 min before. That was thanksgiving day.

Correct!

The line is for #1entering the pavillion to shop or #2 wait in line for the Gran Fiesta ride or #3 get in line for La Cava Tequilla Bar (take out orders only)

After eating, are you able to wander the pavilion for shopping and go on the ride?

After eating, are you able to wander the pavilion for shopping and go on the ride?
Yes. We’ve done this twice now and were able to shop while waiting for the ADR and ride Gran Fiesta after dining. Once you’re in you’re part of the capacity and are free to wander.

Last edited:
For anyone who's eaten there recently, were the tables spaced apart?

Wand
Wonder the pavilion, YES before and after eating.
The ride, graciously you should exit and get back in line. Otherwise you are "cutting in" line.

For anyone who's eaten there recently, were the tables spaced apart?

Out table was so close to the check in stand that we actually never had to walk around to our table so I can't give you a great answer. But our table was spaced from the closest table to us- if that makes any sense. I can tell you that the pavilion was busy with shoppers so if you do not want to be within that 6 ft guideline, this won't be comfortable for you.

Wand

Wonder the pavilion, YES before and after eating.
The ride, graciously you should exit and get back in line. Otherwise you are "cutting in" line.

Well, I doubt anyone is doing that.

Technically like above poster said - once you are in the pavilion you are counted as one of the bodies.

Using your line of reasoning, if you were in line to ride the ride, wouldn't you need to leave and get in line again if you wanted to shop or get some tequila?

It seems once you are in, you are in to do whatever you want! The line outside is just to get in the pavilion. Unless I'm wrong, but they don't ask what you are in line for, right? Outside of restaurant reservations. Or is there a separate line for the ride outside? :)

Technically like above poster said - once you are in the pavilion you are counted as one of the bodies.

Using your line of reasoning, if you were in line to ride the ride, wouldn't you need to leave and get in line again if you wanted to shop or get some tequila?

It seems once you are in, you are in to do whatever you want! The line outside is just to get in the pavilion. Unless I'm wrong, but they don't ask what you are in line for, right? Outside of restaurant reservations. Or is there a separate line for the ride outside? :)

The pavilion itself makes it hard to "control" once inside. The line for the ride is on the left side and there are cast members there so if you suddenly get in line there, all the people standing there in the line will know you just suddenly showed up. They have to "space" the line ( not the 6ft thing). AS far as shopping you're there. The Tequila Bar, you're getting in another line.

Well, I'm not going to worry about it as I doubt it will be an issue when we go.

Once you get to the front of the line inside the pavilion they ask if you're going to the ride or the tequila cave and direct you to the correct line from there. If you're just shopping you are free to wander at that point.
There wasn't always a line to get inside the pavilion when we were there, mainly on weekend days and later in the afternoon/evening (it was during Food and Wine).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter