Sally Costume - Help! - PICTURES PAGE 3

Tink91

DIS Veteran
PICTURES ON PAGE 3!

So, I am going to a Halloween party and I want to go as Sally. I have already decided that I hate the costumes you can buy online and in Australia a Halloween shop is basically non existant. I found this picture .....

2052294040_8cd5940353.jpg

and I want to look exactly like this girl is dressed. I think I will just buy a dress and stitch patchwork over the top with thick black string or something similar but I need tips on the make up.... How on earth do i get myself to look that pale, I am pretty pale as it is but not ghostly like she is.

Thanks for your help :)

Use a thick black pen for the stiches, the contrast will show up more and make you look whiter.

But it will be me having to come up with ideas to remove the "stitches" before she goes to work on Monday...."Mum help.....!!!!!!!":sad2:

ohh mother and daughter ..skiingfast babe, did u see they are from sydney.. i used to live there

I work in a Corporate Office, I don't think my boss would be pleased if I turned up to work with black stiches across my face :rotfl:

Try the samples at a make up counter a local department store. You'll have an idea of what shade you need to go for. Probably 2-3 lighter and on the cool side. Then go to the drug store or Walmart, if you have them there, and buy the cheapest foundation, the lightest, whitest color face powder you can; also get some make up sponges. Moisturize your skin, anywhere you'll use the foundation. Using a sponge put on an even coat of make up and use a black eyeliner pencil to make stitches. You also might try a semi liquid eyeliner pencil for a deeper black and more line definition. Lastly set everything with the powder.

Buy it a head of time and see how much it takes to get the effect you want. Two light coats might be better than one thick. If the foundation is still too dark go to a beauty store and get a bottle of white makeup to mix in and lighten the foundation.

Hope this helps. Don't forget to post a pic.

Thanks!!

Unfortunately I already use the lightest foundation colour available but I hadn't thought of mixing in white with it.

I will do some test runs and let you know how it turns out

No Walmart here I am afraid- wish there was one!!!
Wow Funball, very rich area...we live on the other side of the Harbour Bridge:laughing:

We just ordered the bundle at Walmart online they were a good deal, $85 for both together. I'm not going to draw stitches on my face just do white make up and dark eyes. Have fun! :goodvibes

Thanks!!

Unfortunately I already use the lightest foundation colour available but I hadn't thought of mixing in white with it.

I will do some test runs and let you know how it turns out

As someone who also wears the lightest colour and also as an ex-goth the answer is surprisingly easy, regular ivory/porcelain foundation set with talc. It might not look 'white' but it does the job and looks really ghostly in photos. That really white stuff the old school goths use is terribly messy and I've got no idea where you'd get it now (clown school maybe :) ). For the stitches I'd use one of those liquid eyeliner pens- the felt tip ones not the brush.

Generally at Halloween time Hot topic sells white "goth" make up its a very light powder so you wont get that caked on look (if you dont have a hot topic Im pretty sure you can order it online) also a good cheap eyeliner pen will work for the stitches and come off easily with make up remover. Good luck with your costume!

For the stitches just use eyeliner, if you can find some liquid black that would be the best, you can just make the lines thicker to make the stitches look thicker. :) It's really not hard at all, I've done it on my girls a lot, the liquid liner just washes off with soap and water.

For the skin I'd use Ben Nye theater make-up. They even sell a sealer so it stays on until you remove it :) I'd buy a light blue for the skin. For the stitches you can use eyelash glue and glue pieces of yarn to your skin so it looks like stitches :) If not use eyeliner.
Buy some large eyelashes so your eyes pop more. Don't forget blush, it'll contrast against the blue and make you look paler. You can buy tights and gloves at http://www.welovecolors.com/ that match the make-up so you don't have to apply it all over your body.

For the dress, etsy sells lots of them. Or you can patch together one too :)

Oh! Don't forget a long red/orange wig!

I wouldn't worry to much about using a pen. Haven't you ever seen a drunk pass out and people drew on her or him. It washes off. No problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter