Said to say but Disney's resorts are too high for me

I would not put 8 people in a Windsor Hills townhome. While it's large enough to sleep that many, the living/dining areas are really not large enough for that size group.

I would not put 8 people in a Windsor Hills townhome. While it's large enough to sleep that many, the living/dining areas are really not large enough for that size group.

:thumbsup2 Good to know. I've never been in the townhomes. I just thought it might be a better option than 2 AS rooms. Sorry. :scared:

Check InApril 03, 2009 Check OutApril 11, 2009 Staying for8 nights, 9 days Adults2 Children2 Room All Star Music -TypeStandard Room Tickets9-Day Magic Your Way Ticket w/Hopping & Water Park Fun & More *PackageMagic Your Way Package
Hope it make some sence for you now. Believe me if you can figure out a cheaper way to go then I would be delighted!

Oh ! Thanks so much Disneydreamer. So you added in the cost of all the Hoppers too ! I thought you meant that was just for the two connecting rooms. In your original post, all you mentioned was the 2 connecting value rooms. Now it's MUCH clearer to me ! ;)

The two rooms alone with no hoppers would be $2,440 for the 9 nights. Because technically, you have to add in the cost of the hoppers and $12/day parking if you stay offsite. That's $108 in parking alone. If you go to the link below and sign up for the Mousesaver's newsletter, you get one email a month (on the 15th) that gives u a link to a special Mousesaver's discount on hoppers. I calculated $2,263 for 7 day Hoppers with Water Park days (you don't really need a 10 day hopper because you'll be using a couple days at the water parks. I chose "expiring" hoppers because they are cheaper than non-expiring.

So your grand total for 2 standard rooms at All Star Music PLUS the eight (7 day with water park) Hoppers comes to = $4,703.

PS: YOu are there Easter week which is probably Disney's busiest or second busiest times of the year ! I did the same week in 1999 and swore NEVER AGAIN ! But April 12 is Easter so this is why you are paying top dollar for the ALL Star rooms. If you went one week later (April 17-26), the cost for 2 Value rooms would be : $2,306 + the 8 Hoppers $2,263 = $4,569 (this is $1,000 less than your original quote in your OP !) :)

If you decide to go with offsite, you'll still have to add on the $2,263 for the Hoppers because that $5,500 price tag in your OP included 8 Hoppers and that is why it seemed so high to me. So thank you for taking the time to explain. Hope the Mousesaver's link helps you out a bit. Honestly, they have the cheapest hoppers I've been able to find when going through that discount link on the 15th of each month. Good luck !

http://www.mousesavers.com/newsletter.html

http://www.mousesavers.com/index.html

We've stayed both off site and on. Each has its own benefits. Being there for such a long time, you would really benefit from a house with laundry (given the extra fees for baggage these days). With a full kitchen, you can enjoy breakfast at the house, including coffee. The house we stayed in (Emeraldhunnypot.com) at Emerald Isle had two master suites with baths plus two additional bedrooms and a full bath; there was a pool and hot tub out back plus the resort amenities. It was a nice place to have some quiet time between the parks, let the kids watch a movie or play pool (in the garage) while we showered, etc. For such a large group I would highly recommend this. I loved staying onsite but think after five days or so a hotel room would just become too cramped. Good luck on your choice.

Kim

I loved staying onsite but think after five days or so a hotel room would just become too cramped.

Kim,
I have to say I agree. We prefer onsite too....but then again, most longer stays we do with our DVC points in 1 or 2 bedroom villas with kitchens and laundry. So I have to agree. Eight people in two value rooms x 9 days would feel cramped.

To the OP : Maybe split the stay between both and see what you prefer ? Or....better yet.....rent a DVC villa from a Member and put all 8 in 2 bedroom villa ? You could rent OKW 2 bedroom villa (which are the largest rooms of the DVC's) for a relatively reasonable price for being on disney property. A two bedroom villa would give u 1 king bed, 2 queen beds and a queen size pullout sofa bed---along with a full kitchen/laundry.

Alot of Members rent out points for about $10/point.
A weeknight stay in Jan, Sept, or first 2 weeks in Dec would be about $220/night.

A stay during Oct, or all of Nov (except Thanksgiving) would be $240/night.

Summer stays would be more around $300/night. Just a thought. Not sure if it's in your budget, but staying onsite in a villa is the best of both worlds to me.

Ummmm.... I refuse to stay in a Disney Value Resort when for the same price I can stay in a 2 bedroom villa offsite- maybe it's just me, but when I vacation I don't want to be in one room with my kids :) I like to spread out.

Enjoy- look around you will find A LOT of wonderful offsite places to stay and maximize your $$$.

Ummmm.... I refuse to stay in a Disney Value Resort when for the same price I can stay in a 2 bedroom villa offsite- maybe it's just me, but when I vacation I don't want to be in one room with my kids I like to spread out.

Enjoy- look around you will find A LOT of wonderful offsite places to stay and maximize your $$$.

Abharmagic ~
Totally agree with you on maximizing dollars by staying offsite. I don't think anyone would disagree about you on that point.

But staying on disney property is not about saving money necessarily. Staying onsite puts you in the middle of the magic. Not everyone appreciates this of course.

I can't tell you how much my children's eyes lit up whenever we stayed onsite at the values. Seeing a larger than life Buzz Lightyear outside your room (that was a big hit that year !)....staying in a room that is 101 Dalmations themed....interactive fountains with Goofy....colorful & lively food courts........not to mention ease of (and saving on a car rental) of using disney transporation to get around.

Even now, as my kids are teens, they prefer using the disney busses because they can come and go as they please. In 2007, took my dd's and their friends to WDW. We stayed at POP. The girls loved branching out and going off to the parks by themselves. Extra Magic Hour....themeing...package delivery to your resort......reasons for many to stay onsite.

So no, it's not just you Abharmagic that prefer staying offsite in a villa. But there are also many people who prefer onsite perks and themeing. So noone would disagree with you about saving money----but it's not always about that for everyone. Fortunately, Orlando has alot to offer all different vacation tastes and preferences. :thumbsup2

I've never been in the townhomes. I just thought it might be a better option than 2 AS rooms. Sorry.
Well, if those are the two choices, the townhome will absolutely be more comfortable. But, I'd go with a 4BR instead. It wouldn't be that much more expensive, but would fit the travel party much better.

The question of onsite or off is one that has no single answer. Everyone must decide for themselves whether the onsite premium in dollars is worth the (tangible and intangible) benefits. Different people will value those differently, and so different people will come to different conclusions.

I enjoy my onsite stays, and do think they bring additional value. But they come by virtue of exchanging other (much less expensive) timeshare weeks into DVC---it costs about the same for me to stay in a DVC unit as it does to use my Wyndham points to stay at Bonnet Creek. While that's true, staying onsite is a no-brainer for me, because while Bonnet Creek is lovely and sits in an excellent location, being in a Disney resort does add value.

If, for some reason, those DVC exchanges were no longer possible---a very real possibility---I'd rather just stay at Bonnet Creek than spend the additional money to stay onsite.

The difference in cost between a 2BR in Bonnet Creek and a 2BR at OKW rented from an owner would be at least $1500, and that's more than being onsite is worth to me. It's less than being onsite is worth to others, though, and that's why Baskin Robins has 31 flavors.

A friend of a friend recommended All Star Homes. I haven't stayed in one because I have other options but it sounded impressive. The thing is...a big pool is a big deal for me. So I'd probably pick a timeshare or hotel suite with a beautiful pool over a vacation home where everyone can go hide in separate bedrooms. Especially if you weren't planning to cook and it doesn't sound like you are. Some of the timeshares come with 4 bedrooms.

I enjoy my onsite stays, and do think they bring additional value. But they come by virtue of exchanging other (much less expensive) timeshare weeks into DVC---it costs about the same for me to stay in a DVC unit as it does to use my Wyndham points to stay at Bonnet Creek.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter