Safe deposit boxes

goofymom/pop

<font color=deeppink>oh where oh where can the tag
hi all.....does anyone know if there are safes or safety deposit. Ones you can use prior to receiving your room?

There are safes in the room (obviously need to have room access first). I'm not aware of any safety deposit boxes.

Last time we were at the Boardwalk Inn, the safe in our room didn't work when we got in our room. It was Sunday afternoon, and the person they sent up to look at it couldn't get it to work and said they would have to call the company that fixes the safes on Monday. Anyhow, we were told that there were safe deposit boxes down at the front desk that we could use if we liked. So they do exist but I don't know if that is true at all resorts, just deluxe resorts....etc.

Edited: just found info in the following blog. Refer to paragraph after bell services photo, it addresses safety deposit boxes:
http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/03/12/staying-safe-at-walt-disney-world-tips-for-you-your-family/

Last edited:
At POP we have safes in every room. I have been using it for the past decade and have never had a problem! (Except for the fact I forgot I'd put it in there in the first place!!!):)

Thanks...I think I will call AOA or Disney to see about the safety deposit boxes. We arrive at 8 am so I don't think there is. Chance our room will be ready to put things in the safe.

Thanks...I think I will call AOA or Disney to see about the safety deposit boxes. We arrive at 8 am so I don't think there is. Chance our room will be ready to put things in the safe.

All Disney resorts have a Bell Services room with a locked area for storing valuables.

Last time we were at the Boardwalk Inn, the safe in our room didn't work when we got in our room. It was Sunday afternoon, and the person they sent up to look at it couldn't get it to work and said they would have to call the company that fixes the safes on Monday. Anyhow, we were told that there were safe deposit boxes down at the front desk that we could use if we liked. So they do exist but I don't know if that is true at all resorts, just deluxe resorts....etc.

Edited: just found info in the following blog. Refer to paragraph after bell services photo, it addresses safety deposit boxes:
http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/03/12/staying-safe-at-walt-disney-world-tips-for-you-your-family/

We had a similar experience. I went to put some things in the safe and whole who key mechanism came right out!

There should be safe deposit boxes at the front desk. These would be the ones where you have a key and the front desk has a key, and you need both keys to open it. This secures valuables from everyone, including employees. We've used them when the safe in our room was too small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter