Safari ? at AKL

LBKMAMA

Mom of Two Little Pirates & a Princess
What safari can you book if you are staying in a standard view room at AKL.

I thought there was one? But I can only seem to find stuff on Concierge level one?

Any help on price/ days of week it's offered and when to call to book it would be appreciated.

thx
Amy:thumbsup2

We are looking at AKL for March '09. I am pretty sure the sunrise safari is only available to Cong (can't spell it) level.

So here is my question to anyone who might answer the OP. Is it worth paying for that level to get to do this sunrise safari? Is the sunrise safari free for people staying at this level?

I don't believe there's a special safari available to the general AKL guests.

These are a couple of them for the club level guests, they're not free.. something like $50-150 per person.

What are the chances of getting to do the sunrise safari and not being on the club level?

None ! You can book the Wanyama (Sunset) Safari if you're an AKL guest (non-CL level) for $210/pp, but the Sunrise Safari is open to CL guests only.

I may call resort to confirm this unless someone here can for me.

thx

The Sunrise and Sunset Safaris are for club level concierge guests at AKL. We are staying Club Level/Concierge this summer and are doing the Sunrise Safari. It is 55.00 per person. It includes the safari & a breakfast buffet afterwards. I think the safari lasts around 45 mins and then you go to breakfast and then are free to go to the AK park or back to the hotel or whatever you want to do with the rest of your day. Park admission to the AK is NOT included. You do get a FASTPASS on the safari to do the Kilimanjaro safari ride again the normal way, that people do in the AK PARK. The reason why you pay for the one at AKL is because it is backstage like opportunity to see the animals up more closely and they take the time for you to snap pictures and more one on one with talking with the safari guides, etc. Goodluck in your planning :thumbsup2

I do believe the Sunset Safari does do a discounted price for those staying concierge and then regular guests from AKL or elsewhere can do it but it is a good amount more to do so. Sunrise safari is only for concierge/club level guests I do believe. Again, GOODLUCK IN PLANNING:thumbsup2

What are the chances of getting to do the sunrise safari and not being on the club level?

None ! You can book the Wanyama (Sunset) Safari if you're an AKL guest (non-CL level) for $210/pp, but the Sunrise Safari is open to CL guests only.

I may call resort to confirm this unless someone here can for me.

thx

You can get on the Wanyama Sunset safari if you're non-CL level. I have reservations as such A$210/pp on 5/2/08. I am SO excited. They only take 12 ppl. (If you're CL level, it's discounted by $50pp.) At the end of the safari, it includes dinner at JIKO! Doesn't get much better than that! :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter