• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

S/O... Unpopular Film Opinions

I hated Lala Land. Musicals should have happy endings.

wasn't a fan of Lala land either... but as i recall, Fiddler on the Roof didn't have a happy ending.. other than the old man at least acknowledging his daughter as they were getting booted from their home land...

Me too! That's the one where people say he starts to go downhill, but I loved it.

Brian I saw Signs in the theater. I was so jacked when it ended I was ready to kill me some aliens!!! I love the music and the scene when Graham says "Merrill swing away." I still get goosebumps.

Avatar is terrible. Elf is horrible. Jim Carey is annoying.

Most non-Disney/Pixar kids movies make me cringe, and I will pay the grandparents to take my kids to see a movie they've been begging to see.

I did not find Napoleon Dynamite or Dumb & Dumber funny (I do find Jim Carrey funny in other things)

I don't find Ben Stiller funny at all.

I didn't like Pulp Fiction.

I also didn't like the Dark Knight. I prefer Jack Nicholson's joker.

I don't like movies made by a number of popular and critically acclaimed directors- Quentin Tarantino, Martin Scorsese, and Woody Allen all come to mind.

Most recent Academy award nominated movies are not movies I'm interested in watching. The few I've watched havent been my cup of tea.

I don't focus on the actors when I watch a film, so I don't choose films to watch based on the cast either.

I don't focus on the actors when I watch a film, so I don't choose films to watch based on the cast either.

I don't go see films because a certain actor is in them, but there are actors who grate on my nerves so much that I'll avoid their work. Top of that list is Nic Cage.

As to unpopular film opinions, I *hated* Sideways. That was an unbearably pretentious bottle of dreck, and I say that even though I like Thomas Haden-Church as a general rule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter