S/O..have you ever had a thread go south on you?

This has been a blast to read through!

So I have taken the occasional hit to a comment, but not a thread. I got kicked off once and no one would even say for what..... :guilty:

Anyway, I usually get flamed because someone asks a question about babies or children and I toss my 2 cents in. They come back with "good idea/advice/thought.... how old are your kids?" And the fight breaks out when I say that I don't have any. It usually deteriorates to how I should keep my mouth shut, etc. So I don't comment on those much anymore.

Funny story: I had someone who was so rude and hurtful about this once that I couldn't stay silent. I came back with this whole story about how I couldn't have kids. I was standing by a street once watching the neighbors and a girl followed her kitty into the road. A speeding sports car came around the corner and I ran to shove the girl and kitten out of the way, but the car hit me in the abdomen and because of internal bruising and bleeding they had to take out the necessary parts for me to have kids of my own. It was an unthinkable sacrifice, but I got through each day by knowing that the girl lived. Thanks for pouring salt on the wound, Mrs. Meany! Of course I then had to post that I was just making that up, but what if.... I mean, I do have a conscience! I would have liked to see her face when she read the first post, though! :rolleyes1 I know, I'm going to the bad place!!!

I apparently ruined the repution of Canada with one thread so I'll see you there lol

I apparently ruined the repution of Canada with one thread so I'll see you there lol

I live in Southeast Alaska, just a short boat ride away from B.C. Canada. Because of that and saying "sorry" so much, I just say I'm part Canadian... LOL

Rarely on the DIS these days, but this thread looks like a fun read, which I will do tonight. :) I found it by searching for Deb in IA because of a recent news article about an outbreak of mumps in Minnesota due to antivaccers. I'm a little disappointed Deb didn't post it (that I could find). I always appreciate her advocating for children's health.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...64dc781686f_story.html?utm_term=.d74f3786291d

Rarely on the DIS these days, but this thread looks like a fun read, which I will do tonight. :) I found it by searching for Deb in IA because of a recent news article about an outbreak of mumps in Minnesota due to antivaccers. I'm a little disappointed Deb didn't post it (that I could find). I always appreciate her advocating for children's health.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...64dc781686f_story.html?utm_term=.d74f3786291d

Bring on the popcorn and enjoy the comments! And I thought I was going to be bored tonight.... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter