S/O..have you ever had a thread go south on you?

The water park 'rule' has me baffled. People want other people to run to lockers each time they want something...a drink, ventolin...

Where do these people meet up or do the hover over their family constantly.

Weird.

I guess it's moot as I'm never in the water as long as my kids so would be sitting at a table anyway.

I totally get the throwing a towel on a lounger and never returning annoyance.

I'm sure i have--though I don'T recall any specific instances. I know my parenting has been questioned many times on the DIS, though I think that is generally in response to my comments and not threads I start.

How long does it take to get food at CS in WDW? Not a snarky question, just a curious one. To me that's just getting a table.
When it's busy (like Christmas and Spring Break)? Could be 30 minutes. So the people who sit at a table waiting for their food end up using a table twice as long as they need it to eat. Believe me when I say that it was really hard to find a table Christmas week when people were allowed to save tables. Before Disney instituted the "no saving" rule we would have to wander aimlessly around looking for a place to eat while our food got cold because a good portion of the tables will filled with waiting families. Some folks would end up squatting on the curb to eat their food because there were no tables. Pecos Bills was the worst! When the "no saving" rule is in place we get our food, we walk up to the CM in front of the seating area and we are seating immediately with hot food. Even on the busiest day.

I know, go figure!!! Well, I was schooled in that fact that if you ever go to the Wisconsin Dells water parks you do NOT leave anything on a chair!!!! Never mind the fact that the poster had asked specifically asked about DISNEY water parks!! I agree with you, I can not imagine going to a locker every time I wanted a towel or a snack or a drink. When we go to the Disney water parks we go back to our spot over and over all day.

Truly, I needed you folks four or so years ago on that thread!! Ha, ha!! I wish I could find it now!!
Whoever told you that about the Dells waterparks is wrong. ;)

Yes, it was a thread about trick or treating on Halloween. I was chastised and made out to be completely evil because I took my kids out and didn't leave a bowl of candy on my doorstep. :sad2:

You must be a truly horrible human being:sad2:

I mean for reals how could you leave kids with one less house to get candy. What kind of person does that!? :P:D

*Total sarcasm here*

___
I think if I went out trick or treating with kids it would probably depend from year to year if I left candy out. Where my house is located we don't get much trick or treater traffic when you compare it to the more main streets used in the neighborhood.

When it's busy (like Christmas and Spring Break)? Could be 30 minutes. So the people who sit at a table waiting for their food end up using a table twice as long as they need it to eat. Believe me when I say that it was really hard to find a table Christmas week when people were allowed to save tables. Before Disney instituted the "no saving" rule we would have to wander aimlessly around looking for a place to eat while our food got cold because a good portion of the tables will filled with waiting families. Some folks would end up squatting on the curb to eat their food because there were no tables. Pecos Bills was the worst! When the "no saving" rule is in place we get our food, we walk up to the CM in front of the seating area and we are seating immediately with hot food. Even on the busiest day.
30 mins for CS? That's nuts!

[QUOTE="Gumbo4x4, post: 57228905, member: 413844"]My local McDonalds took 34 minutes from the time I walked in until I had my food just this last Saturday at lunch. I could have literally eaten ANYWHERE else in town faster than that :([/QUOTE]

Sheesh, did you order a souffle? That's awful. :sad2:

My local McDonalds took 34 minutes from the time I walked in until I had my food just this last Saturday at lunch. I could have literally eaten ANYWHERE else in town faster than that :(
I am just not a person who will wait for mediocre food. If I'm going to those types of places it's because I want it quick. Living in a big city I have three McDs a mile from from my house, not to mention a vast array of other fast food/quick type places so I'm fortunate to not have to even entertain the idea of waiting 30mins for McDs. Same for Disney because I'm in Disneyland, it's all a 5-10 min walk away, pop over to DCA, Downtown Disney or Harbor instead. Just hearing stories about WDW stresses me out.

1 cheeseburger
1 McChicken
1 small fry

To go

Oh... there's some McD's around here where I won't order McChicken any more. Because they don't move as fast as the regular burgers, a lot of places won't even start making them until you order. If you've got time and are looking for something hot out of the fryer, that's great. But if you're in a hurry, it's not so wonderful.

Oh... there's some McD's around here where I won't order McChicken any more. Because they don't move as fast as the regular burgers, a lot of places won't even start making them until you order. If you've got time and are looking for something hot out of the fryer, that's great. But if you're in a hurry, it's not so wonderful.

I got the impression that added 3-4 minutes to the order.

30 mins for CS? That's nuts!
Yeah. Christmas crowds. Good times.

BB9321E4-1CD6-4DB0-AB20-8D0987D34436_zpssu9nzdii.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter