?'s from a 1st timer

MagicTink

Earning My Ears
We're leaving tomorrow (we can't wait!) for our first WDW trip, in which we will be going to the 4 Disney Parks and I have some questions.

There's 4 of us and I was wondering... when you're getting on the rides, do they make you separate? If the ride only holds a certain amount of people--and there's only 2 seats left, will they make us split up?

Also, as soon as you enter the park do they give you a park map with the times of the shows/parades or must you go somewhere to pick one up?

When checking bags (we're carrying a small backpack) do they simply browse through them? Or do they open up every pocket/bag inside? (...if they do, I can imagine the lines :( )

Oh... before I forget: We're going with the Play4day pass in which you must be a resident of Florida to use and must take an ID as proof. Well, Mom & Dad have driver's licenses -- however, how about DD13 and DD8? Do they need ID, too? If you've gone with the Play4Day Pass, what have you taken? Do they check the children's ID if the parents bring?

That's it for now. ;)

Your first trip to WDW! How exciting for you and your family! :) To answer some of your questions.... you can pick the park maps up at your resport or get them upon entering the parks. CMs sometimes hand them out but they are easy to grab yourself. Make sure to get a daily schedule of events. When getting on an attraction, they ask how many are in your party. We are a family of 4 and have never been split up. If it's a 2 person seat, 2 of us are in front and the other 2 are in the back. The bag searches haven't been a big inconvenience in our experience. I usually have both zippered sections of my hip pack open so that they can glance inside. Nothing has ever been rummaged through. My kids are 12 & 15. They brought their school IDs last trip, but no one ever asked to see them.

Have fun on your trip!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter