????'s about free dining

connie254

Disney fanatic
I posted this before but the search function couldn't bring it up and I know some of my questions didn't get answered. So here it goes again.
Historically, what dates have been offered fro free dining to Americans? When will they be offered? Any special number to call?
Is the free dining the same as the Dining Plan-1 sit down, 1 casual, 1 snack per person per day?
How soon can we call for reservations for the restaurants?
Can we add the Park Hopper to the price?
Anything else I need to know?
My friend and I are planning a trip w/o husbands (just kids) for next August/September if it works out with school schedules and our work schedules. We've stayed at Disney before and I've used the Dining Plan so am familiar with it and can keep up with the changes if it is the same for free dining.

There were significant changes with the 2008 dining plan, so it's unsure if they will offer the free promo again.

If they do, you may get Basic Dining for free, but still have to pay for Deluxe Dining. This of course is only my speculation.

2008 Basic Plan - one snack, one counter service, one table service per person, per night. No tip is included in the table service and the appetizer has been removed.
2008 Deluxe Plan - two snacks, three meal credits (to use as counter service or table service) and a refillable mug per person, per night of your stay. On the Deluxe plan, there is still no tip included, but the appetizer is available for table service meals.

This year, the free dining promo was offered in April. You had to book by the end of June for travel dates in late Aug thru most of September. Within about two weeks of the April release, the August dates were eliminated and the offer was only good for travel dates in Sept. I imagine they sold out of August, but again, just speculation on my part.

From http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...unts.html#rack free dining in 2007:

package discounts ("free dining") only for guests who were staying at WDW Resorts in Nov-Dec 2006 and willing to prebook their next vacation for Aug-Sept 2007 -- released 11/8/06, exp 12/31/06

package discounts ("free dining") for UK residents -- released 8/25/06, exp 11/6/06

package discounts ("free dining") for Disney Rewards Visa cardholders -- released 4/9/07, exp 6/24/07

package discounts ("free dining") for general public -- released 4/12/07, exp 6/24/07

These were all for the August/September Free Dining Promotions.

book your ADRs early and often... figure late august and most of Sept for the dates if they do the promotion again. The week after labor day has really low crowds.. that is when we book to go anyway, free dinning is icing on the cake. Figure when 180 days out would be and start booking your reservations, cause once they annouce that the offer is on, or the news leaks on prospective dates, those ADRs go fast.

The dates most likely will be August 30 - September 28th which corresponds to the "bounce back" offer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter