• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

?s about Allegiantair

That might be true from some cities.

The OP wrote, "If i pay that extra money then it will bring the prices right back up to all the other airlines prices."

If Allegiant Air is only $11 per person cheaper from the OP's airport, then picking an airline that flies into Orlando International and using Magical Express is probably the most economical solution.

You're right. I live near a midsize airport, and it would require a connecting flight to get into the main Orlando Airport. If I flew from Philly, the direct flight on a major airline would be slightly cheaper than Allegiant.

Disneymiss,

I just checked LVI airport website and allegiant air is still listed. I also checked allegiant air's website and there was no information about no longer flying out of LVIA. I love flying out of LVIA and will be really bummed if allegiant is no longer flying out of there. They are the only direct flight available from Allentown to Florida.

Hey if anyone else has the scope, please share.

my brother was flighting a school group down in april 08 and was just called and told they were no longer flying out of ABE, Allentown PA not sure when they are stopping service, so all may want to check to see if you still have a flight, if it is really true it is very sad this area is really into going to florida.....

best of luck

AA just announce that they are expanding service to Ft. Lauderdale. So they are not stoppping service to Florida. I have seen or heard nothing about Orlando.
LVIA announced their numbers and they were up this year. I don't see how any of this jives with your story. Do you have any references?

Disneymiss,

I just checked LVI airport website and allegiant air is still listed. I also checked allegiant air's website and there was no information about no longer flying out of LVIA. I love flying out of LVIA and will be really bummed if allegiant is no longer flying out of there. They are the only direct flight available from Allentown to Florida.

Hey if anyone else has the scope, please share.

bouldertcr, greetings from Egypt!

Thanks and greetings back to you SpaceRangerEric! Hey, we are practically neighbors. We live in the Coplay located right outside of Egypt! Small world!

Go Zephyrs although technically I live in Trojan territory!

Thanks and greetings back to you SpaceRangerEric! Hey, we are practically neighbors. We live in the Coplay located right outside of Egypt! Small world!

Go Zephyrs although technically I live in Trojan territory!

Wow, it IS a small world, LOL.

Hello from Whitehall!

Anyone know of any promo codes for Allegiant right now? I read somewhere that in the past they have offered codes for so much off and kids fly for free, etc...

Hey Steve,

This is too funny! The Lehigh Valley represents on these boards!!!

Very true actually! I've seen a good number of posters listed as Bethlehem, Allentown etc. as well as a lot of towns from the surrounding areas! Don't know if that's good or not though.....maybe the Lehigh Valley is just a little too boring! :lmao:

thanks for the help, i checked into it more and renting a car, paying for our baggage to be checked it will be brining the $$ back up to the price of Southwest prices. So we will be better of just using them so we can use the ME

AA just announce that they are expanding service to Ft. Lauderdale. So they are not stoppping service to Florida. I have seen or heard nothing about Orlando.
AA is American Airlines. (AA is the official designator code for American Airlines; AA is painted on American Airlines' airplane tails; and AA.com is the website of American Airlines.)

Are you referring to Allegiant Air or American Airlines?

AA is American Airlines. (AA is the official designator code for American Airlines; AA is painted on American Airlines' airplane tails; and AA.com is the website of American Airlines.)

Are you referring to Allegiant Air or American Airlines?

Allegiant. Sorry, I got caught up in the context.

Wow! Suprised to see so many 'neighbors' on this site! That's so cool...Well we are booked for March 27-April 3 on Allegiant and now I too am worried about cancellation??? Yikes! Does anybody have anything to back this up??

I did some research and I haven't seen anything to substantiate the cancellation claim. I'm not worrying about it.

Can you Lehigh Valley residents help me with some questions about your airport? We are flying Allegiant to Ft. Lauderdale in April, driving down from upstate NY to take advantages of the good rates.

Is there usually much traffic to contend with? Our flight is at 4:25 p.m. on a Saturday.

Economy parking ok? From the website it looks like you could walk to the terminal even from the economy lot.

Food and drinks available after the security check? Since Allegiant charges and we'll be flying over dinner time I want to possibly eat before we get on and bring a bottled drink if we can. We usually fly from Albany NY which does have (overpriced :rolleyes: ) food stands available near the gates.

Thankee for your help with our Allegiant adventure. :)

It is a small airport, and is easy to get around. There is plenty of parking. I always use the economy lot. I usually drop my family at the terminal and then park. 3-5 minute walk at worst. The longest part of the walk is between the security check-in and the gate.
There is food service after the security check. The food stand is closer to the gates. When we leave early AM, the food stand is not open, though.

I did some research and I haven't seen anything to substantiate the cancellation claim. I'm not worrying about it.

Ditto. After my initial worry due to the post on this board, I called ABE\LVIA, as Allegiant is impossible to get on the phone, and was told nothing that would lead me to believe they are not longer flying out of here.

Here's hoping there are no issues, but heck, if I have too, even with a late problem I'LL DRIVE, LOL....

Hello from up the turnpike!

I've never flown Allegient but a friend who lives in Orlando raves about it.

I however, had two near misses up here with smaller regional carriers that had direct flights from Avoca (AVP) to MCO. Both closed down and while we DID make it. It was a stressful knowing that we were among the last flights.

Are they considered an Airline company or a "Charter" where the rules are different?

Just talked to a rep tonight and she said the the rest of the years schedule will come out by the next week, as for the cancellation, she said that it could be that they have changed the days that they go down to that airport, so they could not service the school program. She said the they did not do Tuesday's but I don't know if they ever did. Not one to go into Stanford, I always go into MCO for I travel alone and transportation from airport to Disney is too much.....She said that some changes are being done but not sure what exactly they are until the come out.....:rotfl: so good luck to all..... maybe they just decided not to do school functions anymore....

by the way it was the Bethlehem school district....

I myself am from Wilson

they do add and change Sat.
i was looking to fly out on a Sat, and when the schedule came out it had none for the whole month, and when i called she said they change days of the week when they are not busy..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter