???'s about AAA discount

Cruz Family

DIS Veteran
I keep hearing 20% off with AAA discount. Is that the room only? If the free dining comes up again can that be combined with a AAA discount?
Thanks for any info, Melissa

that is room only at the values. If and thats a big IF, free dining comes out the discount you get is the free dining no room discounts avaiable.

I have a room only ressie. If free dining is offered, do I modify my original room only ressie (will have to pay rack rate to get free dining), OR do I book a new ressie (rack rate for room and free dining), and then cancel my original ressie.

Will CRO let me have two ressies at once ,even though I will cancel original (room only with AAA discount) right after I book other (free dining ressie and room at rack rate)?
Thanks
Suzy V

You cannot book a triple A package with CRO - only the room, and you can't get the free dining and the AAA discount on the room. If free dining comes out, just call CRO and ask to upgrade to a package with the free dining. You will lose your triple A discount, but the free dining should more than make up for that unless you are staying at a deluxe. Be sure to compare which works out better for you.

AAA discount varies on type of hotel you choose - ranges from I believe 10% at value, 15% at moderates, and 20% at deluxes so don't think that you will get 20% at all Disney hotels. Disney will only allow 1 discount per reservation, so if you have a AAA discount you will have to forfeit that discount for another such as the free dining promotion - do the math before making any changes. Yes, you can book more than 1 reservation but on packages remember you have to put down a $200 deposit and pay off trip 45 days prior to arrival date vs. deposit on room only reservations and pay off bill when you arrive and most promotions you must book a package to be eligible for the deal. Also with AAA - if you book a package your discount is applied to the room only portion of the package - some people thought they could not get a package and the AAA discount - you can book a package and get the dining plan (paying for it) and still get the discount.

The discount is this off of a room only, no package
20% off values and moderates during value season
15% off during regular and peak season

15% off deluxes during value season
10% during regular and peak season.

Again this is just room only, no package.

We booked a package for our trip in November through AAA because we wanted the MYW package with dining and the only way you can get a discount on the package at all is through AAA....the dining is the same price with AAA or with Disney. the MYW tickets were slightly discounted through AAA and the room was discounted 15%....for us it ended up being a savings of slightly over $200 for the trip booking through AAA vs direct through Disney.

We did have to have the package paid in full 45 days in advance (which I thought I would hate, but now that it is done it sure is nice to know the whole trip is paid for and there won't be any big CC bills to come home to!!)

Our AAA agent assured me when I booked if any great packages or rates came out for our dates they would let us switch without penalty...in fact she even called me to see if we were interested in switching dates to take advantage of the free dining (unfortunately we could not go that early, but it was nice of her to think of us!!)

Now I am really glad I took the plunge when I did...no other better room rates ever came out for our dates and now the CR has been sold out for our dates for several weeks. It was a gamble, but in our case it paid off this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter