RV Parking at OKW

westy003

Earning My Ears
We have a vacation planed at the end of may for one week at Old Key West and a week at Bay Lake Tower. I would like to drive our RV down so we can make some stops on the way and make the trip more relaxed.

My questions is, where can we park? and who do we need to ask? We will have a car that we are towing so dropping it off and driving to the resort is an option.

Also moving resorts half way... will we have to move the RV to a different spot?

I know this is possible in theory.... just wondering if anyone has done it and what was their experience like?

Thanks in advance !

Jason

RV parking is at a lot near Port Orleans, no parking of RVs permitted at OKW. BLT has parking for RVs at the far end of the regular lot, towards the MK. You should be able to drive the RV to OKW to unpack, then go to P.O. parking area. You can stay parked there for the entire trip, or use it to move to BLT.

Last edited:
We have a vacation planed at the end of may for one week at Old Key West and a week at Bay Lake Tower. I would like to drive our RV down so we can make some stops on the way and make the trip more relaxed.

My questions is, where can we park? and who do we need to ask? We will have a car that we are towing so dropping it off and driving to the resort is an option.

Also moving resorts half way... will we have to move the RV to a different spot?

I know this is possible in theory.... just wondering if anyone has done it and what was their experience like?

Thanks in advance !

Jason
If it's 24 ft or under you can park it there; if not they'll tell you where. It used to be over by PO but I'm not sure now. Sometimes if it's not that busy they'll say OK.

If it's a small one that fits in 1 parking spot without blocking the driveway, but if you are dragging a car, I would expect it's bigger than that.

If it's a small one that fits in 1 parking spot without blocking the driveway, but if you are dragging a car, I would expect it's bigger than that.
The POS says 24 ft or under is OK in all the one's I've seen in the past.

If you can't keep the RV at OKW, hopefully they let is stay at BLT as that's your final destination. If you're towing a car I'm not sure how they handle if you have a two wheel Car Tow Dolly.

When we were at OKW there was a rather large RV parked on our loop. That was the beginning of December

We travel with our RV since we like to split our stay between Fort Wilderness and DVC. We've stayed at both OKW and BLT while driving the RV. At BLT, it was no problem. We parked in the large lot at BLT. There was plenty of room at the back of the lot. OKW was a different story. They were willing to have us park there, but each of the groups of villas has only a small area for parking (as opposed to one large lot). When it was clear that we'd be taking up a bunch of spaces since we would need to park sideways across several spots, we opted to park at Port Orleans, which was the option they gave us.

It was really no problem to park at Port Orleans from OKW. The RV was way out in the lot by itself and no one bothered with it. I would note, our RV was a little larger and so you may find it easier to park at OKW than we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter