• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

I just found out that my husband already owns a butt cushion. It was apparently a Secret Santa gift one year, and he's never used it. So I'll be all ready for RoL.

Tonight is the Cast Celebration, and DH is celebrating his 10-year anniversary. We've been so excited for a night out away from the kids, and for the food, and drinks, and riding the MK rides. So of course Gray (baby RoLf) has decided now would be the perfect time to come down with RSV and a double ear infection. Fever, stuffed up nose, cough, wheezing, the whole lot. When I told him he was ruining mommy's night out, he laughed, and then wiped his nose all over the dress I was planning to wear. Freaking kid.

Kids always know when you have plans. My kids would get sick every holiday weekend. Daycare would tease me because it never failed, they'd be calling me on a Thursday afternoon/Friday to pick them up because one just got sick. I hope he feels better soon and you can get a night out soon.

Chiming in on the butt cushion - My mom has used an inflatable bath pillow. And it worked! Until it sprung a leak (thankfully, without any of the horrifying noises). Also, the last two times I was in Disneyland, they gave out purple cushions for those of us who did the Fantasmic dining package at Blue Bayou. Not sure what they are doing now that Fantasmic has temporarily gone away, but maybe it'll start to be a thing at WDW. Maybe the cushions aren't for us to sit on during the show, but instead, something to keep us comfy for our never ending wait for news on ROL

I just found out that my husband already owns a butt cushion. It was apparently a Secret Santa gift one year, and he's never used it. So I'll be all ready for RoL.

Tonight is the Cast Celebration, and DH is celebrating his 10-year anniversary. We've been so excited for a night out away from the kids, and for the food, and drinks, and riding the MK rides. So of course Gray (baby RoLf) has decided now would be the perfect time to come down with RSV and a double ear infection. Fever, stuffed up nose, cough, wheezing, the whole lot. When I told him he was ruining mommy's night out, he laughed, and then wiped his nose all over the dress I was planning to wear. Freaking kid.

Where is the DISLIKE button. Poor baby ..... and so sad for Mommy. Hope he is feeling better soon.

Right now 7, 8:30, 9:30. That might change though the show isn't finalized yet and still has some issues to be worked out.
Thanks, Ryan...is the time posted somewhere? So if ROL isn't going to be a reality, maybe we can catch this!

Nightly at 7:00, 8:30 & 9:30pm.

However, at this point, it is just a "Holiday" show.
No word on whether they will continue it (in some form) after the new year.

the actual start date is the 20th with shows at 7pm and 8:30pm, depending on weather

here are the FAQ from the Hub
What is “Starbright Holidays – An Intel Collaboration?” “Starbright Holidays – An Intel Collaboration” is a new holiday entertainment experience at Disney Springs featuring 300 Intel Shooting Star show drones choreographed to a specially orchestrated arrangement of classic holiday music.

When does “Starbright Holidays – An Intel Collaboration” occur? “Starbright Holidays - An Intel Collaboration” will join other holiday enhancements at Disney Springs, including a brand-new Christmas Tree Trail, special seasonal entertainment, visits with Santa, and festive decor throughout all four neighborhoods – Town Center, The Landing, West Side and Marketplace.

Where are the best viewing locations for “Starbright Holidays – An Intel Collaboration?” Recommended viewing locations for “Starbright Holidays – An Intel Collaboration” at Disney Springs include open areas along the lake in West Side, The Landing and Marketplace.

How long is “Starbright Holidays – An Intel Collaboration?” “Starbright Holidays – An Intel Collaboration” is approximately five minutes.

Will water transportation run during “Starbright Holidays – An Intel Collaboration?” No. The Disney Springs water taxi service and Sassagoula River Cruise operation will be temporarily held while “Starbright Holidays – An Intel Collaboration” takes place.

Will inclement weather impact the show? As with any of our nighttime spectaculars, we assess weather conditions and make decisions based on a number of factors.
If Walt Disney World can fly drones over its property, why can’t Guests? Due to our commitment to safety and protecting our Guests’ privacy, we don’t allow personal drone use on our property.

Are you planning to add drone shows elsewhere at Walt Disney World Resort or at Disneyland Resort? We look forward to delighting our Walt Disney World Guests with “Starbright Holidays – An Intel Collaboration” at Disney Springs during the holiday season, but we have nothing further to share at this point.

Are there any privacy concerns? Will these drones be capable of tracking Guests? No. The drones used for the holiday entertainment are show drones and do not have any cameras installed on them.

Do these drones have cameras? Can they look into my Disney Resort hotel room? No. The drones used for the holiday entertainment are show drones and do not have any cameras installed on them.

Is there a danger of a drone falling down on top of Guests? No. A geofence has been installed to maintain a safe perimeter around the show area (a minimum of 150 feet away from people, per FAA regulations). If a drone were to accidentally cross the geofence, it is programmed to return to its position in the show.

What happens if any of the drones loses communications with the pilot? The show drones are programmed to return to their point of origin if communication is lost with the pilot.
Are the 300 drones going to make a lot of noise? We are dedicated to upholding our reputation as a good neighbor and have worked to minimize the noise through a variety of methods.

The entertainment website says three show times. Hub has two. Someone is right and someone isn't.

I would also like to mention Disney has not officially announced the 20th as the start date. This is still being worked on and the show still has issues.

Yay for your DH's anniversary, but boo for the baby being sick. Hope he feels better.

We made it to the Cast Celebration! It was so much fun! It felt very weird to be walking around Magic Kingdom with a glass of wine!

SO SO GLAD YOU WENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope the little guy is feeling MUCH better.

It felt weird because so many were living through you!!!

Wine-cheers.jpg

Just moments ago at the D23’s Destination D: Amazing Adventures presentation, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek gave a construction update on Pandora – The World of Avatar and shared the exciting news that the new land is set to open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in summer 2017.

So all the "predictors" can stop predicting March, April, Spring ....... and start guessing June, July, August, September ....

Well if anything Disney and the Animal Kingdom are consistent. o_O

What this means is DO NOT PLAN around this either.

Okay, this does not excite me ..........................

pongu.jpg

Sat, November 19, 2016
New Images Released for Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
31aadf1bc8cffcac487e78fb9aeb6afe

by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks

Earlier today, Disney Parks Blog readers were among the first to learn that Pandora – The World of Avatar is set to open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in summer 2017. Now, we’re sharing a first look at what you can expect to see in the land.

avaq23402935.jpg

Satu’li Canteen will be the main restaurant in Pandora – The World of Avatar and will feature Na’vi art and cultural items.

avam53249258.jpg

At Windtraders, travelers can find Na’vi cultural items, toys, science kits, and more.

And Pongu Pongu (pictured at the top of the story) will be a special drink location with a design that is as eclectic as its Expat owner.

All of today’s new images were shared by Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek during a D23’s Destination D: Amazing Adventures presentation at the Walt Disney World Resort. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for more updates on Pandora – The World of Avatar.

Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek
challenges the creative team to "dream big" on Epcot!

@HopperFan ummmmmm those pictures remind me more of those recycled junk/trash sculptures you find in the eclectic parts of Austin!

All I see is BROWN BROWN BLAH BLAH. I had hoped for lush, blues, greens ...... I mean everyone says it was a visually beautiful movie that was more about how is looked than the story even. This is not beautiful.

Just moments ago at the D23’s Destination D: Amazing Adventures presentation, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek gave a construction update on Pandora – The World of Avatar and shared the exciting news that the new land is set to open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in summer 2017.

So all the "predictors" can stop predicting March, April, Spring ....... and start guessing June, July, August, September ....

Well if anything Disney and the Animal Kingdom are consistent. o_O

What this means is DO NOT PLAN around this either.
We'll be there 6/3-6/11. NOT counting on it!

All I see is BROWN BROWN BLAH BLAH. I had hoped for lush, blues, greens ...... I mean everyone says it was a visually beautiful movie that was more about how is looked than the story even. This is not beautiful.

That IS a lot of brown/woody colors... maybe the bits of colors will really pop in person? And lighting at night would help.... I guess we'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter