• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

If it is ready to go, and 5 months behind, why would they wait longer? I think us fans deserve better than that. Time to open this up already. Give it some real and live runs before Thanksgiving, so it goes off without a hitch during the busy week. Touring Plans is claiming sometime around October 31st with their best guess. I would hope Mid-October.

Agree that at this point if it is ready, run it. They've kinda missed a big fanfare unless they wait until next Earth Day. Any delay will just give a nod that it's still not working.

But I give no credit to Touring Plans dates. That is a placeholder, they have kept a date there implying they actually know something but then they just change the date as it approached and didn't happen, like Sept 15. They've come up with dates for things NO one else has. If it were actually correct it would be talked about. I give them credit as great researchers on info that is more set like their extensive resort information but don't ever look to them for "breaking news" type stuff.

I guess that could happen in the beginning, although I would sort of hope they'd run the show for a month or two without the dining package just to see how things go.

If they have any common sense (HAHAHAHAHA) they'll start this slow. No big fanfare this time, just a few soft openings, maybe starting with a Cast preview or something where it's not a disaster if the floats sink or things don't work. I just doubt that's what they're going to do.

I finally got chance to eat a at Tiffins today (alone! No kids! Woo how!) and it was really great. The atmosphere and the decor was great, and I loved the food. I'd definitely eat there again on the dining package if there was one.
Yeh, who knows if it will go the same this time around. I had mentioned the best bet would probably be to cancel your existing ADR and immediately try to re-book with the package as that worked for some last time as well...but I guess we will have to wait and see how they proceed this time.

Here are some first-hand intel reports posted on the News Round Up thread today:

In AK right now and they are installing the rope que lines for ROL theater "just to make sure it's ready" for the show, but they have "no idea" when it will be running.

For sure! I just got a kick out of the fact that they were rehearsing setting up the line! I'm highly suspicious that they are doing something very soon. Lots of managers and people dressed in all black walking around the ROL area. Can't say for sure if that is an everyday occurrence but it seems odd to me.

Sorry for the barrage of posts. They are testing the water for the screens, the lotus floats are currently out AND an EE CM just said to his coworker "I'm working rivers tonight. I get to see the show though." So I think the show is very close.

ETA: Take this with a hefty helping of salt, but my DH says 3 CMs told him they've been told ROL hard deadline is Saturday.

Here are some first-hand intel reports posted on the News Round Up thread today:

I've been trying to ignore these kinds of reports... but I'm going to be down there Saturday and could easily hop from DHS to AK after my 5:15 Club Villain reservation... AK's currently scheduled to close at 8:30pm that night, though, so we wouldn't accomplish much if ROL doesn't materialize. Hmm...

robbc.jpg

I've been trying to ignore these kinds of reports... but I'm going to be down there Saturday and could easily hop from DHS to AK after my 5:15 Club Villain reservation... AK's currently scheduled to close at 8:30pm that night, though, so we wouldn't accomplish much if ROL doesn't materialize. Hmm...

Enjoy Club Villain - It's FABULOUS :)

I think I might be to blame for the cause of the delays. I seem to have a terrible habit of picking dates for vacation right before everything opens. It's happened quite a bit. My last day trip was from 5/18-5/26 which was right before the openings of Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, Frozen Ever After, Star Wars Fireworks, and the Tree of Life Awakens, so I missed all of them. The good news for all of us who have been waiting and hoping (and screaming) about ROL is that my next trip is 10/16-10/24 so I expect a soft open on 10/25! :)

I just went back and read the first few pages of this thread...what memories...lol. And here we are, back on this train!

When I was PREGNANT?! Grayson will be six months old tomorrow!

Has anyone spoken with Maggie about all of these rumors ?? If anyone would know .....

I'm so happy Maggie became a part of this group! I wonder what she's up to these days...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter