Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Since we are sharing our itineraries.. :) Decided to go w/ Deluxe Dining and the only thing I may change here is Biergarten or one of our breakfasts b/c not sure that we need 2 in a row.

4/16: Leave PIT 6:25 AM, land at 8:45, once we're checked in, get to Epcot for some F&G booths.. Ohana for an early dinner (snagged a 4:15 PM when they opened for earlier times).. FP's at MK that night including Wishes. (This was our planned ROL preview day.. WOMP WOMP)

4/17: Rope drop @ HS, Biergarten for lunch (fiance's choice though not sure if we'll want to head all the way there and come back for more HS stuff), may hang out at Epcot for the afternoon, Raglan Road for dinner & possibly checking out some of the new bars at DS (Hangar, Boathouse, etc)

4/18: AK, breakfast @ Tusker House, hit up all rides we want to do.. Either to Epcot for a little or to MK.. dinner @ Narcoossee's

4/19: Breakfast @ Trails End, MK, late lunch @ Le Cellier, Magical Express home for a 7:30 flight.

I love the shirts idea, just one question. I'm assuming DD gets to be Snow White, so what Dwarf are you? I don't think there's a 'mad planner' dwarf in the movie...:rolleyes1

I wish they had the Mad Planner Dwarf.
Yes DD is Snow.
I am Grumpy :scared1:
DH is Dopey of course - hence me LOL
Nana is Sleepy
DD knows this by heart - last time we watched the MSEP she kept telling us "look mommy there's you and Daddy and even Nana"

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...y-fills-21-nights-with-holiday-cheer-in-2016/

UGH guys "Tickets for both Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will go on sale later this spring." I know, I know, they went on sale in May 2013 and 2014 but I was seriously hoping last year's sale date on April 8th would be a trend. :sad:

Don't even mention MNSSHP to me - I'm really annoyed at Disney for this one.
We were there last year 8/31-9/6 and were hoping for an early party since Labor Day was on the 7th. Nope - they decided that 9/12 was the best time to start. So this year's schedule comes out and guess what? The first party is on 9/2!!! Really pissed me off.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...y-fills-21-nights-with-holiday-cheer-in-2016/

UGH guys "Tickets for both Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will go on sale later this spring." I know, I know, they went on sale in May 2013 and 2014 but I was seriously hoping last year's sale date on April 8th would be a trend. :sad:

My real question is HOW MUCH ARE TICKETS? Are they waiting to see the response to these After Hours parties to determine? I mean $69 for breakfast and 3 rides for a couple hours .... when that was the price point for a whole party ........... and $149 for a 3 hours After Hours with no candy, parade, fireworks and shows ............

I get the limit on tickets on one vs the other but that doesn't mean the Mouse won't see the old party prices as too low for what you get.
I've already talked myself down to only 1 party, but if they blow this price up - I might just skip it.

Last edited:
We were there last year 8/31-9/6 and were hoping for an early party since Labor Day was on the 7th. Nope - they decided that 9/12 was the best time to start. So this year's schedule comes out and guess what? The first party is on 9/2!!! Really pissed me off.

Oh yes! But this year they really irked another group of people - those that like to go AFTER halloween for the November party. I've seen quite a few posts from angry people that planned an early November trip for this reason!

My real question is HOW MUCH ARE TICKETS? Are they waiting to see the response to these After Dark parties to determine? I mean $69 for breakfast and 3 rides for a couple hours .... when that was the price point for a whole party ........... and $149 for a 3 hours After Dark with no candy, parade, fireworks and shows ............

I get the limit on tickets on one vs the other but that doesn't mean the Mouse won't see the old party prices as too low for what you get.
I've already talked myself down to only 1 party, but if they blow this prices up - I might just skip it.
Especially since those Morning tickets all sold out almost immediately. I can only imagine that some one is regretting the "low" $70 price!

Especially since those Morning tickets all sold out almost immediately. I can only imagine that some one is regretting the "low" $70 price!

YUP. I'm thinking the best way for them to feel better is sell more tickets. Without changing the breakfast venue to fit more people I would not be surprised if they added more days. And sadly it has just monetized EMH for Disney .... like hamsters on a wheel am sure they are doing some fast thinking.

I was there that week too. I was so sad there was no party, but we book the week of labor day this year because the crowds were great and we had a great time despite no party. I am super excited we get to do it on 9/8 this year though!

To jump on the itinerary train:

April 30th: fly in evening, hit outlets, check into Contemporary
May 1st: morning at MK (prepark BOG) , afternoon at AK (which I decided to keep and happy I booked my later Tusker anyway)
May 2nd: Epcot morning (garden Grill) and DHS evening (H&V fantasmic)
May 3rd: MK all day (pre park CRT, liberty tree dinner, Wishes dessert party)
May 4th: Pool and late afternoon flight home.

Not sure if it was just rumor or actually happened, but someone posted on the thread about the extra morning hours that they opened up additional tickets for those mornings today. I guess the "limited" is only limited to how many people will buy them.

Oh yes! But this year they really irked another group of people - those that like to go AFTER halloween for the November party. I've seen quite a few posts from angry people that planned an early November trip for this reason!

Yeah, we planned 2-7th thinking that Sunday 11/6 would be the first party. Nope! It's Monday. Thankfully they did this before our 7 month mark, or I'd be PO'ed if I couldn't move my DVC reservation. So now we're 11/3-11/8 which is fine, but a little irritating!

More availability opened up. What this means, I don't know. But I called to ask if there would be characters, and the CM said no characters. I was thinking about purchasing it for May 31st, and I would have if there were characters.:duck:

Looks like a great lineup...We'll be there the same time, but I don't see overlap.

There are 4 ladies in our party, ranging in age from 70 to 17, 2 rooms at POFQ. Here's our lineup:

4/23 - arrive around noon, check-in, head to EPCOT, Rose & Crown for dinnertime Illuminations
4/24 - HS EMH, MK evening FPs, Tony's for dinner (despite what others say about this place, we love it, just not the wait to get in - they need to use pagers rather than have everyone standing/sitting around waiting to be called)
4/25 - AK EMH, Beaches & Cream lunch, HS evening FPs, Star Wars Fireworks Dessert Party
4/26 - MK BOG breakfast before RD, EPCOT evening FPs, Via Napoli dinner
4/27 - HS H&V breakfast before RD, AK afternoon FPs, flexible evening (maybe run to MK, or back to resort for hot tub and wine party rather than ROL)
4/28 - EPCOT EMH, France for dinner, Illuminations, FP
4/29 - MK EMH, The Wave for dinner, MK evening FP
4/30 - check out, HS late morning FPs, Tragically Depressed trip back to airport for 6:30 flight home

Every afternoon is left OPEN so any of us can do whatever we want to, like a nap or pool time at the resort, DS, or additional park time.

We may see each other in MK at BOG on 4/26 or in the afternoon at AK on 4/27

Maybe I'll pass you and @KMWoolley on my way out of the 5:45 Club Villain. Say hi if you see a short brunette with a ROL lounge button on!

We'll also be in MK the morning of the 26th, but that's the only overlap I see for us.

4/23 - Check-in @ AoA, head to DHS with 5:45 Club Villain
4/24 - MK for PPO CP, AK evening
4/25 - Day trip to Legoland
4/26 - MK with BOG dinner
4/27 - Currently a resort day, thinking about heading to EPCOT
4/28 - MK AM, Check-in and spend the afternoon/evening at the Poly
4/29 - EPCOT with Biergarten dinner
4/30 - DHS AM, afternoon/evening at the Poly (DD's heading to Lilo's while DH and I visit Trader Sam's)
5/1 - EPCOT AM, MK evening
5/2 - 'Ohana breakfast and then MDE to MCO to head home :sad1:

We may also see you. We overlap in AK on 4/24, MK on 4/26 or 4/28, and in Epcot on 4/29 :wave:

Not sure if it was just rumor or actually happened, but someone posted on the thread about the extra morning hours that they opened up additional tickets for those mornings today. I guess the "limited" is only limited to how many people will buy them.
Yep, at least for the week we are there - last time I checked, and there was no availability, now there is. Bummer...our early breakfast is less and less of a big deal now.

My real question is HOW MUCH ARE TICKETS? Are they waiting to see the response to these After Dark parties to determine? I mean $69 for breakfast and 3 rides for a couple hours .... when that was the price point for a whole party ........... and $149 for a 3 hours After Dark with no candy, parade, fireworks and shows ............

I've already talked myself down to only 1 party, but if they blow this price up - I might just skip it.
I agree with every point you make.
I have no trips planned then so it won't impact me, but I expect to see a significant jump in the pricing. My guess is $89 or $99 this year, which makes me happy I have attended MNSSHP and MVMCP and won't feel like I'm missing if I won't pay the new prices. My bigger concern is the number of days impacted where the park with the most rides/attractions closes at 7pm for the average guest.

We did June 5-8 I think last year.. Seriously loved it. Crowds were totally manageable and it didn't seem overly hot.

Now for whatever reason we're going next week and I hope crowds are not that crazy!
Thank you! This is our first time for that week. My coworker usually always goes the first week of June and she says it's not bad. I used touring plans and made some personalized ones and the predicted wait times don't seem to be very bad at all.

Good luck to you next week, though!

Yeah, we planned 2-7th thinking that Sunday 11/6 would be the first party. Nope! It's Monday. Thankfully they did this before our 7 month mark, or I'd be PO'ed if I couldn't move my DVC reservation. So now we're 11/3-11/8 which is fine, but a little irritating!

We have a reservation that week at BWV (11/4-11/10 i think) but unfortunately we can't go anywhere until 2017. I'll have to see about renting it out since we used banked points, so its that or losing them.

Really pissed me off too!!! We booked 9/1-9/11 to AVOID having to deal with early MK closing times for MNSSHP! Then we see that BOTH of our planned MK days are party nights and luckily was able to rebook ADRs to move MK days elsewhere.

Which post? Is it on his page? I see a post from yesterday but not today. @beesly

Something like this happened to me. One day my boyfriend's name had changed to mine with his middle initial. I thought it was a glitch and would fix itself but I finally ended up calling after a week and the tech guy seemed annoyed it happened and was able to fix it quickly.
They had a glitch in their system for my youngest. Said he was 3. Um, no, he is still free, thank you very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter