Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Goooooooooooood morning, Vietn..... eh, everyone :)

For anyone still in any stage of grief, this is for you:

Mrs-Potts-comforting-Belle-in-Beauty-and-the-Beast.gif

So on a whim I looked to see if EMM was sold out for the day we're going to RD. It's not. Neither is the Tues that week. It may well sell out between now and when we go but it's interesting to me that it didn't sell out right away. Not like BOG breakfast or like, oh ... I don't know ... ROL dining packages would have.

Not that I'm bitter. :rolleyes1
Where do you look for these packages?

Guys, I'm still really depressed over no Rivers of Light for my trip in a few weeks.

tumblr_ndr7mzdUvI1qft49to1_500.gif

I know the trip will still be great...but I was looking forward to everything nighttime at AK SO MUCH :(

So I'm going to cry me a river(s of light).

I was too - I think I'm still in denial. And now I feel so behind on practical matters of getting ready that I feel like I'm just blocking it out!

Tell me about it LOL. I just booked another dinner. I'm so overbooked at this point LOL. Not knowing what's coming has me making back ups for my back ups, back ups

We are too - I really need to figure it out! I still have 3 Boma reservations for our arrival night at AKL to accommodate any possible preview party activity, which is terrible. With that one, I'm definitely still in denial about ROL. I keep hoping Disney will say, "Just kidding, we really ARE going to have a preview party, and you're invited!" :(

I brought it up because the difference between buying into Poly direct vs resale is only $10-$15 per point. If you want all the membership benefits (assuming that matters to you), then you're not saving much by buying Poly resale. In fact, the savings on annual passes and Tables in Wonderland dining card make up for the difference if you visit often enough.

Definitely not!! Poly is 180/point. You can get SSR for 80/point. 100 bucks a point is a HUGE difference!!!!

We are too - I really need to figure it out! I still have 3 Boma reservations for our arrival night at AKL to accommodate any possible preview party activity, which is terrible. With that one, I'm definitely still in denial about ROL. I keep hoping Disney will say, "Just kidding, we really ARE going to have a preview party, and you're invited!" :(

I also have three SciFi Diner ADRs in our itinerary on three different days. I need to drop two but I am so undecisive which ones :sad2: Then I am also not sure if I want to keep the TH 6pm dinner or if I want to cancel it and bus over to Epcot so we can eat at the food stands there instead.

Yes, Family Magic Tour - been trying to think of something fun to do with our Preview party money! Was thinking something like this or Pirate Cruise...or nighttime safari...or just snacking and drinking my way through the Flower and Garden Festival... :flower1: :drinking1

I just booked this, too! I read some reviews and spoiled the surprise for myself but I think my DD (6) is really going to enjoy it. I'm glad they have you call to book this since there are some interesting "rules" the CM explained that I might have broken otherwise - no backpacks or tote bags allowed, and adults need photo ID at check-in.

Hey everyone!

Great news ... Disney didn't postpone RoL!

They just moved it!

It's in my backyard!

:banana::banana::banana:

It looks great! You can tell they worked really hard on the water and the light, but I didn't really expect the sound to be so loud ... I mean, it's scaring my dog, so I'm sure it might scare the animals when they move it back to AK.

If you'd like to see it, come on by ... I've got three kids, so I have drinks and glowsticks on-hand at all times ... we can have our "I got to see RoL before YOU did" party!

party:

Hey everyone!

They just moved it!

It's in my backyard!

It looks great! You can tell they worked really hard on the water and the light, but I didn't really expect the sound to be so loud ... I mean, it's scaring my dog, so I'm sure it might scare the animals when they move it back to AK.

If you'd like to see it, come on by ... I've got three kids, so I have drinks and glowsticks on-hand at all times ... we can have our "I got to see RoL before YOU did" party!

party:

Splain please. popcorn::

I have finally cancelled my contingency ADRs and we have an almost finalized schedule. My son's JROTC lead has yet to decide if they are doing a park on Saturday which means I pick him up Sunday night or if they are doing a park on Monday which is a whole different scenario (they haven't even settled which park, but if its Epcot my DS15 wants to go to breakfast with us then meet up with his friends, if its MK he'll just stay with the group until we meet up that night)

4/22 Arrival Day and Epcot - Check in at POP and dinner at Rose and Crown 6:55 (requesting a patio table)
4/23 Hollywood Studios - Fantasmic dinner at Minnie's Seasonal Dine 5:00
4/24 Animal Kingdom and evening swim - lunch at Tusker House 12:45 - picking up kid???? - Birthday cake being delivered for DD18(19 on the 29th)
4/25 Epcot - breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and taking monorail to Epcot - picking up kid????
4/26 Magic Kingdom - breakfast at BOG 8:25
4/27 Animal Kingdom possibly Disney Springs or swimming - breakfast at Ohana 8:35 (unless I can find one a little later in the morning)
4/28 Magic Kingdom - lunch at Liberty Tree 12:35 and dinner at Crystal Palace 5:55 (unless I can find one on 4/26)
4/29 Epcot (DD19) - Breakfast at Akershus 10:30 and dinner at Garden Grill 5:45
4/30 Magic Kingdom and begin driving home - lunch at BOG 1:05

Does it look like I am missing anything? I was able to get the FP+ reservations I wanted and our touring plans are done - we have a loose plan each day.

Hey everyone!

They just moved it!

It's in my backyard!

party:
Was in my backyard too!

Hey everyone!

They just moved it!

It's in my backyard!

party:
It looks like it's moving to my house later today. I'm all stocked up with lots of glow stick, pineapples and rum. Lapu time at the ROL party::rotfl2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter