Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Do you get to choose your table freely? I am sure my kids would all get a kick out of dining in the Beast's room with the rose nearby. I can hear DD3 already going "its so preeeeeetty!"
Yes, you seat yourself and get to choose (based on availability). You can choose the ballroom, west wing, and (I think) the rose room, but the library is closed. Others who have been more recently it have better memories may be able to chime in with more info. We liked the portrait that changes into the beast and the "thunderstorms" in the west wing.

Yes, you seat yourself and get to choose (based on availability). You can choose the ballroom, west wing, and (I think) the rose room, but the library is closed. Others who have been more recently it have better memories may be able to chime in with more info. We liked the portrait that changes into the beast and the "thunderstorms" in the west wing.
Kids were terrified of the Beast room 2 years ago (6, 4, 4, 2 at the time) but they've all chimed in that that's the room they want for our upcoming trip in May.

It's the based on availability I am concerned about. We have an 8:25 ADR, if the people with earlier ADRs are being held at the restaurant, how much seating will be available.

I bring a news update! Although it's not an update on when it will be ready. Apparently they can get the show to run once through sometime but can't get it to run through a second time which would be problematic if Disney wants to do this twice or three times a night. Sometimes they can't even get one full run through.
Thanks for the update, Ryan.

I was quite surprised! Sorry about your black mark.

We also have a PPO BOG on one of the first EMM days. I wish I could wait for someone else to tell me how it plays out before I decide what to do with our ADR. I admit we booked with the hope of a 7DMT advantage (knowing full well that it isn't a guarantee). I'd be content with them allowing us to enter the standby queue after our ADR and waiting for the ride to officially open, but I have no idea if that's how it will actually work.

sorry if this has already been answered but I still have 8 pages more to read and I didn't want to forget in case it hasn't

this was posted on the DPB

"Breakfast guests will be treated the same as they are today – you will be directed to a queue after breakfast to wait until the park opens. (For example, if a group finishes dining at Be Our Guest and wants to visit Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, they are queued outside the attraction until park opens and then are allowed to enter).

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 6, 2016 at 1:55 pm "

Don't know why I bother to answer this, but first, I don't post for likes, and 2nd, obviously you haven't been around long because the "Likes" function of this page has only been available for a very short period of time.

Have to say I'm not a fan of the earring either...

Wasn't that portrait in the beast's room with the rose? Or maybe I am thinking of a different one. There was one of the Prince with scratch marks all over in the beast's room together with the rose last time we were there (in 2013....). Wait. The beast's room is the west wing, no?

Wasn't that portrait in the beast's room with the rose? Or maybe I am thinking of a different one. There was one of the Prince with scratch marks all over in the beast's room together with the rose last time we were there (in 2013....). Wait. The beast's room is the west wing, no?
BOG has 3 dinning rooms
The Ballroom
The West Wing (to the left, portrait of the prince and the Rose with the falling petals)
The Castle Gallery (to the right, with the Beauty and the Beast music box in the center)

It's the based on availability I am concerned about. We have an 8:25 ADR, if the people with earlier ADRs are being held at the restaurant, how much seating will be available.

When we were there in June I think our ADR was for 8:00 or 8:05. We left around 8:40. There seemed to be plenty of seating, though you may have less choice as to which room you eat in.

No, I think I'm the one confused. The west wing is the beast room, and has the portrait, rose, and thunderstorms. Then there's the ball room with the cherubs on the ceiling and the "snow", and another room (for some reason I think it's called the rose room even though it doesn't have the rose) that has the giant music box of Belle and the beast dancing. I think the room with the music box thing is open for breakfast, and I know for sure that (as of June 2015) the ball room and west wing are. Hope that makes sense and sorry for any confusion :)

BOG has 3 dinning rooms
The Ballroom
The West Wing (to the left, portrait of the prince and the Rose with the falling petals)
The Castle Gallery (to the right, with the Beauty and the Beast music box in the center)

This! Don't know where I got "rose room" from for the castle gallery! I'm on pain meds for a neck injury so we'll go with that as an excuse:oops:

sorry if this has already been answered but I still have 8 pages more to read and I didn't want to forget in case it hasn't

this was posted on the DPB

"Breakfast guests will be treated the same as they are today – you will be directed to a queue after breakfast to wait until the park opens. (For example, if a group finishes dining at Be Our Guest and wants to visit Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, they are queued outside the attraction until park opens and then are allowed to enter).

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 6, 2016 at 1:55 pm "

That was my question, (well, one of two with the other being WILL THERE BE DISCOUNTS FOR AP, VISA - answer no)...at least that's a glimmer of pixie dust for us early breakfast folks! :)

Thanks! We may just hang onto our ADR, then - I want to see the standby queue but without the crazy line. Sounds like we can still do that with a PPO ADR.

ETA: The blog saying that's the same way guests are treated today, though, is not exactly true...
Let's hope they stick to this way of doing things!

This! Don't know where I got "rose room" from for the castle gallery! I'm on pain meds for a neck injury so we'll go with that as an excuse:oops:
well, I remember it being called that (The Rose Room) too, but I think it was because of the decorations, not that the rose was in there. At least the first time I went there in 2013.

Sometimes early the Rose Gallery is not open and it opens as the restaurant fills up but it's a HUGE restaurant. The West Wing is small so harder to get a table there. There are always tables in the other two rooms at breakfast. Busy lunch days can be a challenge but not breakfast.

"being held at the restaurant" .... no one is held inside. If they are very early for opening hours they have you stand in the area down past Belle's Cottage just before the main Fantasyland. If you are referring to the Early Magic deal, no reason to hold anyone, they just won't be let on the rides until 9 am. And some parts of the park will not be open to anyone yet with CMs standing there to hold you back. Restaurant will operate as usual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter