Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

"Disney Early Morning Magic is a separately ticketed event taking place on select Tuesdays and Saturdays from 7:45 AM to 10:00 AM. However, the number of available tickets is very limited—be sure to buy your tickets before it’s too late!"

End of April thru end of June right now.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'll have another event to stalk...waiting for July dates to be posted.

Wait- so on those mornings, are guests without a ticket for the morning thing not even allowed in until 10:00am...?!?!?

I sure hope this is NOT true! Right now the park hours say MK opens at 9am.... I'm annoyed enough that RD is going to be ruined by this "pay for play event," but if they move the park opening up an hour I will officially flip my lid! We are going at the end of June, and I suffer from severe migraines. I plan my park days very carefully - RD, swim/rest, evenings... Having MK open hour later makes a big difference...

Sure, I can change my days. However, I made my ADR's 180 DAYS AGO!!! My days are pretty much set... Sure, I could buy the early morning event ticket - but hell no, I'm not spending $70 for 3 rides and a breakfast...

Something about the mid-late May update doesn't pass the sniff test with me....Maybe I'm in denial, though. My thought is the same as some others have mentioned and that Disney is over shooting to try to prevent a recurrence of having to field so many questions all over again. I'm sure they do not want to have to start the madness, once again, in a month. They bought themselves some breathing room for a month, or so, but I'll be that it is announced before that and they will avoid it. My trip is in June and I'd bet this thread will still be going-probably losing a bunch of people, but gaining some new ones, ready to start calling when the projected announcement time draws near...if it hasn't already been announced (I think it will be).

I just called to ask the Myriad of questions that I have regarding the morning magic hours, such as will there be a welcome show that day? Will people in the park that have not purchased the extra tickets be allowed to ride those rides before 10 a.m. xcetera and was told they can't answer any questions about it until tomorrow. Okay then.

I think it means don't ditch your BOG breakfast yet!

Something about the mid-late May update doesn't pass the sniff test with me....Maybe I'm in denial, though. My thought is the same as some others have mentioned and that Disney is over shooting to try to prevent a recurrence of having to field so many questions all over again. I'm sure they do not want to have to start the madness, once again, in a month. They bought themselves some breathing room for a month, or so, but I'll be that it is announced before that and they will avoid it. My trip is in June and I'd bet this thread will still be going-probably losing a bunch of people, but gaining some new ones, ready to start calling when the projected announcement time draws near...if it hasn't already been announced (I think it will be).

I would be careful! I would not even get that thought in your mind. It may lead you to another disappointment! At this point I would advise that you just assume it will not happen that way if they do announce it early it will be a nice surprise rather that another dissapointment

This might be over-parsing what is undoubtedly a PR-driven statement, but I read the word "by" in "[w]e'll share more information about timing on the Disney Parks Blog by mid- to late May" to mean "any time between now and mid- to late May" rather than "in mid- to late May."

I'm so sorry!! That's exactly how I felt when they switched the dates for the paid night thing. I still haven't cancelled my pre-park BOG because I'm in denial! It's so hard to roll with the punches - to be "fluid" if you'll forgive me ;) - when it's at such a late date! I was still dealing with the uncertainty so you have the double blow - so sorry!

We are unfortunately one of those families that treat this as a twice in a life time. We were very fortunate to go in 2014 and had the opportunity to go this May. I planned as if this might be our last trip

I felt the same when they added the After hours, took away the FP for Wishes, delayed Frozen, no Star Wars Fireworks for May, and now ROL. I can take a a few disappointments but there have been MANY with this trip in just the last two months. Keep your head up. It will all work out one way or the other. It is hard when you get that initial blow but the planner in us will find a way to still make our trips magical! In fact I bet we are more disappointed then our families will ever be. For them it is a fantastic trip to DisneyWorld I can almost bet they will have a great time!

Thanks for the sympathies! Yes went through the same exact process... and I don't know if I never noticed or if it EMH were added to the evening of our last day too, and I want MK to "sandwich" out trip. Neither will be "ideal" touring days, but yes we will have a wonderful time together anyway ♡

may I vent for one second? I've come to realize with the amount of people who have said they booked their trips around ROL opening / ROL premiere day, the crowds will now be elevated for my trip starting on 4/21. *sigh* so much for 4s/5s/6s for crowds, if a lot of people booked trips starting around 4/22 they are still going to go regardless of ROL, I wonder if anyone will do a revised crowd calendar, I'm curious (and afraid) to see what the new calendar will look like

now that's out of the way, let's have some fun!

My Itin:

4/21 - MK
arrive and check into POP
lunch at Landscapes at AoA
dinner at Citricos (first time trying it on our last trip and it was our favorite!)
Ferrytale Wishes Fireworks Dessert Cruise

4/22 - AK/HS
pre-park opening TH character breakfast
early dinner at Yak
ROL (HAHAHAHAHA just kidding .. haha ... ha.... :furious:)
SW Fireworks Dessert Party and late night at HS

4/23 - HS/EPCOT
rope drop at HS
lunch at Captain's Grille
dinner at Via Napoli
Illuminatioins

4/24 - AK/MK
rope drop at AK
Liberty Tree for lunch
Trader Sams for drinks
Tambu lounge for "dinner"
MSEP/Celebrate the Magic/Wishes

4/25 - EPCOT/HS/DS
pre-park opening Garden Grill character breakfast
Tutto Italia lunch
Cape May dinner
Bowling at Splitsville

4/26 - AK/MK
early (7:40 early) character breakfast at Ohana
BOG lunch
Territory Lounge for drinks and snacks
Horse & Carriage ride (SO EXCITED for this!)
California Grill dinner during FWs

4/27 - DS/EPCOT/MK
Disney Springs morning
Characters in Flight
Portobello lunch
Dinner at Shula's Steakhouse

4/28 - MK/HS
early morning breakfast at The Wave
Boathouse Lunch
Chef Mickey's character dinner

4/29 - MK/DS
early morning 1900 Park character breakfast
MK (A&E FPs)
Raglan Road lunch
flights home :(

What do you think? If you couldn't tell, we're early morning to late night GO GO GO people on our Disney vacations that also love food...

I looked with dread...whew, doesn't affect any of our MK RDs. It is on our arrival day but we won't be in the park til afternoon so no issues.

Yeah, we just realized that there is a Disney After Hours event on one of our MK days. Thankfully, we were planning to resort hop and made FPs for MK just in case we decide to go in the afternoon. I'm hoping it will still be fun if we want to stay in the park, but at least we weren't dead set on it.

I'm very glad that the morning things manage to not conflict with the day we wanted to rope drop MK - I love the welcome show and want my mom to see it, and I'm not sure if that would still happen with the morning event or not. Plus, it's fun to be at rope drop and be in the first bit of people into the parks :P

I'm hoping I'll be able to find a review or thread before we go, but as late as these are starting in April I'm just not sure. I'm secretly hoping the DIS does a podcast review, just because I'd love to hear the inevitable snark :P
i lucked out too. I only have 1 Morning Magic day during my trip and it's on Saturday. We weren't planning to go to any parks that day. We are moving from AoA on the 9th but our ressie at Bonnet Creek starts in he 6th so we were going to move all of our things over to BC on Saturday and swim in their water park area and just have dinner at GF. Then when we get up Monday morning to go to Epcot we will just grab our bags and head over there then go to BC when we leave the park. Our AK day is that Tuesday so even if they have the MM day we won't be at MK. I think they have the evening one on the Sunday we are going but I don't think hat will affect us much. That's our princess day so we will have to leave at an earlier time anyway.

Last edited:
may I vent for one second? I've come to realize with the amount of people who have said they booked their trips around ROL opening / ROL premiere day, the crowds will now be elevated for my trip starting on 4/21. *sigh* so much for 4s/5s/6s for crowds, if a lot of people booked trips starting around 4/22 they are still going to go regardless of ROL, I wonder if anyone will do a revised crowd calendar, I'm curious (and afraid) to see what the new calendar will look like

now that's out of the way, let's have some fun!

My Itin:

4/21 - MK
arrive and check into POP
lunch at Landscapes at AoA
dinner at Citricos (first time trying it on our last trip and it was our favorite!)
Ferrytale Wishes Fireworks Dessert Cruise

4/22 - AK/HS
pre-park opening TH character breakfast
early dinner at Yak
ROL (HAHAHAHAHA just kidding .. haha ... ha.... :furious:)
SW Fireworks Dessert Party and late night at HS

4/23 - HS/EPCOT
rope drop at HS
lunch at Captain's Grille
dinner at Via Napoli
Illuminatioins

4/24 - AK/MK
rope drop at AK
Liberty Tree for lunch
Trader Sams for drinks
Tambu lounge for "dinner"
MSEP/Celebrate the Magic/Wishes

4/25 - EPCOT/HS/DS
pre-park opening Garden Grill character breakfast
Tutto Italia lunch
Cape May dinner
Bowling at Splitsville

4/26 - AK/MK
early (7:40 early) character breakfast at Ohana
BOG lunch
Territory Lounge for drinks and snacks
Horse & Carriage ride (SO EXCITED for this!)
California Grill dinner during FWs

4/27 - DS/EPCOT/MK
Disney Springs morning
Characters in Flight
Portobello lunch
Dinner at Shula's Steakhouse

4/28 - MK/HS
early morning breakfast at The Wave
Boathouse Lunch
Chef Mickey's character dinner

4/29 - MK/DS
early morning 1900 Park character breakfast
MK (A&E FPs)
Raglan Road lunch
flights home :(

What do you think? If you couldn't tell, we're early morning to late night GO GO GO people on our Disney vacations that also love food...
I think I'm too old to hang with you lol

Not going to, regardless :) We'll just perhaps move away from Fantasyland a bit earlier than planned..

good :) sometimes folks on the board react a bit quickly when something unexpected happens, only to learn their plans would have been fine. you never know what new info you'll get when you call tomorrow--maybe it won't be as bad as we're all thinking? This kind of feels right now to me like the concerns over BOG breakfast making CRT/CP pre-RD less valuable. it isn't untrue, but it also doesn't mean that the pre-RD stuff is necessarily worthless.

RL got in the way today...I missed so much it appears!

just read email stating RoL delayed 'til mid May

we leave WDW on May 14th. Should I just chuck the thought of seeing RoL this trip?

Currently, have a whole day set aside for AK. If it's not happening will be redoing most of my park days once i find the list of 'paid' EE days. Goal is to miss what i'm thinking will be larger park crowds...but maybe, those days will be less crowded with people going to other parks for rope drops.:confused3 No first hand reports yet. Oh joy, i'm yet again a disney guinea pig.:dance3:

I think I'm too old to hang with you lol

My sister and I are both in our mid 20s so we go all out, minimum 2 parks per day except on travel days (although the past 2x when we've gone with our parents we've ended the last day with all 4 parks!), for us park hopper is a MUST

The way we see it, we want to get as much out of our vacation and get our moneys worth by experiencing as much as we can comfortably do, most of our advanced plans are ADRs which are relaxing for us so if we decide to not go to a park between and go back to the hotel for a nap, we'll do it

We always say we need a vacation from our vacation when we get home from Disney, last trip in October we walked over 85 miles in 10 days according to my mom's fitbit, we were pooped at the end!

RL got in the way today...I missed so much it appears!

just read email stating RoL delayed 'til mid May

we leave WDW on May 14th. Should I just chuck the thought of seeing RoL this trip?

Currently, have a whole day set aside for AK. If it's not happening will be redoing most of my park days once i find the list of 'paid' EE days. Goal is to miss what i'm thinking will be larger park crowds...but maybe, those days will be less crowded with people going to other parks for rope drops.:confused3 No first hand reports yet. Oh joy, i'm yet again a disney guinea pig.:dance3:

Actually what they said was we would get more info mid to late May. We are assuming it won't be ready until into June...but who knows...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter